TLG in future Lion King properties.

TLG in future Lion King properties.

Postby ValiantVitani » September 23rd, 2019, 4:28 pm

If Disney decides to make a new Lion King media, whether it be a movie (not including another remake) or TV series, do you think The Lion Guard will be mentioned in them and part of their canon? Or will it simply be forgotten going forward as an under-performing show and erased from TLK's world?
ValiantVitani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: TLG in future Lion King properties.

Postby Stormy » September 23rd, 2019, 10:12 pm

From what I know The Lion Guard was pretty successful with not just kids but much older audiences.. and also from my understanding many old sources have been updated to include Kion as Simba's son and such. I do believe that they will be included in some sort of way in their official canon at this time. Maybe if The Lion Guard only lasted a season or something I would say probably not, but I see Disney keeping it in the canon.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Ninclow » September 26th, 2019, 4:49 am

Well, we also do have the petition for a fourth season of the Lion Guard: http://chng.it/qxt44RwdnV.
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby zerodix » February 29th, 2020, 12:33 pm

I heard and read thar Disney has a new CEO, so maybe this will mean we get an answer if this new man decides to keep up the lion king universe.. since both Kiara and Kion are part of the tlk canon, they surely will appear in the future for sure!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » February 29th, 2020, 11:32 pm

I doubt any steps will be taken to remove or deny "The Lion Guard's" cannoicity. However with The Tree Of Life being so far away from The Pride Lands. I do Fear that Kion and everyone could be left out of any future "Lion King" projects. If anything Post Lion King 2 is done. I am sure Vitani's Lion Guard will be involved.

Disney does have a new CEO, but Bob Iger is still the Executive Manager. so he will still be making creative decisions. Whether that means the future of "The Lion Guard" is in his hands or CEO Bob Chapek's I do not know.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Ultra Fox » March 1st, 2020, 5:51 am

TLG is so dumb ugh
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Stormy » September 10th, 2020, 8:09 pm

going back to this I just thought about something I noticed. I’m a local to WDW, and I’ve never seen any Lion Guard merchandise, not even with just Kion.

Most of the merchandise for Lion King resides in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and the only characters I’ve seen is Simba, Nala, Timon, and Pumbaa with shirts, bags, plush, now masks, etc. No other character. Even at Disney’s Hollywood Studios they have a Disney JR thing there, no LG characters. But they have pretty much every other Jr character.

Odd, but somehow not surprising. But likely has nothing to do with canon, as there is no Kiara/Kovu merch there either. Those stuff reside online.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » September 25th, 2020, 3:48 pm

they have limited space for merch at disneyworld and a billion ip's. sarabi has barely any merch and sarafina has almost none. Nala is usually relegated to plushes and the occasional pin.

TLK merch is mainly cub simba and timon + pumbaa because I guess that's what sells the most.

so a lack of merch at disneyworld means little unless a movie was a flop like home on the range or the black cauldron.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » October 26th, 2020, 5:02 pm

In my brief pandemic-induced stint working in retail for most of the year, it seems [i]The Lion Guard[/i] is doing fine as far as merchandise is concerned, if by "fine" you just compare the number of orders I've seen for its stuff (mostly books and a CD of the first season's music) against other [i]Lion King[/i] related properties. Obviously this isn't a great metric, but it's what I can offer to anyone wondering.

I am curious to see if the newly announced follow-up to the 2019 film will go as far as to include any elements or references from the show. The first movie didn't have any unless you want to count two very minor things: 1) the specific inclusion of the bushbaby/galago (voiced by Chance the Rapper) living in the forest alongside Timon and Pumbaa (considering that galagos have only been seen in [i]The Lion Guard[/i] prior to this), and
2) the gorge was referred to as Embamba Canyon behind the scenes, even though it's not called such in the film.

I doubt they'll employ the guard in any fashion even though they might feature Kion and perhaps some of the core characters as just ancillary background friends.

This might be nothing of any substance, but I happened upon this recently posted on the main Lion Guard fanpage on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheLionGuardDisney/photos/a.1737862609859217/2673303052981830/
Supposedly there might be a continuation of the story, possibly as (rebranded) new series/property to be announced in January 2021. We'll have to wait and see about that. I don't have Disney+ but I'm aware there was a recent rebranding of The Lion Guard and other Disney Junior shows on the service, complete with new logos that just emphasized that they are specifically Disney Junior programs. I feel like that's actually what was being alluded to rather than an entirely new production.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » October 26th, 2020, 5:51 pm

i took a look at the logos of The Lion Guard and other Disney Jr shows and the logos seem to have a uniform Dis Jr branding.

but seeing as how The Lion King is getting a remake-quel, the remake being a bigger box office draw than Frozen 2 and star wars 9 i wouldn't be surprised if they do more for the franchise on the tv or Disney+ side of things. This might be their biggest non marvel non star wars franchise. There was the rumored Disney+ series with Billy Eichner and Seth Rogan returning as Timon and Pumbaa.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Return to The Lion Guard