Canon scar getting his... scar

Re: Canon scar getting his... scar

Postby yukidogzombie » July 31st, 2019, 1:20 am

I think the mysterious lion is Rani's dad
yukidogzombie

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): yuki
Pride Points: 1

Postby DGFone » July 31st, 2019, 2:04 am

Considering the target audience, I doubt Disney intended the reference, but imagine if Scar telling the story "have I ever told you how I got this scar..." is like the Joker in The Dark Night - as in, he changes the story completely every time based on how he feels like telling it.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheLionPrince » July 31st, 2019, 5:59 am

[quote="Panpardus"]Well Zira hit Kovu sideways across his face with multiple claws; the resultant scar from that actually makes no logistical sense.

I think the whole point of telling the story of the scar here isn't to emphasize the how that mark got there but rather how the Scar we know from the original film came to be. I'm going to assume that it's an initiation ritual into some sort of 'dark side' since this other lion has said mark as well and Scar's spirit leaves behind a scarred eye mark (as well as other evil lions of the past as implied by Rafiki at various points throughout Season 2).[/quote]

I've seen that criticism before that Zira slashes Kovu sideways across the face, but his scar comes out vertical. I did a screenshot of the exact moment in which at a certain angle, it was possible for Kovu's scar to make sense.

zirascratcheskovu.png

Also, a bite from a cobra is venomous and would likely cause swelling and infection if not properly treated. Since these lions don't have access to health care, it sounds like a lame explanation. Getting a scar from another lion in a fight would have been a better alternative.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » July 31st, 2019, 5:17 pm

I personally prefer a canon explanation to any Fan Theory.

[quote="Panpardus"]I mostly want to know who this other lion is; Zira's father perhaps? Could explain a lot of things about their relationship.[/quote]

Wow! I had not thought of that. To quote Zira:

[quote="Zira"] What an Idea![/quote]

By the way I'm quoting the 2nt time she sad that line 8-)

A couple of other things I noticed about the Unknown Lion is that he has a dark blaze on his forehead like the one Zira has in "Lion King 2" and the cave Scar and he were at is the same one Zira led Kion to in "Lions of The Outlands"

[quote="Heleigh"]Well, in principle sure what Disney creates is a canon of course. This pushes the "Tale of two brothers" book clearly aside I guess since it's a fan work. And as well as that Scar's original name is Taka or that he got his scar in the buffalo accident. But will everyone accept this since some people don't consider TLG as canon?[/quote]

Well there will always be people that reject the canoicity of story elements that they do not like, but "The Lion Guard" is an official Disney product, and they have made every effort to tie it into existing "Lion King" canon. Yes the very existence of "The Lion Guard" is a retcon, but that does not make "The Lion Guard" non-canon.

[quote="Hatari05"]Also the first of these evil lions were a group of lions from the outlands that the original lion Guard fought not only did they fight them but it was what the guard was founded to do, their very existence was created to fight what these lions represent.[/quote]

I don't remember The Evil Lions The Original Lion Guard fought being from The Outlands. Did I miss something?

[quote="yukidogzombie"]I think the mysterious lion is Rani's dad[/quote]

I think Rani would probably be a lot older than Kion if that were the case.

[quote="DGFone"]Considering the target audience, I doubt Disney intended the reference, but imagine if Scar telling the story "have I ever told you how I got this scar..." is like the Joker in The Dark Night - as in, he changes the story completely every time based on how he feels like telling it.[/quote]

I guess that could be possible. They did reference Raiders of the Lost Ark and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in "Cave of Secrets."

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Also, a bite from a cobra is venomous and would likely cause swelling and infection if not properly treated. Since these lions don't have access to health care, it sounds like a lame explanation.[/quote]

I was wondering how Scar avoided poisoning myself, but perhaps he went to Rafiki for treatment. (Assuming Rafiki was Shaman at the time).

Given Scar's story I am now wondering if Ushari will be the one to give Kion his scar?
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Hatari05 » July 31st, 2019, 9:24 pm

[quote] I don't remember The Evil Lions The Original Lion Guard fought being from The Outlands. Did I miss something?[/quote]

I do not believe it's explicitly stated but considering the whole conflict of the show is the pride lands vs the outlands there really aren't many other options especially since the whole pride lands vs the outlands conflict continues into Simba's Pride which is the finale of the franchise.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » July 31st, 2019, 9:46 pm

[quote="Hatari05"]I do not believe it's explicitly stated but considering the whole conflict of the show is the pride lands vs the outlands there really aren't many other options especially since the whole pride lands vs the outlands conflict continues into Simba's Pride which is the finale of the franchise.[/quote]

That does make sense, and it also appears that The Unknown Lion is an Outlander.

SimbasGuard

Postby Hatari05 » July 31st, 2019, 10:39 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="Hatari05"]I do not believe it's explicitly stated but considering the whole conflict of the show is the pride lands vs the outlands there really aren't many other options especially since the whole pride lands vs the outlands conflict continues into Simba's Pride which is the finale of the franchise.[/quote]

That does make sense, and it also appears that The Unknown Lion is an Outlander.[/quote]

Scar's story was honestly the last piece I needed Cave of secrets basically gave me the rest. Look closer at the episode and as you do you will eventually ask yourself a question and once you do everything regarding how the whole franchise ties together will fall into place.

The truth of this show and by extension the answer to all of our questions are hidden in the episode Cave of secrets.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » July 31st, 2019, 10:44 pm

[quote="Hatari05"]The truth of this show and by extension the answer to all of our questions is hidden in the episode Cave of secrets.[/quote]

That sounds like a good idea, and it will give me something to watch with dinner. 8-)

SimbasGuard

Postby zerodix » July 31st, 2019, 11:49 pm

What I think that will happen: Scar asks Ushari the cobra to do to Kion what was done to him, with that scar, in order to make Kion evil too. Based on the How I got My Scar song and the season preview. My theory..
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby KnyazKion » August 1st, 2019, 10:34 am

I think this new lion is Nala's father.
KnyazKion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard