It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Ninaroja » September 28th, 2016, 5:28 pm

One thing I'm wondering about - there's no humans in TLK (unlike Jungle Book, Beauty and the BEast etc.), so unless maybe Rafiki is done by motion capture or something, will it just be pure CGI? So, TLK, but more realistic? Hmmmm.

I kinda saw this coming, and I will definitely see it (provided this isn't just more rumours (haven't had time to inspect any of the sources yet) - I just hope this re-imagining stays true to the source material. Heck, they might even make it darker (like the Jungle Book was) - we may finally see the Pride Lands during Scar's reign, Simba's implied PTSD etc.

I guess I'll withhold judgement until the first look at the movie is available.

Also I hope they don't screw up the voice acting - TJB retained the original music so I can't see why this one wouldn't.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Cheezi » September 28th, 2016, 5:31 pm

I'm honestly rather hyped for it :D I haven't personally seen The Jungle Book remake, but apparently it's really good! So I can only assume that TLK remake will be just as good. But just like everyone else I wouldn't want to see any dramatic changes. Ideally, I'd like to see pretty much the same movie, and as Carl suggested, with more background infornation and what not.
"That old law about 'an eye for an eye' leaves everybody blind.
The time is always right to do the right thing".

My Q&A
Cheezi
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~Who You Are~

Pride Points: 5

Postby Captain Cupcake » September 28th, 2016, 5:41 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]Also I hope they don't screw up the voice acting - TJB retained the original music so I can't see why this one wouldn't.[/quote]

To be precise, it had a mostly new original score with some rearrangements of classic material here and there, along with new renditions of some old songs. Given that Jon Favreau is directing it, I hope he brings Debney back and we can hear a solid score that references some of Zimmer's material and arranges it in neat ways while creating his own unique and solid material for most of the film's score. His work for TJB's remake was brilliant. I'm honestly more interested in hearing how he'd tackle everything than if they were to bring Zimmer back just to deliver a mingling of his old themes and current scoring style, which I'm not very partial to.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby TheLionPrince » September 28th, 2016, 6:17 pm

I feared Disney wouldn't stoop this low, but it was always apparent to me since the release of Cinderella, Disney was hell-bent on remaking their classic films from their animation library. Then, came the avalanche of giving Winnie the Pooh, Mulan, Tinker Bell, Dumbo, Cruella de Vil, Peter Pan, and Snow White's sister Red Rose their own live-action movie. A few weeks ago, it was reported that Lin-Manuel Miranda and Alan Menken were prepping a live-action remake of The Little Mermaid. The live-action re-imagining of Beauty and the Beast is coming up, and a live-action prequel to Aladdin titled Genies is also in development.

Honestly, the only ones I am looking forward to are The Sword in the Stone and The Chronicles of Prydian (in which a few volumes were adapted for The Black Cauldron) since a live-action remake can improve on those flawed, but decently enjoyable films. So, in the end, this has gotten ridiculous. Nevertheless, I am curious about the cast, how the characters will be designed and rendered, and the added story content. Who knows, I may actually like it and will see it for the novelty of seeing my favorite film in live-action.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Kion » September 28th, 2016, 6:35 pm

I'm pretty excited, because The Lion King was swept aside when Frozen came out. I'm looking forward to it getting some attention again, some backstory, promoton, merch. I think there's a chance they will do a decent job.

We know it's having the original music - I only hope for some of the original voice cast.

Imagine The Circle of Life with real animals.

Hoping they make the lions really cute as well.
Kion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hevi Kabisa

Nickname(s): Sam
Pride Points: 3

Postby Rollo » September 28th, 2016, 6:47 pm

Yep, this was definitely inevitable after the success of The Jungle Book. I'm firm in my belief that TJB was an experiment to see if 'animal' animated movies could be remade, in the same fashion that Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast have been remade, and it seems only logical that they now tackle the greatest animated animal feature Disney ever produced. I'm apprehensive, a little worried and I'll be very cautious in judging it, but I am looking forward to all that it will bring. I have faith in Favreau. He's made some fantastic films over the years. I think he'll do the best he can.

I'm also curious to know what 're-imagining' means. I think it's likely that'll be an all-animal photorealism type of scenario that we've seen with TJB, but I would be pleasantly surprised if it took an entirely different turn, i.e it was humanised. Hamlet in Africa isn't at all a bad plotline. That would be seriously interesting and I'd welcome it far more than a remake that's basically the same story, minus a few changes, but made photo-realistic. However, if the latter is the route they take, I would love to see a darkness to the story and more expansion in areas they never touched upon in the original, like Nala growing up during Scar's reign, more of Sarabi, and more development into Simba's character. And less Timon and Pumbaa. That would be a dream.

I'd also like it to not be a musical. TJB worked well without its songs. 'Wanna Be Like You' was a disaster and I think Favreau's aware of that, so to decrease the chances of said disaster occuring again, I think it would be better to do without it. I'd like to see a new version of the Circle Of Life, but everything else I don't really mind saying goodbye to.

It's gonna take a loooong time for me to get used to new voice actors...

Also, John Debney's score for TJB was excellent and I think he did an amazing job with it, but I would like to hear someone different. Michael Giacchino seems like a likely contender to be honest, even if he's not Favreau usual partner in crime. That'd be awesome!
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby it means no worries » September 28th, 2016, 7:32 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]Heck, they might even make it darker (like the Jungle Book was) - we may finally see the Pride Lands during Scar's reign, Simba's implied PTSD etc. [/quote]

I would like to see the original ending.

[quote="Ninaroja"] Also I hope they don't screw up the voice acting [/quote]

The only way I can see that happening for the kid roles in the films would be if they used the audio from the original film.
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby Elton John » September 28th, 2016, 7:37 pm

I think good voice acting is one that will be easily done. Even if the cast is all new disney will spend top dollar for high level talent. This is a big theatrical movie for one of their more important animated films, they are going to at the very least make sure that everything looks and sounds great.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby it means no worries » September 28th, 2016, 7:39 pm

I'm sure they could splash the cash and make the voice acting good-but it wont really be the same without the voices we're used to.
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby Elton John » September 28th, 2016, 7:45 pm

It's a re-imagining, of course it won't be the same thing as the original. I want it to be its own thing, while still having the same spirit as the original, and mostly the same plot with character personalities intact. At the same time I don't want it to stray too far and be like maleficent.

People are too obsessed with bringing back the original actors. They were great but it has been 22 years and they have moved on. It's time for some fresh blood, new actors who are great at what they do.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)