This is really bothering me

This is really bothering me

Postby Eldondedr » April 16th, 2017, 4:03 pm

Why are the hyenas so small and puny? They must definitely be juveniles because shensi, banzai, and ed were much larger. So my question, are they ever going to show grown hyenas? Or ar we stuck with these puny looking hyenas?
Eldondedr

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: This is really bothering me

Postby Elton John » April 17th, 2017, 4:34 am

No clue. Still waiting on those lions Simba talked about in rotr.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » April 17th, 2017, 4:25 pm

They look to be only a little smaller than the adults we've seen in the movies - granted, their proportions are different due to the show's style, although they were more accurately proportioned in earlier artistic drafts - it's just that Kion is larger and presumably older than Simba was shown to be when we saw his cubhood days.

Definitely looking forward to new lion characters...
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Squeely » April 18th, 2017, 8:35 am

[quote="Elton John"]No clue. Still waiting on those lions Simba talked about in rotr.[/quote]
This. This is the thing that has been bothering me. The small size of the hyenas, not so much, because I just take that to mean they're still pups.

But... WHAT LIONS, SIMBA? WHERE?! TLG needs to show another pride or two who have some cubs and are friends with the Pridelands pride, methinks.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » April 18th, 2017, 9:13 am

Maybe Simba was thinking of the detroit lions when he said that.

THINK ABOUT IT

Big, strong men who have opposable thumbs....perfect for wielding knives, chainsaws, pipes, flamethrowers, assault rifles....hyenas wouldnt stand a chance with the detroit lion guard around!

Circle of life is protected.

Spoiler: show
i'm being sarcastic btw
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Simba_Lion » April 22nd, 2017, 9:39 am

Yes, they really are juveniles. I've read a lot of times that they are teenagers. DisneyWiki also confirms this: http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Janja
Simba_Lion

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby Kallo » April 23rd, 2017, 4:40 pm

All the "big" characters look smaller than they do in the movies. Just the show's art/animation style, I guess. Compared to the movies where the lion cubs are barely bigger than the adults' paws, in this show they're like 1/4th of the adults' sizes.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby AnonLion » April 27th, 2017, 4:16 pm

In general proportions are all over the place because of the art style. I can accept just fine that at this point Kiara and Kion are older than we see Simba in TLK, but Pumbaa is a little smaller than Kion is, Timon is bigger than he should be, Rafiki is way taller and the adult lions feel kind of small. It doesn't bother me that much, but it's noticeable enough.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Squeely » June 4th, 2017, 9:45 am

The size discrepancies between cubs and adults and T&P definitely stood out to me at first. It's probably in part due to the show aiming for a more cutesy style. It's hardly a dealbreaker, though, and by now I'm used to it.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Return to The Lion Guard