[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - new episodes of tlg dropping on disneynow this monday — My Lion King Forum

new episodes of tlg dropping on disneynow this monday

Re: new episodes of tlg dropping on disneynow this monday

Postby Panpardus » September 9th, 2019, 1:57 am

Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 49

Postby Farren » September 9th, 2019, 6:03 pm

Farren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Socks
Pride Points: 6

Postby KnyazKion » September 9th, 2019, 6:58 pm

KnyazKion

Years of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby TTB-Kun » September 9th, 2019, 7:40 pm

TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » September 9th, 2019, 10:32 pm

wew

i mean

wew

captain america is my best friend and we both enjoy punching hitler together. It is the complete truth. I said it on the internet so it must be true.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 226

Postby Ninclow » September 10th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby Elton John » September 10th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Why isn’t representation important in The Lion Guard?

In the first movie, 6 of the voice actors were black and one was latino. Many of the singing voices provided were from black americans or Africans themselves. Sure, you had a lot of white actors, but for a big budget animated Hollywood movie this was a huge step above Aladdin which had mostly white actors playing Middle Eastern characters.

For animal characters its a bit different than humans. I would prefer all tlk characters to be voiced by black or african actors but im not going to get upset if they cast a few white people....

I mean representation comes in many forms. TLG having gay couples is no big deal as gay animals exist irl and its not like disney would put rough male on male lion sex in the show.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zerodix » September 11th, 2019, 10:38 am

well, we have a gay couple Timon and Pumbaa, with an adopted son Bunga.. Tiifu and Zuri didn't have male mates so ship them if u like.. the show is aimed at preschoolers, they aren't thinking about gender/orientation at this age. I liked seeing strong female characters, like Fuli, Rani and Jasiri.. 40 years ago, most female characters were helpless damsels in distress that had to be resqued by their strong princes..
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » September 11th, 2019, 2:39 pm

Timon and Pumbaa.... I dunno ... they could be gay but maybe not? Remember, TLK was released when two heterosexual men living together didn’t raise any eyebrows.

Its an older example but the movie ‘the odd couple’ was about two straight men living together. The movie became a TV series which recast the two leads and decades later the movie got a sequel which starred the original lead actors.

Then you have shows like perfect strangers and bosom buddies and while the two male leads in bb crossdressed it was played for laughs.

My point is that the people who wrote the firstmovie likely didnt intend on timon and pumbaa being seen as gay because two straight men living together at that time was a regular thing.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » September 11th, 2019, 5:33 pm

Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard