[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - 5 TLG Concept Animatic videos — My Lion King Forum

5 TLG Concept Animatic videos

5 TLG Concept Animatic videos

Postby SimbaPrescott » January 21st, 2017, 11:10 pm

So, over at the Lion Guard wiki some members have been uncovering some early concept stuff. In addition to finding the Zuka Zama concept song (which is all over the place now) the same member found five different concept videos containing Kion's Lament (early/demo singer), Tonight we Strike (two versions), Call of the Guard and the original ending for RotR:

http://lionguard.wikia.com/wiki/Concept ... ted_Scenes

I have to say, I think I prefer the very early version of Tonight we Strike to the final. I love how those birds fly out from behind him. :evil:
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Re: 5 TLG Concept Animatic videos

Postby Panpardus » January 22nd, 2017, 3:07 am

Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Squeely » January 22nd, 2017, 9:37 am

I'm mixed on the original "Mark of the Guard" design - on the one hand, the lion head of the final is a lot more dynamic and iconic. On the other hand, the pawprint is adorable and a touch more realistic. Like many others, when I first saw the pawprint mark, I thought Kion's spots had coincidentally developed into a pawprint formation, or perhaps he touched his shoulder with a muddy paw. Like Panpardus, I too was hoping there would be a Rafiki ceremony associated with the marks. Either of those would have either kept it more grounded in realism, or tie it into the first couple films better. But we got what we got.

I love the shot of Kion on Pride Rock with his parents and Mufasa. I really wish they had kept that in the final, with the minor change of adding Kiara.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby KionScar » January 25th, 2017, 12:30 am

I like the mark as it is now, and honestly it still does look like a paw print and roaring lion head. :)
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Return to The Lion Guard