23%
Vitani
23%
Rani
38%

Total votes : 13

Who Should Kion Choose?

Postby SimbasGuard » February 14th, 2018, 11:00 pm

It is Valentine's Day and while there have been discussions on who Kion should ultimately choose as his mate. I finally decided to put it in a poll.

I just ask that you choose who you want to see Kion with. Not who you figure Disney will pair him with. (Although I did included that character as an option as well, in case that is who anyone actually wants Kion to choose...Besides I like her too).

My vote goes to Vitani :testify: They both have the mentality of a warrior and upon The Outlanders joining Simba's Pride. I could see that shared mentality (and I assume mutual respect) leading to a strong friendship that could easily develop into love.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on February 18th, 2018, 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Re: Who Should Kion Choose?

Postby Elton John » February 14th, 2018, 11:15 pm

rani is kions new waifu

the fandom has declared it!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Hatari05 » February 15th, 2018, 6:39 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]It is Valentine's Day and while there have been discussions on who Kion should ultimately choose as his mate. I finally decided to put it in a poll.

I just ask that you choose who you want to see Kion with. Not who you figure Disney will pair him with. (Although I did included that character as an option as well, in case that is who anyone actually wants Kion to choose...Besides I like her too).

My vote goes to Vitani :testify: The both have the mentality of a warrior and upon The Outlanders joining Simba's Pride. I could see that shared mentality (and I assume mutual respect) leading to a strong friendship that could easily develop into love.[/quote]

Vitani and Fuli were always my main picks. Fuli and Kion work very well together and have similar beliefs in many areas they both believe in a sense of freedom and equality and remain firm in their stance, which the other keeps from going out of control. Kion makes Fuli more opened to others while Fuli's strong will keeps Kion from becoming too arrogant. It works almost perfectly they are similar yet keep the others personal flaws in check.

The thing with Kion and Vitani is I believe these 2 would allow the other to see themselves as more than what their path made them. Kion is the guard he doesn't really have a life or identity beyond it, Vitani being part of the enemy would force Kion to be more than the guard. A relationship with Kion would disrupt Vitani's entire training and molding and give her something to see beyond her mother's hatred.

Kion and Vitani is probably my favorite because of how much they could improve each other, Fuli could too but Kion and Vitani would bring sides out of each other they probably didn't know existed.
Last edited by Hatari05 on February 16th, 2018, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby TTB-Kun » February 15th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Excluding jasiri and fuli every option is good to me, i need to see rani in action before deciding about her
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby TheLionPrince » February 17th, 2018, 1:59 am

Before Kion was created, I always thought Simba's son and Vitani could make a great couple. With Kion, I'm not too sure if their personalities can connect to form an interesting relationship. It can happen, but it depends on how you write it.

I think Kion and Fuli work as mutual friends.

Rani is a new character we haven't seen yet. Interestingly, she resembles fan art of Uru, Mufasa and Scar's mother in Six New Aventures.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Miku » March 8th, 2018, 4:18 pm

This new lioness seems like the best match out of these for Kion, but we will have to wait and see. Tiifu or even Zuri could also be a good match, if they were given similar character development to Kiara. Turned from being snobby and whiny into humble and friendly cubs.

I think it would be really odd for a show that teaches about African wildlife to have two separate species together - this almost never happens in nature, and when it does, it can lead to serious problems.

Vitani doesn't make much sense. As we see her in the 2nd movie very much sided with her mother. If she had fallen in love with Kion, why would she hate his family enough to want them dead? And let's face it, it would literally be a Lion King 2 rehash.

So Rani is my choice :)
Please check out my Lion Guard Videos on Youtube, for Lion Guard theories, news, reviews, and even redesigned characters!

https://youtu.be/nDk76R6rxh4
Miku

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbasGuard » March 18th, 2018, 8:22 am

[quote="Miku"]Vitani doesn't make much sense. As we see her in the 2nd movie very much sided with her mother. If she had fallen in love with Kion, why would she hate his family enough to want them dead? And let's face it, it would literally be a Lion King 2 rehash.[/quote]

I was thinking ahead with this poll so if something did happen between Kion and Vitani it would not be until after The Outsiders rejoined Simba's Pride. A spark happening within the series (not any full fledged legitimate feelings) between Kion and Vitani would be neat, because it could serve as something more of an explanation as to what was the catalyst that made Vitani switch sides. I am not the one who originally suggested that, but I could not find the thread where it was mentioned.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on April 18th, 2018, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby KionIsGay » April 5th, 2018, 3:16 pm

Those sure are some options... :roll:
KionIsGay

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » April 5th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Wow. I've never seen so much wrong in one topic.

Clearly this is the only correct answer. :lol:
The correct answer.PNG
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby little_lioness » April 17th, 2018, 9:30 pm

so far jasiri is the only compelling female character I've seen...minus the annoying accent; kiara is not herself and sidelined, fuli can be a bit too much sometimes, zuri and tiifu have sadly enough not had any development whatsoever. for some stupid reason they also did a complete 180 on tiifu's character who seemed way more likable and unique in return of the roar.

hopefully the two latter will return (au contraire to popular opinion!) and get some backstory to HOW and WHY they are there, and not just be labeled as 'kiara's obligated girl squad'. I think there could be room for some cool solo episodes on both. essentially I just really want more character for tiifu, since her design is beautiful and I liked the tone they set for her in the beginning and would probably match with kion. she seems like the shy crushy-type.

as for vitani her and kion only met once, and I think vitani is too good of an /original/ character for kion, plus one of my faves so... no for me.
and it's a cliche reversal of kovu & kiara imo - been there, done that.

but hey it's a kid's show who thinks a protagonist has to be male and retcons all aspects of TLK, so I'm hoping for too much probs.
little_lioness

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to The Lion Guard