a remake sequel is announced

Re: a remake sequel is announced

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » July 3rd, 2021, 2:39 pm

[quote="Stormy"][quote="Elton John"]In this interview about the underground railroad we get another incredibly vague tidbit about the new movie.
"Its a journey of self discovery".
You mean like a lot of Disney movies.
But seriously its nice that Barry is working with multiple people he has worked before, at least.[/quote]

took me a second to figure out if they were talking about the actual movie or the person lol[/quote]

I was just catching up with the recent posts but yes I did wonder if they were referring to the actual movie or the person at first :p
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » July 3rd, 2021, 3:57 pm

Barry is also working with the dude who did Beale Street for the musical numbers, not sure who the lyricist is yet. iirc i also heard the cinematographer for beale street is on this movie.

According to an article on the disinsider from february that said production would start this fall, was updated to production is starting September 6th. Meaning pre production is almost over and they have likely casted a few roles already? possibly?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » July 3rd, 2021, 4:57 pm

i would assume they have casted at least a few yeah. at least maybe the young mufasa and scar, or a few of the other names that were listed during the casting calls.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbasGuard » July 4th, 2021, 7:24 am

A journey of self discovery could potentially shed some new light on the characters We know and love. It sounds very interesting.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » August 10th, 2021, 8:47 pm

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/08/awards-insider-barry-jenkins-on-underground-railroad

New interview.

No real info on the movie itself, but it is interesting how the interviewer called it a prequel and Barry didn't correct her. Maybe it is purely a prequel.

Some small behind the scenes info too.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stormy » August 12th, 2021, 3:03 am

Yeah, it's possible that it really is just pure prequel. Though, would be surprised if they passed up the chance to use Beyonce or Donald Glover again. Unless they have them telling a story through Simba & Nala to whatever their cubs name is (assumption if we do see Simba and Nala, but I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't get ANY of them in it for a Lion King movie.) So, that's my thought.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Stormy » August 26th, 2021, 8:14 pm

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/the-lion-king-prequel-cast-mufasa-scar-1235049941/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby TheLionPrince » August 26th, 2021, 10:46 pm

Also, it's more surprising that in these press reports from Deadline Hollywood and Variety state Scar's birth name was Taka. This is probably the first time that Disney has acknowledged this in one of their films outside of the Six New Adventures books.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Stormy » August 27th, 2021, 12:00 am

I've seen a few people mention that too. Interesting.
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » September 1st, 2021, 11:22 pm

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/09/barry-jenkins-telluride-2021-1234661277/

Barry refused to comment on the new movie being just a prequel.

Interesting.
Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)