Season 3 discussion topic.

Season 3 discussion topic.

Postby Elton John » August 3rd, 2019, 4:00 pm

Spoiler tag stuff, yo.

On first impression I am really enjoying this season so far. Watched the premiere, two regular eps, and partway into the next episode.

I think the season opener is by far the best of the three. The musical numbers on average have been pretty good and the writing and animation is a step above last season, and there have been quite a few intriguing turn of events.

I do like how Kion

Spoiler: show
defeated scar. it felt kinda ghibli-esque and made more sense than using senseless violence

but I do have some concerns about some of the episodes even though i am enjoying them....

And then suddenly the guard is in Japan? The snow monkeys have Japanese sounding accents, Japanese sounding music is played. One of the snow monkeys says Arigato. There are hot Springs. There are flying Squirrels. How the heck did they get to Japan? In the next ep we see Red Pandas and Bamboo and.... what?

season is off to a strong start even with these odd concerns.

it also seems that

makucha is building up a team to take down the lion guard, glad that snow leopard wasnt a one off villain.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Season 3 discussion topic.

Postby ValiantVitani » August 3rd, 2019, 5:29 pm

I have only watched the premiere so far, and quite enjoyed it. The songs weren't very impressive (I ended up skipping pretty much all of the first one). Scar seemed smarter here than he really ever has been in TLG, at least in my opinion. I'm surprised they actually did what they did with one of the characters, considering the network.

However, I do have a couple complaints with it. Firstly,

Janja's redemption felt really abrupt. If this had happened right after The Hyena Resistance, that would be fine, but it didn't. Even after Jasiri saved him, he continued to work for Scar for the rest of the season and never really showed any reticence at all. But as soon as we join him in this episode, he is already completely in two minds about things. It is rather jarring, but the fact that he didn't actually switch sides until Scar actually wronged him first makes it more reasonable.

The only other issue I had was with, and this one is very nitpicky,

Reirei. Specifically, I didn't like that they had her involve Dogo, Kijana, and the other young pups in the fighting and put them even slightly in harm's way. I had kind of hoped and wanted to believe that she and Goigoi were deliberately keeping the young ones away from danger, since only adult jackals had been accompanying them on missions for Scar. And both she and Goigoi had seemed to genuinely care for their pups, so the fact that they would involve them in what they would have expected to be the most extreme of the fights was disappointing.
ValiantVitani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby TTB-Kun » August 3rd, 2019, 7:06 pm

seen the first two episode, the premise are very good, they gave us a good backstory for scar (even explaning the reason for it's evil acts) a reason to the absence of kion in tlk2, and a new mission that's intriguing, i'm very looking forward to see the whole season, if we get a finale that ties up with the ending of tlk2 then is gonna be perfect.
It was a thing i never dreamed they would do, but at this point it only sems like the most logical conclusion for the series and i can't wait!
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby Hatari05 » August 3rd, 2019, 7:40 pm

This premiere was awesome it cranked everything up to eleven and it's completely and utterly changed everything regarding Scar as a character as he said a few lines that put all of his actions in a different context. I was very pleased great premiere almost felt like a series finale at times.
Last edited by Hatari05 on August 3rd, 2019, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Elton John » August 3rd, 2019, 7:54 pm

i just watched the dragon island ep

kion is now moses

and pink flipper is in the episode!!!!
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JackStover » August 3rd, 2019, 8:07 pm

Is episode eight anywhere? Because it seems like they really did skip it and it's not just misnumbered. They were heading to a tree on top of a cliff at the end of episode seven, and in episode nine, they're going through a desert. For such a continuity heavy season, it seems absurd that they would skip an episode.
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Postby TTB-Kun » August 3rd, 2019, 8:26 pm

[quote="JackStover"]Is episode eight anywhere? Because it seems like they really did skip it and it's not just misnumbered. They were heading to a tree on top of a cliff at the end of episode seven, and in episode nine, they're going through a desert. For such a continuity heavy season, it seems absurd that they would skip an episode.[/quote]
it will probably be aired on tv regurally
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » August 4th, 2019, 1:25 am

i was hoping to see

rani. because kion needs his waifu. because waifu is for laifu.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby zerodix » August 4th, 2019, 4:46 pm

Still no rani..
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » August 5th, 2019, 3:21 am

The premier was great. I had given my thoughts t on all the points I liked, then forgot to copy my response before I tried to post it. only to find I had been logged out and my post was lost :sad:

Not having the heart to retype all I had to say. I'll just say the way "Battle For The Pride Lands" Dealt with what Season 2 had not and set up Season 3 was just brilliant.

Things I just have to mention liking:

The songs were Great

Simba does know Jasiri (called it)

Scar is a nickname

Glimpse of Scar's Lion Guard

Janja's Redemption

They killed off Ushari :-o That took...Gourds

Anga actually joined The Guard

Jasiri Queen Of The Outlands

Jasiri and Janja on the way to being an official couple.

Simba basically placed Fuli in charge of Kion's well being (Yes I probably am reading too much into it).
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Next

Return to The Lion Guard