[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - new episodes of tlg dropping on disneynow this monday — My Lion King Forum

new episodes of tlg dropping on disneynow this monday

Re: new episodes of tlg dropping on disneynow this monday

Postby TTB-Kun » September 2nd, 2019, 7:27 pm

[quote="JackStover"]
Anyway, they should have had Tiifu and Zuri be members of Vitani's Lion Guard. Missed opportunity. They sort of just went missing and didn't show up again even though they were there when Kion left.[/quote]
i don't think those 2 can be fast brave strong or keenest of sight even in 1000 years XD
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » September 2nd, 2019, 7:32 pm

the tlk remake is canon to itself and not the traditionally animated stuff. just like how i’d see a remake sequel as canon to the first remake but not the original, tlk2, or the lion guard.

just like how i view the broadway show as canon to itself, but not the movies or tv series.

let me explain things in batman terms. the first two tim burton batman movies and joel schumacher batman movies are canon to each other

the christopher nolan batman movies are canon to themselves and no other DC movies

batman vs superman is canon to man of steel, suicide squad, wonder woman, justice league, aquaman, shazam, etc

you understand?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Aelwen » September 2nd, 2019, 9:03 pm

One more thing I noticed. There was not a single one LGBT character during all three seasons. Thats weird.
Last edited by Aelwen on September 2nd, 2019, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Elton John » September 2nd, 2019, 9:32 pm

disney doesn’t do that kinda thing yet. most of the time.

in the avengers endgame, there was a gay guy but he had an unimportant role at the start of the movie. not even a superhero. there have been, what, 22 movies in the mcu?

star wars, more specifically the ones created after the disney have no lgbt characters

no wdas characters are canonically lgbt. same with pixar or their other live studios

they aren’t making an lgbt character for a disney jr show....just yet anyway.

Remember, it took them till 2009 to have a black princess. Disney is slow on progress. They will get there eventually but.... its gonna take time.

and i will say it

homosexuality is a normal part of life. gay non-human animals do exist. gay lions exist. if you think kids, especially young kids shouldn’t be exposed to it.... i mean its not like they’d have two male lions mating onscreen in a preschool show. it would just be a romantic aspect, or not even any romance at all, and just treating them like heterosexual couples.

/realizes the can of worms i just opened OH MY
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » September 2nd, 2019, 10:50 pm

Last edited by Panpardus on September 2nd, 2019, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » September 2nd, 2019, 11:07 pm

I didn’t really see Fuli and Azzad as a romantic couple. In fact I don’t think someone like fuli would be interested in romance at all. Wouldn’t stop shippers anyway.

I agree that fuli would likely only mate to create babies, if she was real.

I guess Ono might be gay, or he might not. Same with Beshte. Vitani might be a lesbian, or she might not. Anga, Makini, Zazu, Rafiki, Timon, Pumbaa... all of them could either be gay or straight. The only thing about Timon that might point towards him being straight is a throwaway joke towards shenzi in tlk1.5

I do like how Kion eventually found a love interest. I will admit I am a sucker for the traditional disney love story, even if they might be flawed and unrealistic at times.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TTB-Kun » September 2nd, 2019, 11:26 pm

Kion and Rani are probably the most organic and believable couple i've ever seen portrayed in the lion King franchise, at least the ones we saw fall in love. Everyone loves Simba and Nala, and Kovu and Kiara, but you have to admit, Simba and Nala instantly fall in love when they met each other as adults, Kovu and Kiara fell in love after a day together, Kion and rani spent weeks, or probably a couple of months together. I probably think at this point they've become my favorite couple in the franchise. Cause even if didn't see it coming i still totally believed in them, the moment they started singing, and they're cute and they really complete each other, in a way similar on how Kovu and Kiara do, but with much more building towards it that makes it so much real for me.

Also, side note, both Kovu and Kion were referred simply as Future King, and King. It's seems there is no prince consort thing in the lion king, and the royal couple really rules together as equals. i like that.

about kion singing voice... i clearly think they changed the voice actor, it seems beu black to me
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » September 2nd, 2019, 11:36 pm

i think that if, in a future tlk animated series if tlg is treated as mostly canon i’d like to see more of kion/rani simba/nala and kovu/kiara as adult couples.

yeah, kion/rani kovu/kiara can have cubs and they can be important characters but i’d like the focus be on the adult lions.

in tlk 1 the big focus was on simba and while nala was the most important female character in the movie there were males who got a bigger focus. in tlk2 she is barely in it. in tlg she is barely in it as well.

while tlk2 has a focus on kiara we dont see much of kovu and kiara as a couple.

I guess this is what fan work is for but it would be nice to see in official media.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » September 3rd, 2019, 12:05 am

Personally I'd like the focus of any hypothetical future sequel program/movie (which I'm sure isn't happening) to give a pretty even amount of attention to all of the Pride Lands characters (so it wouldn't have Kion and Rani appearing much), with the main focus being on Kovu and Kiara's cubs. There's an intergenerational aspect of the Lion King franchise that I don't think the show really capitalized on much even though it introduced a lot of characters, at least with regards to living characters and extended families. I figure having a show focused on Kiara and Kovu's family would carry a lot of weight with regards to multicultural families and even an immigration motif with the Outsiders settling into life in the Pride Lands.

Another stray thought: Tiifu and Zuri were nowhere to be seen or mentioned, so there's two characters the writers realized they couldn't do anything with. (It would've been kinda funny if they were inside Pride Rock during Kion's demonstration, though.)
Last edited by Panpardus on September 3rd, 2019, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » September 3rd, 2019, 12:20 am

Tiifu was kind of an idea of a character in rotr. Then she devolved to zuri 2.0 for most of the series until that one episode where they gave her something to do besides being.... she was cute i guess but didnt have much of a personality.

And since they never gave the two parents, and the only adult male in the pride was simba....

Well, uh, you know.... male lions typically have more than one mate...

but because this is disney their dad probably died the same horrific offscreen death nalas father did. i mean disney does have a parent killing fetish. nick wilde has no dad in zootopia, and he lives under a bridge so maybe his mom is dead too.
Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard