Moana

Re: Moana

Postby Tsuki » September 16th, 2016, 11:49 pm

^ I'm not sure if it's out over here yet :gasp:
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Gemini » September 17th, 2016, 1:37 am

^ Ah, gotcha! That's unfortunate. It's really quite a good movie and I'd highly recommend it. :) It came out last month over here.

As for the topic of this thread, I just saw the new trailer for Moana. I'm really hoping it'll be a good adventure story. I'm a bit confused as to why they chose Dwayne the Rock but I'm hoping that they'll make it work regardless.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Elton John » September 17th, 2016, 1:57 am

Dwane Johnson is of Samoan descent so it makes sense that they'd choose him to voice the character of Maui.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Elton John » October 24th, 2016, 1:39 pm

I just listened to the Hamilton soundtrack. Not normally into hip hop/rap but WOW that was good. Moana's soundtrack is in good hands.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rollo » October 24th, 2016, 5:29 pm

I'll certainly be seeing Moana in theatres, but I can't say for sure what I expect of it yet. I do appreciate how diverse her family/tribe look in the snippets we've seen, and it's a breath of fresh air to have a female protagonist with as much personality, development (I hope!) and as much motivation as Judy Hopps. That's the vibe I'm getting from her and that can only be a good thing. I hope she's as driven as a character as Judy was, and I also hope the movie is carried by the characters instead of the plotline, which, so far, seems to be the same old, same old fantastical journey tale...except it's set out on the ocean.

It's strongest asset so far is the soundtrack. I've listened to the preview of "We Know The Way" and it sounds INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to hear the rest of the soundtrack when it's released.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Marizzle » October 24th, 2016, 5:40 pm

Speaking about Moana, a clip was just uploaded by Disney, on YouTube, giving us a first listen of a new song! :D
Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vGjmZNbKGE
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby TheLionPrince » October 25th, 2016, 12:13 am

[quote="Marizzle"]Speaking about Moana, a clip was just uploaded by Disney, on YouTube, giving us a first listen of a new song! :D
Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vGjmZNbKGE[/quote]

Thank you! I listened to it twice and the song sounds really catchy and irresistible. I think I may buy the soundtrack and I rarely purchase soundtrack albums.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » October 25th, 2016, 12:19 am

Maybe it's the terrible youtube quality on my phone but these songs do nothing for me. Hoping they sound better in the movie.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Marizzle » November 13th, 2016, 1:13 am

Here's "We Know The Way": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOwVQvAIK-k

After listening to it twice, I can't stop hitting the replay button. SO AMAZING. <3
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Tsuki » November 13th, 2016, 8:39 pm

I'm still unsure about this film :/. Think it could be that I don't know that much about it....but it may be our Christmas film this year (Each year me, my mum and sister go and see a film around Christmas time in the cinema).
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Pride Points: 88

PreviousNext

Return to The Den