a remake sequel is announced

Re: a remake sequel is announced

Postby Elton John » October 5th, 2022, 9:57 am

i really cant say

i just hope that barry jenkins understands that online fandoms can get incredibly toxic, and while the tlk fandom hasn't done anything nearly as bad as say... the steven universe or star wars fandom... that certain people can do petty/evil things to creators or members of a fandom when something is done dealing with a franchise that disagrees with their viewpoints.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » October 5th, 2022, 10:12 pm

there was a list of character that leaked out in casting call (albeit, i think temporary names) - those could easily be some of the cubs. notably, with one named "Adah" being a female lead role via DanielRPK.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » October 6th, 2022, 1:46 am

multiple cubs

what if they are kopa, kiara and kion?
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » October 6th, 2022, 7:21 am

[quote="Elton John"]multiple cubs

what if they are kopa, kiara and kion?[/quote]

That thought crossed My mind as well.

The only toxicity I have found with the fandom and that was with one You Tuber that was making videos about how The Lion Guard was not canon and was ruining The Lion King.

The other I will not mention as to avoid starting a fight.

A important Lioness named Adah?....Possibly a Mother to Mufasa and/or Scar. Perhaps Sarabi or Sarafina? Or She could even be a Sister or Mother to Zira (if They go that route).
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » December 1st, 2022, 6:04 pm

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/new-movies/antman-3-guardians-vol-3-loki-2-indiana-jones-5-and-other-disney-trailers-revealed-in-regional-showcase/news-story/db03345b50e057fc974a984a2433812f

the trailer was shown behind closed doors

what is interesting is that today is brazils comic com and insiders have hinted at at a lot of big things.... a bit of a shot in the dark considering the movie is 2024 but...
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Stormy » December 7th, 2022, 5:33 am

seems like the same one that was shown at D23 based off of the description. for how early they're showing it off, i'm curious when it will be released in 2023. and this short clip that is being shown being closed doors is definitely going to be the teaser that releases it seems.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » December 7th, 2022, 10:12 pm

it has a july 2024 release date

i'm assuming they will ramp up marketing next year, release the voicecast, a teaser trailer with disneys big 2023 december movie which is... i'm not sure what it is yet. they might release a teaser at the thanksgiving football game or the superbowl.

i'm thinking the reason why we haven't gotten a lot of voicecast announcements is that the vast majority of the movie takes place before tlk 1 and most of the characters are new and they are waiting for some grand announcement. have they even announced the full cast for the little mermaid remake?

now what interested me the most about the teaser was that timon and pumbaa were talking to cubs plural about mufasa, i heard around 3? could it be that the cubs are kiara kopa and kion? would be funny.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Iberian » December 9th, 2022, 11:54 pm

[quote="Elton John"]it has a july 2024 release date

i'm assuming they will ramp up marketing next year, release the voicecast, a teaser trailer with disneys big 2023 december movie which is... i'm not sure what it is yet. they might release a teaser at the thanksgiving football game or the superbowl.

i'm thinking the reason why we haven't gotten a lot of voicecast announcements is that the vast majority of the movie takes place before tlk 1 and most of the characters are new and they are waiting for some grand announcement. have they even announced the full cast for the little mermaid remake?

now what interested me the most about the teaser was that timon and pumbaa were talking to cubs plural about mufasa, i heard around 3? could it be that the cubs are kiara kopa and kion? would be funny.[/quote]

Would really enjoy to see Kopa :kiarakopa: in the big screen. Younger fans of the franchise might not realise how important he is to us older fans. I really love how Disney always releases the movies in this franchise in the summer (they know this movie is set in Africa, so releasing it in December would not make any sense) this is really a summer movie, (the guy or gal making Disney's schedule really know what they're doing).
But really I highly doubt we will ever gonna see Kopa.
Iberian

Postby Elton John » December 10th, 2022, 2:18 am

considering that scars name is Taka in the movie Barry Jenkins knows some of the deep cut stuff. and by superbowl i meant superbowl 2024.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Stormy » December 10th, 2022, 6:33 am

Superbowl 2024 seems a little close if they wanna do some big marketing.

I'd bet Thanksgiving football 2023.
Also, I think Wish comes out November 2023. That's supposed to be a big one for Disney 100th.

I'm also basing off the fact the first teaser for TLK 2019 was November 2018 for a July 2019 release.
So a November 2023 (for either Wish or Thanksgiving football) is not out of the question for a July 2024.

Then they will definitely throw it in front of some Marvel films.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)