Canon scar getting his... scar

Canon scar getting his... scar

Postby TTB-Kun » July 30th, 2019, 7:06 pm

What sound years and years of fanfictions crushed by the weight of the canon make?
Apparently the sound of a lion guard song
https://youtu.be/hz6SYRAtqa4
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Re: Canon scar getting his... scar

Postby Panpardus » July 30th, 2019, 7:37 pm

Okay; a little underwhelmed by the actual getting the scar, but intrigued nonetheless. Does this mean they're going to reveal Scar's real name? Surely his being called "Scar" can't be a coincidence given the events laid out here.

I mostly want to know who this other lion is; Zira's father perhaps? Could explain a lot of things about their relationship.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Heleigh » July 30th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Well, in principle sure what Disney creates is a canon of course. This pushes the "Tale of two brothers" book clearly aside I guess since it's a fan work. And as well as that Scar's original name is Taka or that he got his scar in the buffalo accident. But will everyone accept this since some people don't consider TLG as canon? Interesting.
Heleigh
In your reflection

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Simba_Lion » July 30th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Interesting. And probably that lion is Zira’s father who absolutely reminds me of Kuzimu (DJ88′s OC, deviantart). But am I the only one who agrees with AudreyCosmo13's books (Missing Pieces, deviantart) for this background story? I am curious what they want with this. Let’s see.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby Hatari05 » July 30th, 2019, 8:40 pm

Everything Lion Guard reveals about Scar counteracts every single fan theory no one expected how he got his Scar to be this because it implies a completely backstory than they always envisioned. Even the remake gave Scar a backstory that fans theorized for years. Lion Guard is not doing this every bit of information only counteracts another fan theory, with this reveal every theory fans had about Scar is gone they're in the dark now with no real idea of where this is going to go.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby TLK_Kid » July 30th, 2019, 10:10 pm

...So first we thought it came from a buffalo, (not canon I know but what else did we have), which made basically no sense in my mind...and now they tell us it came from a snake?

Either Disney's never seen the affect of a real snake bite, or they're just trying really hard to convince us Ahadi or Mufasa had nothing to do with it. :P

Not really a fan of the explanation, but I am intrigued by this (presumably) Outlander lion. My first thought was that it had to be Kovu's father, which was pretty exciting, but he does bear a strong resemblance to Zira which has me thinking my first guess was wrong and he's more likely her father instead.
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby ValiantVitani » July 30th, 2019, 10:35 pm

I don't know, it seems like a weak explanation to me, but that other lion is intriguing, especially because of his similar color scheme to another notable lion. I have to say that I prefer the implied reason for his scar from the remake more than this. Especially because I don't really see how a snake bite leaves a mark like that.
ValiantVitani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby TheLionPrince » July 30th, 2019, 11:30 pm

That's so anticlimatic. I prefer the theory that his father or Mufasa gave him that scar. I mean, The Lion King II goes out of its way to explain that a facial wound like Scar's comes from a lion's claw. That said, it stands to be explained what Scar's birth name actually was.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Panpardus » July 31st, 2019, 12:19 am

Well Zira hit Kovu sideways across his face with multiple claws; the resultant scar from that actually makes no logistical sense.

I think the whole point of telling the story of the scar here isn't to emphasize the how that mark got there but rather how the Scar we know from the original film came to be. I'm going to assume that it's an initiation ritual into some sort of 'dark side' since this other lion has said mark as well and Scar's spirit leaves behind a scarred eye mark (as well as other evil lions of the past as implied by Rafiki at various points throughout Season 2).
Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Postby Hatari05 » July 31st, 2019, 1:11 am

Also the first of these evil lions were a group of lions from the outlands that the original lion Guard fought not only did they fight them but it was what the guard was founded to do, their very existence was created to fight what these lions represent.
Last edited by Hatari05 on July 31st, 2019, 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Next

Return to The Lion Guard