season 2 ep 9: rescue in the Outlands

season 2 ep 9: rescue in the Outlands

Postby zerodix » September 23rd, 2017, 10:42 am

This one airs next friday! Who's curious?
I am kinda afraid to get my hopes up too high after last dissapointing episode.
I really hope Jasiri and/or the Outlanders will at least make an appeareance.
Even if Zira just runs by and says "hey there, gotta go, bye" that would make this episode OK for me.
So I'm not high expectating.

What do you hope to see in this episode?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Re: season 2 ep 9: rescue in the Outlands

Postby Panpardus » September 23rd, 2017, 2:57 pm

I don't have any speculation for what this episode could be involve, though I'm guessing based on the promo stuff that this is the episode in which Thurston becomes a "member" of the Lion Guard. The new commercial for it doesn't say or show anything outside of that.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » September 24th, 2017, 4:08 am

[quote="Panpardus"]I'm guessing based on the promo stuff that this is the episode in which Thurston becomes a "member" of the Lion Guard. The new commercial for it doesn't say or show anything outside of that.[/quote]

I have to agree, the previews have thus far dashed my hopes for what I imagined this episode could be. like zerodix I had hoped to see Jasiri and possibly The Outsiders in this episode. When the title of the episode was revealed, but now I am wondering who could need rescuing in The Outlands. Jasiri is The Guard's only ally there, but I just can't see The Guard bringing Thurston along on any kind of mission let alone a rescue mission. Unless while on a mission with The Guard Thurston takes a wrong turn and they have to rescue him in The Outlands. Anyhow I doubt I will be disappointed by this episode. There has got to be more to it than what the previews have shown. It just won't be anything I was originally was hoping for. It will in all likelihood still be a good episode.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » September 24th, 2017, 9:54 am

if Thurston gets to tag along with the Guard, it will be the 3rd episode with that "panic and run" cringefest. We got spoiled with goodness in season 1 and now they bring us.....drumroll... Thurston the narcistic zebra
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Postby SimbasGuard » September 24th, 2017, 10:28 am

In the preview, Thurston says something about it not being the zebra way. Perhaps The Guard convinces him that the panic and run tactic is ill-suited for the mission they are on.

I also thought of this Thurston must be a great fighter, because he did not become leader of his heard with his intellect.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » September 25th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Interesting synopsis:

Spoiler: show
So Jasiri and her niblings will make an appearance, and the Guard might enlist Thurston's help in rescuing the hyenas from a swarm of tsetse flies, since zebra stripes apparently act as some sort of insect repellant by scattering the polarized light waves that the flies see and therein preventing them from effectively landing on and biting the zebra. I have little idea how they're actually going to explain that in the show (if at all), since it's a fairly complicated phenomenon that I myself don't quite understand and really isn't fully understood in the first place by the relevant professionals. I also don't know what they plan to do with the flies once they get rid of them or move the hyenas to a safer location, though the idea of Kion using the roar on a swarm of blood-sucking flies is kind of funny in a biblical plague sort of way.

:itchy: Nasty little buggers; I'd panic and run too, honestly.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zerodix » September 26th, 2017, 10:47 am

is that THE synopsis or a fan theory?
It would be great if Jasiri showed up. Or/and the outlander lions. I think we deserve some good episode, after the horrible 2 last episodes. And a good song as well! Season 1 was so great with songs and characters.. please disney give us something to be happy about :p
Three days to go.. no preview yet. I'm checking on the lionguard wiki, nothing there as well.
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby Panpardus » September 26th, 2017, 10:57 am

It's the synopsis given by the Lion Guard FB fan page, so I'm pretty sure it's legit.
Panpardus

Postby SimbasGuard » September 27th, 2017, 9:58 am

[quote="Panpardus"]It's the synopsis given by the Lion Guard FB fan page, so I'm pretty sure it's legit.[/quote]

That synopsis sounds plausible. They could just have Ono say something like Zebra stripes ward off Tsetse flies by confusing them. It's common knowledge realy. I just don't know how Thurston alone could ward off a swarm of tsetse flies. I doubt Kion will use The Roar on the tsetse flies as it would kill them. I also doubt that the bugs in the Lion King universe could suddenly be intentionally evil. :?

[quote="zerodix"]Three days to go.. no preview yet. I'm checking on the lionguard wiki, nothing there as well.[/quote]

I doubt that there will be any other previews than the one we have already seen. Maybe they want Jasiri's appearance to be a surprise. :?

SimbasGuard

Postby JackStover » September 27th, 2017, 11:23 pm

Be cautious of trusting that summary. I can find no official source, and Disney hasn't sent out descriptions for any of the recent episodes. They've issued press releases for both September and October, providing descriptions for every new episode airing for each of their shows, but The Lion Guard has been absent from both lists. It's why sites like Zap2It don't even have the descriptions up, nor can you find a description on your cable/satellite guide. Disney hasn't sent any out.

The facebook page is still fan-made, and the one that came before it once made a mistake and made a lot of people angry. I hope they have a good source that isn't IMDB or TVTropes.
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Next

Return to The Lion Guard