new episodes of tlg dropping on disneynow this monday

Re: new episodes of tlg dropping on disneynow this monday

Postby PridelandsPhantom » September 5th, 2019, 6:56 pm

No, I don't expect anything that drastic, but they did just introduce Rani. We can't really claim, "Oh Disney is following real lions" because well real lions don't do hardly anything that anthro lions do except maybe drink water and run. There's nothing wrong with being invested in a show, I have always been highly invested in the lion king. If they wanted a love interest for Kion that was strictly a lion please don't throw around Fuli hints like throwing stars. Tifi and Zuri were shown as Kiara's friends, if you wanted to stick to that then well, you could have gone that route. Rani needed more time she was literally just thrown in there, in my personal opinion.

I don't consider Simba and Nala as too fast since they actually did know each other as cubs. Yes, it would be nice if there had a been a bit more time, but hey it's one movie, at least they had some background. It would have been nice even to see Kion with Vitani, but I knew that would be far-fetched. I am a heavy Lion King fan and tend to take my ships and shows seriously. I usually stay away from ships which are so out there that there is no snowball chance in the Arizona desert (such as most Harry Potter ships). However, Fuli and Kion was not a snowball ship. They were friends, he trusted her, she trusted him there was even dare I say it , flirty moments? I see nothing wrong with cross-species shipping, although the nice thing might have been leaving Kion mateless so fans can fill in the blank. Why leave poor Vitani in the cold anyway?
Last edited by PridelandsPhantom on September 6th, 2019, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby TTB-Kun » September 6th, 2019, 1:51 pm

if you really think the relationship beetween kion and rani is rushed and out of nowhere you've just watched the wrong show probably or you're totally blinded by the roaring fire of your crackship turning into ash, one of the two, no other explanations
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby zerodix » September 6th, 2019, 2:57 pm

I think the story arc of Kion and Rani is like most real human relationships, first you meet a stranger who disgusts you and you attack that person (mostly verbally instead of physically) and after some time, you have to work together on a project (protecting the tree of life) and then choose to stay truth to one and other.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby PridelandsPhantom » September 6th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Well, I will agree to disagree. I like Rani as an individual character and I like Kion as well. Just not my cup of tea. I would like to extend my apologies to those I offended for my getting a little hot under the collar. I am a devoted fan and shipping tends to be one of those things that I really enjoy. Most of my ships have worked, but I have been wrong. In the case of Digimon wrong in all but one case, but I digress! So, hopefully you will all forgive me for my rashness and raw emotions? I did enjoy a lot about the season including the development of the characters (my cable was weird and had them out of order). I don't want to spoil too much since not everyone has seen the episodes yet, but I do enjoy many of the characters in the night pride and I like their call quite a bit as it contrasts nicely with the guard. I like seeing the guard mature and make some mistakes as well including Kion using the roar in anger.
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KionIsGay » September 7th, 2019, 6:40 pm

[quote="Ninclow"]Then who do you think Kion should have ended up with? I mean - saying you want representation is just - pardon me - silly. The Lion Guard is not the right place to promote diversity. Do you know what show was really close at making a diverse character, but didn't? Fuller House, on Netflix. I mean, they really went out of their way to avoid getting it right. Why would you expect a show with such a young target audience as The Lion Guard to give you representation? What would you have them do, marry Kion and Bunga or something?[/quote]

What even is your argument here? I don't know or care about Full House, that's not what we're talking about. You ask why I would expect this show to give representation, I would ask you why shouldn't I? What makes this show immune to such expectations? And don't you dare say it's because it's on Disney Junior, queer relationships are no more "adult" than straight ones.
KionIsGay

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby KnyazKion » September 8th, 2019, 11:01 am

[quote="KionIsGay"][quote="Ninclow"]Then who do you think Kion should have ended up with? I mean - saying you want representation is just - pardon me - silly. The Lion Guard is not the right place to promote diversity. Do you know what show was really close at making a diverse character, but didn't? Fuller House, on Netflix. I mean, they really went out of their way to avoid getting it right. Why would you expect a show with such a young target audience as The Lion Guard to give you representation? What would you have them do, marry Kion and Bunga or something?[/quote]

What even is your argument here? I don't know or care about Full House, that's not what we're talking about. You ask why I would expect this show to give representation, I would ask you why shouldn't I? What makes this show immune to such expectations? And don't you dare say it's because it's on Disney Junior, queer relationships are no more "adult" than straight ones.[/quote]
This is a feminist fiction of the late 20th century. In nature there are no gays, lesbians, queer and etc. Because they hate men, so they try to destroy the normal family.
KnyazKion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Farren » September 8th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Figured I'd share my thoughts on this for anyone who cares. While I have never been a very big fan of "The Lion Guard" I feel it got considerably better in season three. The animation definitely improved, the story was interesting enough and there was some good character development. Nice to see them all aged up a bit, too. I think part of the reason I enjoyed this last season more was that, for the most part, it felt kind of disconnected from the actual "Lion King" universe. To view it as it's own thing: a young lion with magical powers and his group of friends on a quest to find the Tree of Life... well, it ain't too bad. But overall I still have trouble seeing it work with the canon LK world. It's way too over-the-top to be believable for me -- and why on earth did Kion do what he did to Pride Rock?? That was just kinda... dumb.

I really didn't like what they did to Scar in this show and was extremely happy to leave that plot behind. Also, I do not buy the "Scar got his scar from a snake bite and the venom made him eviiiil!" theory for a second. Nope. Even the water buffalo story from TLK6NA makes more sense than that -- and that never made any sense either. I still think Mufasa did it. Fight me. Anyways! All the different biomes existing together around the Tree of Life really made no sense... penguins and hippos, oh my! But you know what? It kinda reminded me of how I used to "role play" with my toys when I was a kid. The crossovers in my childhood games were insane. So, eh. I can forgive that -- and again, when I view TLG as it's own thing: a cartoon about animals and magic, I find it to be more enjoyable.

Rani and the Night Pride were interesting. Best new character in my opinion was Azaad, cheetahs are my favorite big cat and he actually looks more like one than Fuli does. Plus, speaking in third person is always fun. I also love that Janja got a redemption arc, that was pretty cool. I'm a sucker for bad guys switching sides or showing "shades of gray", so to speak. All the shipping stuff... eh. Not my thing, but whatever. Kion and Rani's song was actually really good, I will say that! Vitani and her new Lion Guard... I wanna love it because Vitani is my favorite character from Simba's Pride, but now she has a super-powered magical roar and as I've already explained I'm still uncomfortable with the whole "Lion King meets Avengers" thing, haha. But it is what it is. The attempt to tie up loose ends with the sequel wasn't bad. It was nice to see Kovu again, even if Kiara looked too young in comparison. I know it's just this show's style. I was sad they didn't say anything about Nuka at the end though. I always felt so sorry for him; it would've been nice to have Kovu and Vitani at least mention their brother. That poor derp. :nukasad:
Farren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Socks
Pride Points: 6

Postby PridelandsPhantom » September 8th, 2019, 5:13 pm

On a side note I adore the tigers from the Tree of life. Can anyone make an avatar or banner for me?
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Postby Farren » September 8th, 2019, 6:57 pm

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]On a side note I adore the tigers from the Tree of life. Can anyone make an avatar or banner for me?[/quote]

Hey, why not. Image Image

Hope these are okay. I couldn't decide which expression I liked better so here, have two. They should be the correct size. :simbahuh:
Farren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Socks
Pride Points: 6

Postby PridelandsPhantom » September 8th, 2019, 7:09 pm

Thanks Farren, those are awesome!
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard