new episodes of tlg dropping on disneynow this monday

Re: new episodes of tlg dropping on disneynow this monday

Postby Panpardus » September 3rd, 2019, 12:27 am

Speaking of missing parents, Sarabi was never addressed in this show and I'm genuinely surprised and somewhat disappointed.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Ninclow » September 3rd, 2019, 12:29 am

If Beau Black is who I think it is, (the guy who wrote the original version of Kion's Lament), then yeah, totally. The last couple of songs from Kion was NOT sung by Max Charles. I suspect he is at a stage of his voice change where his voice cracks up a lot. If not, they just made a REALLY bad call in trying to make Kion sound older.
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Elton John » September 3rd, 2019, 12:43 am

speaking of sarabi

if the reason why sarabi was retired from the franchise after the first movie was because because madge sinclair died of luekemia shortly after the release of the original, if they do a remake sequel will sarabi still be in it or not if alfre woodward doesn’t suffer from some sort of tragic death?

I wonder why no fan of the franchise has tried to ask why Sarabi has been so...ignored...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » September 3rd, 2019, 1:22 am

I honestly think they just forget about her since she never really played an active role in the original movie anyway. The 2019 film is where she gets the most attention and speaking lines out of any Lion King project anyway, and even then that's mostly because of the actions of another character as opposed to her actually doing something.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » September 3rd, 2019, 2:02 am

i guess so

they practically forgot about nala after the first movie when she’s one of the most popular characters in the franchise and definitely the most popular female character.

Sarabi is only popular among fans. Like, people who have seen the movie many many times. I constantly see her referred to as Simbas mom when she has a name that is mentioned in the movie several times.

And its mainly hardcore fans that know who Sarafina is because she has one line in the original and is only named in the credits.

Then you go deep in the rabbit hole of truly hardcore fans that can not only name every character in the entire franchise, their voice actors in multiple languages, other things those voice actors are famous for, and make super obscure jokes about that trivia no one else would understand.

Disney should probably give fans that obsessed lifetime disneyworld passes or something.

oh and another thing i noticed. in a battle in one of the episodes you see a fair bit of blood during a fight. most theatrical disney animated features dont have bloody battles. this is a disney jr show. imagine seeing a bloody wreck on mickey and the roadster racers. you wouldn’t.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby crossroad » September 3rd, 2019, 3:09 am

The latter part of the season 3 was somewhat lackluster compared to prior season 3 episodes. there were plenty of plot holes other than kion's character developement and the last episode was so jumpy that I still can't understand why characters acted so.
crossroad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby zerodix » September 3rd, 2019, 8:43 am

I am taking it slow, watched 4 episodes during my day off yesterday.. untill now I won't five too many spoilers away, to give others the time to finish watching season 3 in their own pace.. all I can say is, amazing season and such improvement (especially after season 2) this show is using more of it's potential now.. Time for me to watch the final episodes today and tomorrow..
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Aelwen » September 3rd, 2019, 12:16 pm

1. I wonder why Pridelands lions just roar during their coronation but Rani didn't.
2. I wish Simba or nala daidsmth about Kion marying Rani, they just accepted it...
3. I wish Kion and Kovu talk a bit.
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

Postby crossroad » September 3rd, 2019, 1:38 pm

Very disappointing season finale. mostly because of Vitani's lionesses gang which those not deserves the name lion guard.
crossroad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby TTB-Kun » September 4th, 2019, 4:08 pm

now that the lion guard is over we won't have new lion king canon lore for years and years, how can i live? D: i don't wanna go back making my headcanons, it was a dark time! I need the real Canon T.T
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard