season 2: what we know yet

Re: season 2: what we know yet

Postby SimbasGuard » August 30th, 2017, 9:19 am

[quote="Panpardus"]I was wondering whether they'd address that little side-feature of the Roar; good to see they will (and will probably eliminate the idea from Kion's mind), though I wonder if we'll get to see whether Kion ends up having to tell Simba about his encounter with Zira, who gave him the idea in the first place.[/quote]

I never thought about Kion having to tell Simba about having encountered Zira, but what did occur to me is that this is the 2nd time this season that Kion has used The Roar. Each time The Roar has caused a problem rather than solved it (although Kion is unaware of the problem caused by his Roar the first time).

My opinion is anything but unbiased with this show, but particularly since the Rise of Scar the episodes have have really kicked it up a notch. I know I am getting my hopes up, but I think it could be possible that we may get a proper complete season release on DVD Although maybe in several volumes.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on November 25th, 2018, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » September 11th, 2017, 4:07 am

I forgot this was coming up, but our next batch of new episodes starts this Friday, and there looks to be some interesting stuff in the newest commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nEX8p_Bs2Q
I doubt these clips are all from a single episode, so we'll see how they get parsed out.

Also, I happened upon some IMDB pages that had titles and synopses for a few episodes further down the road -
including one that has a description in which the Outsiders catch wind of Scar's ghost while Mufasa tells Kion about sensing "trouble in the Force" (excuse my bad attempt at a Star Wars joke) - but I doubt the descriptions' accuracy, since a couple seem off to me and don't line up very well with the official synopses we've already seen: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3793630/epi ... =tt_ep_epl Make of them what you will, is what I'm saying. The titles I trust a bit more though, and we're getting one entitled "The Queen's Visit". Could this be an actual Nala-centric episode on the horizon? Where/who could she be visiting? And if not her, then who...? :?
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TTB-Kun » September 11th, 2017, 11:30 am

omg if that thing about ep10 is true that's very big news! I just wanna see the outlanders again!
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby SimbasGuard » September 12th, 2017, 9:38 am

I try not to get my hopes up based on anything on IMDB, but some of the ideas sound plausible. Ever since Scar returned I have been expecting The Outsiders to return (Especially considering Scar's plan). We know that there will be an episode set underground because A.J. McLean will voice that Golden Mole character:

viewtopic.php?f=179&t=52518

That means that there could be hope that The Outsiders will return. The Queen's Visit could be a legitimate episode as well.

Edit 9-12-17 @ 3:10 PM

Apparently the actual title of episode #10 has been revealed:

http://lionguard.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ukumbusho_Tradition

It also seems that we well not see it until October 27th. We will have to see what happens.

At least we have new episodes for the month.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » September 12th, 2017, 11:48 pm

I just saw the title of the October episode; you know something of significance is going to happen or be touched upon whenever they break out the Swahili, and in this case 'ukumbusho' means 'memorial' or 'remembrance'. I'll contain my fan theories regarding what this could mean for now so as to avoid being unnecessarily excited.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AnonLion » September 13th, 2017, 1:54 am

[quote="Panpardus"]I just saw the title of the October episode; you know something of significance is going to happen or be touched upon whenever they break out the Swahili, and in this case 'ukumbusho' means 'memorial' or 'remembrance'. I'll contain my fan theories regarding what this could mean for now so as to avoid being unnecessarily excited.[/quote]
If the episode is regarding 'memorial' I feel like maybe we'll see something about remembering those who are gone, kind of like a Día de Muertos thing. At least that's what it sounds like.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Panpardus » September 13th, 2017, 2:48 am

That's my idea; part of why I'm interested in it is because it seems like the perfect episode to have a bit of closure regarding the pride and kingdom's relationship to Mufasa, seeing Simba and his family commemorating the death of the old king. However, that would be somewhat nullified since Mufasa shows up so often throughout the show, so any sort of memorial-type event for him rings a little hollow.
Panpardus

Postby SimbasGuard » September 13th, 2017, 5:54 am

[quote="Panpardus"]That's my idea; part of why I'm interested in it is because it seems like the perfect episode to have a bit of closure regarding the pride and kingdom's relationship to Mufasa, seeing Simba and his family commemorating the death of the old king. However, that would be somewhat nullified since Mufasa shows up so often throughout the show, so any sort of memorial-type event for him rings a little hollow.[/quote]

True even though such a memorial could have great meaning for all the denizens of the Pride Lands and even The Pride itself because despite what Makini said in "The Rise of Scar". It seems that Kion is the only lion with a direct line to Mufasa. Since we the viewer know of this,that would take away the episodes impact. I know that this is a highly unlikely theory, but is it possible that the tradition in this episode is not a Pride Lands tradition. I thought that perhaps it could be The Outsiders day to remember Scar. How that idea would make an episode I have no idea.

SimbasGuard

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard