adult Kions mane

adult Kions mane

Postby zerodix » February 29th, 2020, 12:31 pm

anyone else think Kion has very underdeveloped mane as an adult? When he meets Kovu as a cub, they are the same age.. then they meet again in the final 2 episodes and Kovu has a normal adult mane, and Kion is left with...well a slighty bigger tuft of red mane then he had as a cub.. also, Scar told Kion he was his same age when he had his scar.. the we see a flashback of teenage Scar....with mane..
I am curious how and why :)
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Re: adult Kions mane

Postby SimbasGuard » February 29th, 2020, 11:12 pm

I believe that Kion is just barely an Adult (18 In Human Years At The Most). I think is possibly 2 years younger than Kovu (Using a Human Time span).

https://disneyjuniorpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Kion

I remember that Scar told Ushari that he was not much older than Kion when he got his scar.

I'd say from where the series ended Kion should have a decent beginning Mane. In a year Kion should have A Young Adult Lion's Mane (Similar to Kovu's)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby KionScar » June 13th, 2020, 10:09 pm

I know it's been awhile since last post.

Unless he (Kion) is based on the Tsavo subspecies, though that's silly if his family is based on the Barbary subspecies. Could be that in this case, somewhere in the ancestor line Tsavo got mixed in to the family.

Could partly explain Nuka as well...
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby SimbasGuard » June 14th, 2020, 10:16 am

That is possible, but I just can't imagine Kion not having a magnificent mane like his Father's when he reached full adulthood.

With Nuka I think his less than impressive mane was due to his scratching because of his termites. I think his overall poor health was also a contributing factor.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » July 21st, 2020, 8:43 pm

well

considering that kovu was born before kiara

and that kion was born after kiara (i dont really believe they are twins or littermates or whatever).

kovu would be older than kion

but given that we don’t know any characters actual age in this franchise or if they even age like regular animals... who knows.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » July 22nd, 2020, 8:29 am

Yes, with the way The Lion Guard ended I have now embraced the theory that The Lions in The Lion King Universe age at a Human rate. I no longer think Kiara and Kion are Littermates. However I still think Kion will have a Young Adult Lion Mane A Year from when The Series ended, it just won't be as full as Kovu's Mane in The final episode.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on July 31st, 2020, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

Postby Elton John » July 22nd, 2020, 4:27 pm

i like the idea of kion as a full adult being bigger and stronger than mufasa. like, he’s a tank of a lion. a warhorse compared to a regular horse.

i liked that idea anyway

then they gave him godmode powers at the end and uh....
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » July 23rd, 2020, 8:10 am

I have always thought that the fact that Simba grew up eating bugs may have (however slightly) stunted his growth. Conversely Kion having grown up eating meat could very well surpass Simba in size once He is full grown. Then if you factor in The Power of The Roar as it grows with Kion, it would be very believable that Kion could grow to the size of a Tiger in order to have a body cable of wielding the full power of The Roar.

That the opens the question of Vitani. I think she is likely done growing. I wounder that if She were to Master The Power of The Roar, as Kion has (and She should be able to). Will her Roar be at the same level of raw power as Kion's?

SimbasGuard

Postby KionScar » July 25th, 2020, 11:23 pm

I know this is about the mane and fictional lions aging roughly about like humans, but for a moment let's consider the fact that the mane color on real lions is an indicator of their health. If that comes into play here, then shouldn't Nuka's mane not be that dark of color?
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby SimbasGuard » July 26th, 2020, 1:13 am

No it should not. Nuka was designed to look the way the (is it the production designers who decide that) wanted him to look.

If nature was followed in that aspect of The Lion King. Then it would not just have been Zira that was "very close" to Scar.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on July 31st, 2020, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

Next

Return to The Lion Guard