Moana

Moana

Postby PridelandsPhantom » September 12th, 2016, 12:35 pm

I know it hasn't been released yet and there are only trailers around, but what do you think about this film. I'm actually really intrigued to see this film and feel it's really an interesting concept. I like what I've seen so far and I like that it's set in the South Pacific. It says there will be no love interest in the film for Moana so I find that to be cool. I don't mind the heroine not having a love interest all the time in a film and it is nice to see conventions on characters being broken from time-to-time. All in all it looks promising. Opinions? :)
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Re: Moana

Postby Elton John » September 12th, 2016, 1:37 pm

It looks promising but i'm not completely sold on it just yet.

The directors are the directors behind 'the little mermaid' and 'aladdin' so that's a great start right there. They apparently got someone really talented behind the music.

The titular character has been described as an aladdin/hercules type, and the movie will either have no romance or no typical disney style romance. While it is good that disney can do things outside of their safe space I really hope that they haven't given up on traditional love stories.

I doubt it will top Zootopia. I have seen it four times already (twice in theaters, twice on blu ray.) and I can safely say that it has replaced aladdin as my second favorite animated disney movie.

I'd love for it to try though! Imagine getting two top tier disney animated movies in the same year. I liked finding dory but i'd consider it to be mid-tier disney animation.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby PrincessKiara » September 12th, 2016, 10:29 pm

I`m really excited for the new addition to the Disney Princess line-up - and I personally like very much that Moana will have no love intrest or love story as part of her film. As much as I adore Disney couples and their love stories, we need breaks from that stuff too, and it`s refreshing to see Disney trying new things and breaking with decades of traditions.

The animation looks gorgeous from that I`ve seen in the trailer, and I like the setting of a Polynesian island and the South Pacific ocean. As I understand it, the movie will focus on Moana`s journey, so that will be interesting to see.
I`d say the film looks very promising, yes! I hope they weave in Polynesian mythology and culture in an insightful and respectful way.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Buffy » September 13th, 2016, 1:07 am

I am very excited about Moana. Been pumped since it was announced, and from what I have seen from the trailers and whatnot it looks great. I love the character design of Moana herself, and of course the animation in the nature surrounding her. Can't wait to see it, and to get more sneak peeks and stuff. I think I might actually see this one in the theatres (I don't go to the cinemas often).
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Gemini » September 13th, 2016, 3:46 am

I'm super excited for this. We've been spoiled with fantastic movies from both Disney and Pixar lately, often with multiple coming out in one year. Honestly I feel like Finding Dory is the weakest one that's come out in the past couple of years, and it definitely wasn't bad (I've also heard The Good Dinosaur was simply okay, but haven't seen it). Frozen, Inside Out, and Zootopia were all fantastic, groundbreaking films that rank up there with the finest the studio has to offer, especially in terms of 3D.

It would be wonderful if they could somehow keep up that streak - although that's certainly a high bar to meet, I have very high hopes and am interested based off of what I've seen so far. I definitely will try to see it in November when it's released to us, and hope it's as good as their trailers and previous films have led me to believe it will be.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby TheLionPrince » September 13th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Ever since it was announced back in 2013, I was always in high anticipation for this. At first, it was announced to be scheduled for release in 2018, but thankfully, it was moved up to November 2016. Last year, Variety wrote that the opening would be reminiscent of the "Circle of Life" opening of The Lion King, which really raised my expectations. From the trailers and television spots that I've seen so far, the animation continues the painterly style of Tangled and Frozen, and I was impressed how fluid the water was rendered to appear in the international trailer.

I have a strong feeling that this will be the best film from Ron Clements and John Musker since Aladdin. Hopefully, this time around, they will be more respectful of Polynesian mythology than they were with Greek mythology for Hercules. I am also hopeful than Lin-Manuel Miranda's songs and Mark Mancina (who also worked on the music of Lion King) will be memorable and great to listen to. As for no love interest for Moana, I can live without it since it may give the film a breath of fresh air though I generally find romance, more often than not when not forced, deepens the story and characters depending on how strong the writing is.

So, I'm crossing my fingers that this will not disappoint since I do plan to see it in theaters.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Squeely » September 16th, 2016, 3:02 am

I'm very excited for it and plan on seeing it in theaters! What we've seen in previews thus far looks really good.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Marizzle » September 16th, 2016, 4:00 pm

[quote="Buffy"]I am very excited about Moana. Been pumped since it was announced, and from what I have seen from the trailers and whatnot it looks great. I love the character design of Moana herself, and of course the animation in the nature surrounding her. Can't wait to see it, and to get more sneak peeks and stuff. I think I might actually see this one in the theatres (I don't go to the cinemas often).[/quote]
You've said everything I wanted to say! The animation shown on the trailers just blew me away, I can't even imagine how the whole movie will be. The water, especially, looks insanely good. :D

Also, I'm extremely hyped about the soundtrack. I can't wait to hear the songs Disney has created this time! :zukazama:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Tsuki » September 16th, 2016, 9:01 pm

Hmmm still unsure what to make of this movie. I'm looking forward to Kubo more if I'm honest. That and I can't stand Dwayne Johnson :puke:
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Gemini » September 16th, 2016, 10:30 pm

^ You haven't seen Kubo yet? Go watch it, it's fantastic!

I rarely go to movies but I had to see it. Liked it so much I went a second time. No regrets. :)
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Next

Return to The Den