It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » September 28th, 2016, 2:56 pm

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-jon-favreau-the-lion-king/

I totally called it a year ago!

I don't know how to feel about this...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Darkshine Laufeyson » September 28th, 2016, 2:58 pm

Man, you beat me to it! xD
Siggie under construction, watch this space!
I love animals, acting, and dancing! Tom Hiddleston fangirl. <3
Warriors Cats|Guardians of Ga'Hoole|Redwall|Wings of Fire|The Named|Disney|HTTYD|LOTR|Harry Potter|Narnia|Inheritance|MARVEL/DC|Star Wars|Jurassic Park|Doctor Who|MLP/LPS|Pokemon
Darkshine Laufeyson

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby FlipMode » September 28th, 2016, 3:05 pm

To be fair, I think everyone called it. I mean you're not going to remake Jungle Book and have it be successful and not do Lion King. In fact I'd wager to say they were testing the water with the remakes prior to see what the reactions were before they decided to remake the hugely popular ones like TLK.

But yeah it should be great. I've enjoyed the remakes up to this point. Beauty and the beast is looking fantastic, I'm excited to see what they do with TLK.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » September 28th, 2016, 3:13 pm

I'm apprehensive. I want the remake to do the original as much justice as it can.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Si-Amber » September 28th, 2016, 3:44 pm

I don't know yet how I feel about this, one of my favourite movies being remade. I hope it's good though.

My concern with these Disney remakes, is that new generations of kids may not be interested in watching the "old-fashioned" original movies, whiich would be a shame.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby SimbaPrescott » September 28th, 2016, 3:54 pm

I'm also a bit apprehensive. On one hand, it's great to hear of the (inevitable?) TLK remake. On the other, remakes usually alter a film rather drastically at points.
The Jungle Book is a good example - the original animation was so light hearted that there is never any real danger to be found and the remake was much darker at points. Whereas TLK already has dark elements (Mufasa and Scar's death).

But, I did enjoy The Jungle Book remake much more than the animation. So time will tell, I guess!
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby FlipMode » September 28th, 2016, 4:07 pm

[quote="Si Targaryen"]I don't know yet how I feel about this, one of my favourite movies being remade. I hope it's good though.

My concern with these Disney remakes, is that new generations of kids may not be interested in watching the "old-fashioned" original movies, whiich would be a shame.[/quote]

I don't know, I've always wanted to watch the original material on any film / book / game etc I've seen that's based on or a direct reimagining of something else.
I could imagine kids seeing this film and then they go to school and their friends are like "Did you know The Lion King was actually a cartoon first?" and the other kid is like "No way?!"

If nothing else, this will get people talking about Lion King again :D
Edit: but they must redo the music and get as many of the original composers back as possible or else this film can go away forever.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby it means no worries » September 28th, 2016, 4:11 pm

Colour me stupid, but I don't know what "re-imagining" entails-I have no clue how far the deviations will be.
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby Elton John » September 28th, 2016, 4:14 pm

[quote="it means no worries"]Colour me stupid, but I don't know what "re-imagining" entails-I have no clue how far the deviations will be.[/quote]

Likely a photorealistic cgi remake a la the recent one for the jungle book.

The jungle book remake had top class cgi and great designs. At the very least if the film is cgi it's going to look fabulous.

If they do keep the original songs 'just cant wait to be king' is going to be delightfully trippy.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Carl » September 28th, 2016, 4:56 pm

I haven't seen any of the re-imaginings so far, but for a long time I have really hoped they wouldn't do this. I'm hopeful that they will make something great, I mean they do have awesome source material, but I'm worried I'll dislike it. That's probably not the case since I've liked everything TLK that Disney has released, but I can't help worrying. I mean if the movie's exactly the same as the old one there wouldn't be a point in remaking it, but if they change the story too drastically, it could be really weird and hard to like as a fan.

On the other hand, they could use the Broadway production for inspiration of things to change, and that could be super cool. Or they could give us some more insight into why the hyenas and lions hate each other in this universe. Or all kinds of cool things.

Basically I'm really on the fence about this, but I am hopeful. But hey, if it's really awesome, maybe this place will get more activity again.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to The Lion King (2019)