[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - NAACP Award Nomination — My Lion King Forum

NAACP Award Nomination

NAACP Award Nomination

Postby Panpardus » December 15th, 2016, 3:32 pm

Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: NAACP Award Nomination

Postby Elton John » December 15th, 2016, 4:31 pm

Maybe it won because it paints Africa in a positive light? Africa is a gorgeous continent and considering how vibrant and beautiful the backgrounds are, tlg does a lot to reinforce that. A lot of western news does not give such positivity, most Americans probably don't even know there are a lot of big and thriving cities there.

Just two years ago there were ebola breakouts, many died, and American news outlets really didnt care until it hit America. And here's a show that actually gives a crap about Africa.

The show also teaches about Swahili, a language unseen in any other western cartoon.

While it does feel a bit too British at times, it's still way ahead of the curve compared to every other tv toon set in Africa. Which uh....isn't a large number.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: NAACP Award Nomination

Postby Panpardus » February 12th, 2017, 12:35 am

I suppose. For the record, An American Girl Story won, which doesn't surprise me.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Return to The Lion Guard