the zebra mastermind

the zebra mastermind

Postby Elton John » September 5th, 2018, 8:51 am

this episode can be summed up with one word

meh

it’s not completely terrible but it’s filler, and not even amusing filler like yesterdays episode.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: the zebra mastermind

Postby Panpardus » September 5th, 2018, 12:56 pm

I actually thought it was fairly amusing, as much as I don't like the Mr. Ed zebra. (Yesterday's episode was rather boring to me.) Still definitely filler, and they did that thing again where interesting stuff with Scar is mentioned but we never get to see what he's doing, though hopefully it's related to something in a future episode.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby JackStover » September 5th, 2018, 4:59 pm

I always found it odd how these secondary villains are considered stupid, but the main villains are just as stupid. Janja isn't smart. He thinks he is. But he isn't smart. Why Scar constantly trusts him as one of his commanders is beyond me at this point. It's still not clear why so many hyenas even follow Janja and listen to his commands. None of the episodes have touched on that. Why is he so important to them?
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 6th, 2018, 2:11 am

God that Zebra, taking him out would do there heard some good, How many more stupid leaders do i have to be reminded about? How did that Zebra even become leader of that heard??, like REALLY DISNEY YOU THINK THE YOUNGINS THINK THIS STUPIDITY NONSENSE IS FUNNY! PATHETIC!
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Panpardus » September 6th, 2018, 2:47 am

[quote="JackStover"]I always found it odd how these secondary villains are considered stupid, but the main villains are just as stupid. Janja isn't smart. He thinks he is. But he isn't smart. Why Scar constantly trusts him as one of his commanders is beyond me at this point. It's still not clear why so many hyenas even follow Janja and listen to his commands. None of the episodes have touched on that. Why is he so important to them?[/quote]

I've always assumed Janja is the son of the clan matriarch or at least his mother was a higher-ranking individual than the parents of the others in his bachelor group, hence why they default to him. (Granted, there was that episode where two of the hyenas actually tried to usurp and kill him; that was actually an episode I liked a lot, so it's unfortunate that it didn't have any lasting implications. I'd like to know why he let them back into the group in the first place.) As for the others, Reirei and Kiburi are both fairly competent, but they're villains so of course they'll lose in the end.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hatari05 » September 6th, 2018, 5:06 am

[quote="Panpardus"][quote="JackStover"]I always found it odd how these secondary villains are considered stupid, but the main villains are just as stupid. Janja isn't smart. He thinks he is. But he isn't smart. Why Scar constantly trusts him as one of his commanders is beyond me at this point. It's still not clear why so many hyenas even follow Janja and listen to his commands. None of the episodes have touched on that. Why is he so important to them?[/quote]

I've always assumed Janja is the son of the clan matriarch or at least his mother was a higher-ranking individual than the parents of the others in his bachelor group, hence why they default to him. (Granted, there was that episode where two of the hyenas actually tried to usurp and kill him; that was actually an episode I liked a lot, so it's unfortunate that it didn't have any lasting implications. I'd like to know why he let them back into the group in the first place.) As for the others, Reirei and Kiburi are both fairly competent, but they're villains so of course they'll lose in the end.[/quote]

Janga can be smart the show just can't decide on where he falls in between those respective areas. Can't wait to be queen Janga rather effortlessly manipulated Kion and Kiara. He knew neither took the other seriously and thought leading the kingdom depended solely on them they also basically lived by their title.

His offers of peace were brilliant Kiara lives by her title and wants to do something that actually helps her kingdom Kion can't, making peace with the hyenas is the exact achievement Kiara wants. Kion doesn't take Kiara seriously at all thinking everything she does is a mistake. He doesn't respect her he doesn't acknowledge that Kiara actually knows the intricacies to running a kingdom, he treated her own trial run as a joke. Janga knew Kion wouldn't trust him and knew in persuading Kiara he would once again throw her title aside which he knew would make Kiara act rashly. The moment he had Kiara it was over, Simba and the pride could beat the hyena pack but not before they killed Kiara which Simba wouldn't risk. Janga nearly had the whole kingdom and achieved this through nothing but cunning and manipulation.

Janga is inconsistent and can come off looking stupid because of it yet at the same time Janga is the only villain who can effortlessly exploit Kion's emotions. Rise of Scar hinged on Janga remembering Never Roar again, and openly exploiting that moment to push him to rage because Janga knows Kion constantly uses the roar as a show of force and as a threat. When at his best Janga is probably the most dangerous villain in the show because he knows Kion and knows exactly how to exploit him, this quality just doesn't show up as much as it should.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby zerodix » September 6th, 2018, 8:55 am

i watched it. not much to say about it. recurring villains was fun but the story was purely filler. not gonna rewatch this. my hopes are up for tomorrows ep!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Ninclow » September 7th, 2018, 3:12 am

First off - The second Beshti said; "Stop, that tickles!" when the crocodiles tried to rub their tummies, one of them should have gone; "Wait - the Lion Guard are ticklish? That's the weakness?!"

I mean - it would make an incredibly corny episode, but if Scar had Janja or someone just captured someone in the Guard, let's say Bunga, and tickled him for information about how to beat the rest of the members in the Guard, I mean - he would crack eventually, and even if the method of obtaining the information is kind of wired, it's also vital for the Guard that Scar don't learn too much about them, so the stakes would actually be kind of high. I mean - didn't the Chinese use it as torture at some point? Why wouldn't it work on Bunga?

Secondly, and more importantly.

- "Where did you say those flowers were, that made the Lion Guard sneeze?"
- "Oh, yes! It's right next to that place with that big thing with all that stuff on it."
- "I know where that is!"

Come on, how can you say this episode isn't funny?
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbasGuard » September 7th, 2018, 8:52 am

This episode was very funny.

I almost feel sorry for the Villains that they have such brainless underlings, but there is also the adage if you are an evil leader. You either have underlings with more guts than brains, or you you have underlings that are too ambitious for their own good. That will look to stab you in the back when they think they can overthrow you.

Thurston is the smartest Zebra in his Herd...that is just Scary.

The Lion Guard does not know Thurston's name. Perhaps Thurston does not remember his name.

You have to be amused by Fuli's thought of letting the Villains have Thurston. As well as the fact that Kion knew what Fuli was thinking.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » September 7th, 2018, 11:56 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]You have to be amused by Fuli's thought of letting the Villains have Thurston. As well as the fact that Kion knew what Fuli was thinking.[/quote]

This is why she's my favorite of the five. :lol:
Panpardus

Next

Return to The Lion Guard