It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » February 10th, 2020, 1:36 pm

Yes, I wasn't expecting it, though the Best Visual Effects nomination was well-deserved. Wow that 1995 clip is super nostalgic lol. I need to look up more clips from back then. Happy for Elton John. I was happy with a lot of the nominations and wins from last night.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » February 10th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Thinking about it, I want to hear Arnie and Stallone cover Hakuna Matata with Arnie as Timon, Stallone as Pumbaa and Jean Claude Van Damme as Simba.

In fact they should remake this remake but instead of cgi savannah and animals it is old washed up action stars among other characters playing the characters. Sean Bean can be Scar, JCVD can roundhouse kick him off pride rock at the end. Musical numbers will still be in. Just imagine Steven Seagal singing the circle of life!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » February 10th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Oh wow that’d be iconic. I’d be entertained. Funny how I actually cast Arnie in my fanfiction - my own version of TLK3. He’s playing a new hippo character. Lol.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Bunga2019 » February 12th, 2020, 9:04 am

[quote="MeerkatOnTheMoon"]Yes, I wasn't expecting it, though the Best Visual Effects nomination was well-deserved.[/quote]
That´s right.
The Angry Video Game Nerd: "Time?" When you kill things, it says "Time?" What does that mean?
Bunga2019
Nostalgia Nerd

Nickname(s): Wonder Boy
Pride Points: 3

Postby Stormy » February 13th, 2020, 5:27 am

Finding it weird but amazing at the same time that Lion King 2019 is still running a few theaters worldwide just squeezing out any last penny it can after 7-8 months. Doesn’t look like Frozen will be able to catch it, it hit a fatigue compared to how consistently TLK was growing. Doesn’t look like Star Wars will make it either. For some reason, because of Endgame I really underestimated how much 1.6B really was for a movie and how much it really takes to get there.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Gemini » April 19th, 2020, 6:46 pm

[quote="Abyssal_S"]Finding it weird but amazing at the same time that Lion King 2019 is still running a few theaters worldwide just squeezing out any last penny it can after 7-8 months. Doesn’t look like Frozen will be able to catch it, it hit a fatigue compared to how consistently TLK was growing. Doesn’t look like Star Wars will make it either. For some reason, because of Endgame I really underestimated how much 1.6B really was for a movie and how much it really takes to get there.[/quote]

That's pretty bizarre to me considering where I live I think it only played for... I think two weeks? It was popular enough to be shown on its opening weekend at least. I tentatively batted around the idea of seeing it but when I heard it was a shot-for-shot I decided I'd rather pirate it or watch on Disney+ for free than support it with my money.

By the time I made that choice anyway though it was basically long gone. lol
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby le0 » May 11th, 2020, 9:34 pm

I need to watch this soon! Never did. :sad:
le0

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jonas
Pride Points: 15

Postby Stormy » September 29th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Is this it?

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1310974070855528449?s=20

Edit: It’s confirmed. Director confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/barryjenkins/status/1310973073353400320?s=21
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby TheLionPrince » September 29th, 2020, 5:26 pm

It's official. Deadline Hollywood has confirmed it, and there are a reliable entertainment news source: https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-lion-king-sequel-barry-jenkins-moonlight-director-disney-1234586787/

Personally, I knew a sequel was on the horizon, but I didn't know when. Jon Favreau seems pre-occupied with "The Mandalorian" so it's out of the blue to hire Barry Jenkins of "Moonlight" fame to direct the sequel. While I was disappointed with the remake, a sequel will force the creative team to use their own imagination.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Stormy » September 29th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Internet backlash on this will be massive. Already seeing it. But.. again we've seen before it seems it won't matter.

Disney saw the 1.6B in the box office and the nearly 90% audience score and took the shot.

According to reports the initial draft of the script is complete. A lot of sources keep pointing to prequel about Mufasa's origin story but I simply can't see them doing this as a whole movie?
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)