The Lion Guard Season 3 Opener - Battle for the pridelands,

The Lion Guard Season 3 Opener - Battle for the pridelands,

Postby Elton John » July 15th, 2019, 9:49 pm

August third according to the lion guard wiki

hope its true!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: The Lion Guard Season 3 Opener - Battle for the pridelan

Postby Hatari05 » July 15th, 2019, 10:33 pm

This seems to confirm what I suspected the 3rd season is going to be structured very weirdly the premiere will likely feel like a finale and feature the final battle against Scar and his army, the rest of the season will then be about what happens next now that the war is over? The Pride Lands are different now Kion militarized them for the war against Scar, he formed this huge alliance that absolutely dwarfs the guard and built a pride lands army. The kingdom is not the same anymore and it's unlikely the guard will be able to just go back to how things were before, the kingdom is still damaged from all the fires and destruction and won't grow back for some time, defeating Scar will end the war but it won't undo the damage it did, the pride lands have been irreversibly changed.

We know there's a time skip as Kion looks older so I'm guessing battle for the Pride Lands takes place right after season 2 the rest of the season will likely be a time skip showing the war with Scar had long lasting consequences.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Elton John » July 16th, 2019, 12:14 am

according to the disney tv animation twitter account this is correct :D
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby zerodix » July 16th, 2019, 9:48 am

it is a double lenght episode! i hope no more long hiatuses and i hope Rani joins their army
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » July 27th, 2019, 11:19 pm

Season 3 sounds like it is setting up to be the best so far. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 28th, 2019, 6:09 pm

Isnt older Kion starting to look more like Mufasa then cub Simba now?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » July 28th, 2019, 8:53 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Isnt older Kion starting to look more like Mufasa then cub Simba now?[/quote]

Hard to say, Adult Simba and Mufasa looks so much alike, I have always assumed that Kion would grow up to resemble Adult Simba.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TTB-Kun » July 30th, 2019, 10:30 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Isnt older Kion starting to look more like Mufasa then cub Simba now?[/quote]
Kion ALWAYS looked more like mufass than simba, not a new thing
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby zerodix » August 5th, 2019, 10:08 am

I saw it last saturday afternoon... what a great start of the new season! The story really developed, and visually it was a feast to look at. If you haven't seen it yet, stop reading my post to avoid spoilers :)

I love the confusion Janja had when he sang about Jasiri, I never expected a duet between them to turn out this awesome
I am sure going to rewatch the song clip of them.
The "evil lion" that lured Scar into getting his Scar was amazingly designed, it will be the inspiration for some new fan material for sure! I missed Rani in this episode, hope to see her appear soon, since I couldn't stop myself from binging all online episodes XD
It was nice to see how full of love the Pridelanders were towards the Lion Guard when they left the Pride Lands. Even Tiifu and Zuri showed up in the end, in silence, but they had a few seconds of screen time.
I am glad that the whole "Scars army" thing is over now, season 2 nearly killed us with the amount of dull reptiles and now lets see a lot of intesting stuff in s3 :D
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby ValiantVitani » August 5th, 2019, 2:49 pm

To me, this was the best episode/special of the show by far.

Scar was more like him old self than he's ever been, being able to demonstrate his intelligence, even to the point that he was able to build a multi-step plan that he wanted to fail to serve his ultimate goals while still having them seem legitimate to his enemies so that they fought them in the ways he wanted. He was even fully capable of getting his followers (aside from Ushari, who was part of the plan he actually wanted to work) to believe in the inevitable success of a plan he did not want them to succeed in, even despite their near-absolute failures in what they had previously done at his whim. Also, RIP Ushari, I don't think many would have had him pegged as the show's first death if it ever even showed one.

As for the good, and newly good, guys. Going on the offensive seemed like somewhat of a bizarre choice from Simba; I genuinely did not expect the Pride Landers to be the instigators of the final fight of the story arc. Speaking of Simba, I was really disappointed that they completely ignored the potential of his meeting Jasiri and instead had him just know about her completely out of the blue with no conflict whatsoever, this was one of the few disappointments for me. As for Janja, I'm glad he switched sides, and it is great that the hyena clans have merged under a female leader again as they should be.

A few smaller points now. Firstly, the music still isn't that good. I really wish they would focus on quality over quantity with them. Not every episode needs a song, and no episode that isn't actually musically-driven needs four of them like this had. Secondly, Reirei disappointed me by putting her pups in harm's way and involving them in the final fight; she had kept her little ones completely away from Scar's mechanizations until now; why, in the name of all that is good and proper, did she decide that the final and presumably ultimate battle was the right time to bring her pups to the battlefield?! Bad mothering, Reirei!
ValiantVitani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to The Lion Guard