a remake sequel is announced

Re: a remake sequel is announced

Postby This Land » September 14th, 2021, 11:09 pm

I've heard that it's both.

A Sequel about Simba's rule, but at the same time the origins of Mufasa and Scar play out.

But that's just hear-say *shrugs*. But may explain why he refused to confirm its just a prequel.
"We’re all stories, in the end… just make it a good one, eh?”
www.tlkgo.co.uk :3
This Land

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » September 19th, 2021, 8:16 am

I had originally heard that like The Godfather Part 2 it would detail Simba's rise to power and Mufasa and Scar's past.

This led Me to believe the movie would be set after Simba takes The Throne, but before the birth of Kiara.

If it is a straight up prequel there is the posability We would have an even better chance of having Sarafina's name mentioned on screen and a very realistic chance of finding out the name of Nala's Dad.

If They use Taka as Scar's birth name, that raises an interesting question. It may be a catch 22 as Taka was a name used for for a character They already owned, but if Disney officially takes the name Taka into canon as Scar's name. Could Disney also pull Kopa into The Lion King Canon as well? They are able to do that with anything they want from the official Star Wars Novels. Lion King Six New Adventures was officially licensed by Disney.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on November 13th, 2021, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby This Land » September 19th, 2021, 11:37 pm

you make some good points :) Would be cool if they chose to implement some of them.
Maybe some references or featuring aspects of TLG too ? Like a younger Scar/Taka possessing the roar for example ? That would be interesting !
"We’re all stories, in the end… just make it a good one, eh?”
www.tlkgo.co.uk :3
This Land

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » September 20th, 2021, 8:38 am

Acknowledging The Lion Guard in some way, in the movie (Even in the CGI Universe) wold be awesome. Some people still doubt The Show's canonicity.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stormy » November 12th, 2021, 5:40 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/lionking/comments/qsefid/the_lion_king_prequel_filming_started_and_plot/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Filming has begun, also a film description..

“Simba, having become king of the Pride Lands, is determined for his cub follow in his footsteps while the origins of his late rather Mufasa are explored.”
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby linnea » November 12th, 2021, 5:46 pm

[quote="Stormy"]https://www.reddit.com/r/lionking/comments/qsefid/the_lion_king_prequel_filming_started_and_plot/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Filming has begun, also a film description..

“Simba, having become king of the Pride Lands, is determined for his cub follow in his footsteps while the origins of his late rather Mufasa are explored.”[/quote]

who will be the cub Kiara or Kion? :?
linnea

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby Stormy » November 12th, 2021, 6:41 pm

Jenkins has pretty much stayed the film won’t use any previous source material from older films so probably neither.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby linnea » November 12th, 2021, 7:11 pm

[quote="Stormy"]Jenkins has pretty much stayed the film won’t use any previous source material from older films so probably neither.[/quote]

Odd so how it will relate to the lion king world?
linnea

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby Elton John » November 13th, 2021, 3:25 am

[quote="Stormy"]Jenkins has pretty much stayed the film won’t use any previous source material from older films so probably neither.[/quote]

where did he say that?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » November 13th, 2021, 5:06 am

Well the only good thing about taking this movie in a completely different direction is that further distancing it from the original series will better establish it as it's own continuity.

I wonder what the gender and name of the New cub will Be?

However Variety said that Scar's original name was Taka in one of the last news reports We got? That name is from a previous source. and isn't Variety a reliable source? or are They a gossip rag?
Last edited by SimbasGuard on March 26th, 2022, 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)