What if they brought Scars Ghost back?

What if they brought Scars Ghost back?

Postby gothprincesskiara » January 16th, 2017, 3:29 pm

I've been thinking, and I also have this feeling that somehow some way there would be a special episode where they reintroduce Scar again, but as a haunting ghosts that causes terror among the pridelands? would it be cool if they did this, I really hope they do something like this, I mean how can they not if they mention him a couple of times through out the series as well as being a important part of the back story. :evil:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: What if they brought Scars Ghost back?

Postby Elton John » January 16th, 2017, 3:41 pm

I wouldn't like it. Yeah, it happens in kingdom hearts but I believe that what happens in kh should stay in kh.

Also, they would need to tone down the character and replace one of the best actors for the franchise. I'd rather they not butcher the voicework for scar.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Ninclow » January 17th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Why would they need to replace Scar? Has Irons said that he wouldn't take the job if asked to return or something?
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Elton John » January 17th, 2017, 1:37 pm

I really doubt Jeremy Irons would voice act for a disney jr show. Dude probably would ask for too much money for it to be worth it. He didn't reprise his role as Scar in kingdom hearts, likely for the same reason as Robin Williams Genie...asked for too much money for it to be worth it.

I've also heard rumors of him never wanting to work with Disney ever again. Same rumors for Broderick and Nathan Lane. These are likely just made up, as they have no sources behind them.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » January 18th, 2017, 8:55 am

Elton John has a very good point. I doubt The production budget for The Lion Guard could afford Jeremy Irons. If they could it would be inexcusable for them not to shell out enough cash to get James Earl Jones to voice Mufasa when needed.

Although James Horan who voiced Scar in Kingdom Hearts 2 did an excellent job as Scar (He made me wonder if it was Jeremy Irons voicing Scar). I would not be opposed to him voicing Scar on The Lion Guard.

I imagine Scar's ghost could appear to advise Zira. (because that would leave The Older Viewers, to wonder if Scar's Ghost actually appeared to Zira or is it a case of Zira sliding further into madness).

I could also see Scar appearing in a nightmare Kion is having.

One other (highly unlikely) theory I can imagine is Scar's Ghost appearing to Kovu in an effort to guide him down the path of evil, in opposed to Mufasa trying guide Kion down the path of good. The big problem is obviously that Scar can not appear in the sky as Mufasa does and since there are not any lava rivers or steam geysers in the part of The Outlands that The Outsiders live in. I have no idea where Scar could appear from
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Kallo » January 18th, 2017, 3:49 pm

I wouldn't be against Scar appearing as a ghost at all. I can well imagine a scene with Kion meeting Scar's ghost being very epic, if done right. It would definitely need to be something else than his spirit returning to cause random trouble for one episode, though. It would need to be part of a bigger, more emotional story that goes on throughout the series. Such as Kion struggling with the Roar and the ghost of Scar eventually appearing in some episode and trying to persuade him into using it for evil. He should be an ongoing presence in the background, just like Mufasa... but the opposite, heh. Scar is one of my favourite villains ever, so seeing him again in any form (whether as a ghost or in a flashback) would be absolutely amazing. I must admit I do have some hopes for that happening. The Lion Guard might be the last chance we ever get to see Scar again, so I'd definitely take it.

I'm not too terrified they'd butcher the character. Even if they did, it wouldn't change anything within the original movie. And I wouldn't be too worried about a different voice actor. They did a great enough job with Zira's new VA that I have faith they'd do it right. Besides, while it's true they'd NEVER get Jeremy Irons back in the role, they could probably rather easily get Jim Cummings. And I'd have NO issue with that. The fact that people still don't realise he entirely sang "Be Prepared" shows how close he can get to Irons' voice, and that he could easily take over the role without a complaint from anyone. Not to mention that if it was Scar's ghost, there'd probably be a filter and effects on his voice anyway.

I actually wouldn't mind if his voice wasn't exactly like the original, anyway. To be completely honest, I was never the biggest fan of Irons as Scar. I frankly think Scar has a better voice in some other languages. The Finnish dub of the Lion Guard actually has pretty much all the same VAs as the original movie had, so if Scar were to ever appear in the show even for one scene, and our dub could get his original Finnish VA who I grew up with, I'd probably cry lol. :P That voice is such a big part of why I love Scar's character and thus a huge reason why I love the original movie so much.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » January 18th, 2017, 8:45 pm

[quote="Kallo"]they could probably rather easily get Jim Cummings. And I'd have NO issue with that. The fact that people still don't realise he entirely sang "Be Prepared" shows how close he can get to Irons' voice[/quote]

Actually Jeremy Irons sings "Be Prepared" Jim Cummings does not take over until after the line "Be prepared for the coup of the century". However as you said I never noticed this until I read about it on line. Therefore Jim Cummings could easily do Scar's voice. In fact didn't he do Scar's voice in Lion King 2 during Simba's nightmare?
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » January 18th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Jim Cummings could be a good replacement, but isn't he retired from voicework?

Part of me thinks bringing back Scar, even as a ghost, is a bad idea. Returning as an apparition seems to be reserved for the great kings of the past, not the lousy ones. This show messes with continuity enough as it is.

I am more open to the idea of a flashback episode with Mufasa telling Kion a story about when him and Scar were young. In the main continuity of the franchise, we know very little about Scar and Mufasas cubhood. So almost anything they do with such a story wouldn't conflict too much with the overall story.

But I am not fully open to this idea either.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Carl » January 18th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Scar was a great king of the past though, terrible, but great. To paraphrase Ollivander. Sure the things he did were bad, but they were also "great;" nothing we've seen in the canon specifies that it has to be a good great for one to be among the Great Kings, it merely implies it. Scar did something beyond the average, he allowed in the hyenas, caused many herds to flee, etc. He did many great evils. So, using the literal definition of great, instead of assuming it to imply goodness, I see no reason why Scar should not be considered a Great King of the Past himself, for one thing. And I do think it's very stupid that it's supposed to be the "Great Kings," plural, yet we only see Mufasa. Tbh I'd rather like a scene similar to the ones with Mulan's ancestors, because it doesn't make sense for Mufasa to be the only one we see if we're actually seeing the kings (which we are, because otherwise Kion would never see Mufasa, unlike Simba and Rafiki who knew him and could have simply imagined it or what have you, Kion seeing him confirms that the kings can appear before whomever they so choose).

However, I'm not sure that Scar appearing as a ghost would be a good idea. I can't see his motivation for returning as a ghost; he was selfish. He wanted the Pridelands for himself. Now that he's dead, he can't have them, so why should he continue to care? Why should he involve himself at all? It doesn't seem like him.

That said, I would definitely support getting more backstory and maybe having a flashback episode in which he and Mufasa were younger, assuming it were handled well. They could do a lot of neat stuff that way. But I think something like that should be reserved for a later season when the show is bigger and can afford to take more risks, because that way we're more likely to get something akin to what Scar deserves as a character.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Elton John » January 18th, 2017, 9:42 pm

Well, this is Disney. The morality in their movies is fairly black/white with little grey. I can't see them using the term great in terms other than good outside of the occasional bit of sarcasm.

Your logic does make sense. In the truest use of the word great, it doesn't mean purely noble acts.
Elton John
I’m with you

Next

Return to The Lion Guard