Canon scar getting his... scar

Re: Canon scar getting his... scar

Postby TTB-Kun » August 1st, 2019, 6:38 pm

[quote="KnyazKion"]I think this new lion is Nala's father.[/quote]
Stupidest theory i’ve heard
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby ValiantVitani » August 1st, 2019, 8:21 pm

[quote="TTB-Kun"][quote="KnyazKion"]I think this new lion is Nala's father.[/quote]
Stupidest theory i’ve heard[/quote]
That seems a bit harsh. Besides, what if the show proves them right?
ValiantVitani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby TTB-Kun » August 1st, 2019, 8:49 pm

[quote="ValiantVitani"][quote="TTB-Kun"][quote="KnyazKion"]I think this new lion is Nala's father.[/quote]
Stupidest theory i’ve heard[/quote]
That seems a bit harsh. Besides, what if the show proves them right?[/quote]
we aleready saw nala's father as a painting, it does not looks like that at all, and it doesn't makes sense that he is evil
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby zerodix » August 1st, 2019, 11:15 pm

I agree, Nala has zero outlander traits and this lion looks more related to Zira, but I keep an open mind till I see the show. Maybe we will see more of Scar and "evil random lion" then..
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » August 3rd, 2019, 7:32 am

While I very much doubt that The Unknown Lion is Nala's Father. (Sarafina would be considerably younger than him, a Young Teen to his Adult). I wonder if we might see Nala's Father in this episode?
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » August 3rd, 2019, 11:00 am

So...
Spoiler: show
there's no explanation of who this mystery lion was, which may or may not be explained down the road.
"Battle for the Pridelands" simultaneously had so many final episode-type callbacks while also planting plenty of seeds for future explanation and plot threads for the rest of the season that I'm actually starting to trust that the writers knew what they were doing when they penned this, so we'll see if this is something they come back to.

I can't help but find myself replaying "When I Led the Guard", because it's actually a good musical number in that there's so much that you have to read into there in order to flesh out Scar's telling of his descent into madness.
(And again, will probably be further explained through Kion's new journey in this season.)
There's also a really nice visual moment that I won't spoil.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby ValiantVitani » August 3rd, 2019, 12:19 pm

[quote="Panpardus"]So...
there's no explanation of who this mystery lion was, which may or may not be explained down the road.
"Battle for the Pridelands" simultaneously had so many final episode-type callbacks while also planting plenty of seeds for future explanation and plot threads for the rest of the season that I'm actually starting to trust that the writers knew what they were doing when they penned this, so we'll see if this is something they come back to.

I can't help but find myself replaying "When I Led the Guard", because it's actually a good musical number in that there's so much that you have to read into there in order to flesh out Scar's telling of his descent into madness.
(And again, will probably be further explained through Kion's new journey in this season.)
There's also a really nice visual moment that I won't spoil.[/quote]

How have you seen the episode already? Disney doesn't even air it for a couple more hours yet.
ValiantVitani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Hatari05 » August 3rd, 2019, 1:16 pm

[quote="Panpardus"]So...

There's also a really nice visual moment that I won't spoil.[/quote]

What is that visual cue I have already watched it so could you pm what it is to me, I would like to watch it again with that cue in mind.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Panpardus » August 3rd, 2019, 6:43 pm

[quote="Hatari05"]
What is that visual cue I have already watched it so could you pm what it is to me, I would like to watch it again with that cue in mind.[/quote]
I can't access my pms on here, but it's the bit where the show
fades to black on Scar's face so that you just see how eyes and scar.
I don't think it has much story significance in itself, I just thought it was a cool visual.

[quote="ValiantVitani"]
How have you seen the episode already? Disney doesn't even air it for a couple more hours yet.[/quote]
Netlify (the link is posted in one of the above comments) posts episodes early in the morning before episodes air on TV.
Last edited by Panpardus on August 5th, 2019, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » August 4th, 2019, 4:09 am

I don't think The Unknown Lion taking Scar to the same place Zira took Kion in "Lions of the Outlands" is just a coincidence. I think more will be explains some how, if only through a callback or passing reference.

Scar is just Scar's nickname. another 1/2 question answered.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard