It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » November 24th, 2018, 2:05 am

https://ewn.co.za/2018/11/23/listen-leg ... g-role/amp

new rafiki actor John Kani talks a bit about voicing Rafiki.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » November 24th, 2018, 6:15 am

[quote="Elton John"]https://ewn.co.za/2018/11/23/listen-legendary-sa-actor-john-kani-on-the-lion-king-role/amp

new rafiki actor John Kani talks a bit about voicing Rafiki.[/quote]

If I heard it correctly, it sounds like Rafiki will be depicted as a more serious character.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on November 24th, 2018, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Panpardus » November 24th, 2018, 7:44 pm

Yeah, that's the vibe I'm getting. Kani's been pretty adamant about making the story (or at least his part of the story) as grounded in African storytelling tradition as possible, which includes making Rafiki's idiosyncrasies a more integral and almost reverent part of his character and personality, and less like the "crazy old mystic". I don't know how much this'll necessarily extend to how other aspects of the movie are executed -- though he also talked with the other principal actors so I think (and hope) it could rub off on them in some tangible way -- but it is exactly the direction I'd go if I had to do this project myself.

This shorter interview covers the same ground but elaborates a bit more on how he's approached the role: https://youtu.be/49Og3_rkEG0?t=320
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » November 24th, 2018, 9:14 pm

tlk is second only to the avengers in terms of trailer views in 24 hours.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollyw ... er-1163695

224 million vs 230 million.

Yeah, this movie is gonna be huge.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Julia P » November 25th, 2018, 7:54 pm

I heard there are gonna be song(s) taken out and song(s) added. This I'm not too happy about. The music is so perfect the way it is and really helps make the story what it is! Hope it isn't TOO different. I want to feel the same vibe as the original while watching it. Anyone else hear this or is it one of those false rumors?
Julia P

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fan since '94 and forevermore

Pride Points: 0

Postby Elton John » November 26th, 2018, 2:26 am

not sure if this is him confirming it but Hans Zimmer recently posted in one of the fb hans fangroups I belong to and stated that ‘My Brother, I wouldn’t leave home without him!’ In regards to Lebo M being a part of the remake.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » November 26th, 2018, 4:20 am

[quote="Julia P"]I heard there are gonna be song(s) taken out and song(s) added. This I'm not too happy about. The music is so perfect the way it is and really helps make the story what it is! Hope it isn't TOO different. I want to feel the same vibe as the original while watching it. Anyone else hear this or is it one of those false rumors?[/quote]

The going knowledge/rumor based on reports and interviews is that "Be Prepared" is being removed and Elton John and Beyoncé are co-writing a new song that will be played in the movie.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » November 27th, 2018, 1:36 am

Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TheLionPrince » November 27th, 2018, 5:40 am

[quote="Elton John"]https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2018/11/26/amy-sedaris-joins-cast-of-jon-favreaus-the-lion-king/

Huh.[/quote]

I always had a suppressed feeling there would be new characters created for the remake. I don't think an elephant shrew character is going to be that important in the film. I speculate it will be like a minor supporting role like Ikki the porcupine was in The Jungle Book.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Scarthetrueking » November 28th, 2018, 2:43 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"][quote="Elton John"]https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2018/11/26/amy-sedaris-joins-cast-of-jon-favreaus-the-lion-king/

Huh.[/quote]

I always had a suppressed feeling there would be new characters created for the remake. I don't think an elephant shrew character is going to be that important in the film. I speculate it will be like a minor supporting role like Ikki the porcupine was in The Jungle Book.[/quote]
Honestly, I just hope that the new characters don't take too much spotlight away from Simba and the rest of the original characters. :oops:
Scarthetrueking
maddog

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Long Live The Queen!

Nickname(s): Maddie
Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)