a remake sequel is announced

Re: a remake sequel is announced

Postby SimbasGuard » November 20th, 2021, 1:49 am

More in depth detal about The Lion Guard was announced at D23 in 2014.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Stormy » November 20th, 2021, 3:26 am

Right, but this specific weekend is for Disney Parks. I'm sure there will be one later in 2022 for movies/tv media. If you look at the schedule, it's all Disney World stuff this weekend.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbasGuard » November 21st, 2021, 12:36 pm

Ah OK.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » March 21st, 2022, 5:32 pm

jimmy laxton, the cinematographer for this movie just won the best cinematography award for his work on Underground Railroad by the American Society of Cinematographers which he also worked with barry jenkins on.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » March 26th, 2022, 6:47 am

That's awesome 8-)

SimbasGuard

Postby PridelandsPhantom » April 5th, 2022, 2:34 am

I think it would be interesting to see some of Mufasa and Scar’s past. Most of it has been conjecture such as TLK6NA and a little bit in TLG. It would be nice to see Ahadi and Uru get some officials screentime. I am not a real fan of the so called “live action” craze lately, but that is mainly because I love traditional animation. Many things that work great in animation look silly in “live”. A more original screenplay might lend itself better to this new animation style as there are fewer ideas on how things should look based on the traditional animation.

I have noticed that TLK 2019 and TLK do lean more towards the African feel of TLK, so exploring more of the African themes in the new film is a possibility.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Stormy » April 6th, 2022, 12:43 am

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]I have noticed that TLK 2019 and TLK do lean more towards the African feel of TLK, so exploring more of the African themes in the new film is a possibility.[/quote]

With Barry Jenkins, definitely. It will be cool to see.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » October 4th, 2022, 5:52 pm

i thought this site died

anyway movie is now titled Mufasa: The Lion King, releases july 5th 2024.... seth rogan, billy eichner and john kani are back in future segments telling an unnamed cub the story of mufasa. there was a teaser at D23 not shown to the public

oh and apparently Mufasa starts off as an orphan, an ever so popular disney trope and is not of royal lineage? And the story is of him earning him the title of king? There will probably be f***ery by Taka and we will probably see a younger Sarabi and Sarafina and possibly the love triangle between Taka, Mufasa and Sarabi that was alluded to in the 2019 movie.

The movie is a musical so even if it sucks hopefully it has a bangin' soundtrack.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » October 5th, 2022, 3:29 am

"The footage began with Rafiki telling the story of Mufasa to young cubs, revealing that the lion was actually an orphaned cub who had to navigate the world alone until he rose to become the king of Pride Rock. As such, the film goes beyond the iconic Pride Lands to show him as a cub in a desert, where he is swept away by a flood and becomes an orphan.

“In this place a lion was born without a drop of nobility in his blood,” Rafiki narrates. “The lion who would change our lives forever.”"
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby SimbasGuard » October 5th, 2022, 9:48 am

[quote="Elton John"]i thought this site died[/quote]

Same Here. I was thrilled to see the notice in My Mail.

July 5th huh. Mufasa gets a chance to rule the 4th of July Weekend Box Office. 8-)

I don't know how I feel about Mufasa not being of Royal blood, although the "Live Action" Lion King is It's own continuity, or dare I say it...Universe. Therefore no actual continuity is being erased.

This will make for an interesting story. Although I am now wondering about some things:

Are Mufasa and Scar not going to be Brothers by blood?

Will Mufasa become the first Lion King of The Pride Lands or will He have to overthrow a Tyrant Lion King to earn The Throne? (The Movie has to have some Action/Drama).

I Hope Nala's Father is revealed (In some way).

Are these Cubs Rafiki is telling the story to Kiara and Kion?

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)