[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - what is your TLG favorite episode top 3 and why? — My Lion King Forum

what is your TLG favorite episode top 3 and why?

what is your TLG favorite episode top 3 and why?

Postby zerodix » December 3rd, 2016, 12:20 pm

mine:
1. lions of the outlands
why? it has the SP lions, jasiri and new hyena chars. the song has a Bond feel and like how they recreated it all.
2. never judge a hyena by its spots
why? it has jasiri and my favorite tlg song in it: sisi ni sawa
3. the kupatana celebration
i likes the jackals and that catchy jackall style song.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Re: what is your TLG favorite episode top 3 and why?

Postby Squeely » January 20th, 2017, 9:19 am

1. "Never Judge a Hyena by its Spots"
Episode introduces Jasiri, who is one of my favorite characters in all of the TLK franchise. It addresses the problem of anti-hyena prejudice nice and early into the show's run, teaching Kion as well as the audience that not all hyenas are bad. "Sisi Ni Sawa" is a great song with a great message.

2. "Lions of the Outlands"
I love the Outsiders, how could I not love this episode? Everything from them was great, and I hope we get more from them in the future.

3. "Eye of the Beholder"
Ono is my favorite of the Guard, and this episode gives him some spotlight and emphasizes his importance.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby MacGuy3135 » March 3rd, 2017, 1:22 am

I have a spreadsheet which I weighted as unbiased as possible to do with many elements and the top 3 scores were:
1. Too many termites, which scored 58.5/60. Due to a decent song, pretty good animation and a good story
2. Fuli's new family, which scored 49.5/60 because of a very good song and a good story
3. Never Judge a Hyena by its Spoys, which scored 48.5/60 because of a good song and voice acting.
MacGuy3135

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Kallo » March 3rd, 2017, 8:38 pm

I'd have to watch through the whole season again to really make a proper conclusion, but from how I remember enjoying the episodes, "Lions of the Outlands", "Too Many Termites" and "The Kupatana Celebration" are definitely amongst my favourites. They're probably in my top 3, though I couldn't put them in any particular order. Each have their positives and negatives. I also really enjoyed "Fuli's New Family" and "Baboons!", as well.

Btw, for anyone interested, there's a rating page for every episode on IMDb, if you wanna go and rate episodes to your liking (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3793630/epr ... =ttep_sa_2). Currently, "Lions of the Outlands" is standing at #1 with 8,8 stars. It's followed closely by "Fuli's New Family", "Too Many Termites" and "The Trouble with Galagos", all sharing second place with 8,6 stars. Not sure how "Galagos" is so high on the list. It was a rather forgettable episode in my opinion, but clearly others disagree. *shrugs*
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby Gaze » March 6th, 2017, 6:18 am

hmm, this is hard, especially since it's been quite awhile since I rewatched any episodes! well, based off what I DO remember, this is my list for now...

1. Fuli's New Family
just an all-around good episode. it has a good lesson, gives a little insight into all the main characters' everyday lives with their families, and features one of the absolute best songs in the series IMO. great character development for Fuli!

2. Never Judge a Hyena by its Spots
another great song and great moral. Jasiri is by far one of the best characters TLG has introduced to the LK universe, and most of us were really overjoyed to finally get a hyena character who isn't a villain. so I think this episode is an excellent example of the potential TLG has to expand the franchise's universe in a really appealing way.

3. Bunga and the King
I love the amount of time in the spotlight Simba got in this episode. Timon and Pumbaa's genuine love for their 'children' and the unexpected connection Simba and Bunga share make for a touching episode that ties well into the previous events of the franchise. don't get me wrong, I feel just as "ehh" about T & P as most TLK fans do, but I think there's something to be said for their approach to life and I love that Simba still seems to treasure his time spent with them, even if he's all serious and boring now
:P

special shout-out to The Kupatana Celebration and Lions of the Outlands!
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby PixelLord88 » March 8th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Well I just watched the whole 1st season so they are fresh on my mind! My 3 favorites in no particular order are:
Lions of The Outlands: I mean duh
The Kupatana Celebration
and Never Roar Again

I see a lot of repeats in this thread but Never Roar Again straight up had me in tears because of Kion's love for his mother.
it's enough for this wide eyed wanderer
that we got this far
PixelLord88
Dreamer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Believe

Nickname(s): Pixel/PL/Jess
Pride Points: 4

Postby AnonLion » April 27th, 2017, 4:09 pm

1. Bunga and the King.
First of all Simba is my favorite character, so seeing him in the spotlight was really fun and enjoyable.
His relationship with Bunga was one I wasn't expecting, but when you think about it it does make sense, they both bond not because of Kion but because of Timon and Pumbaa. Sometimes it's easy to forget that Timon and Pumbaa raised Simba, they're also his family, and Timon and Pumbaa love Simba and Bunga to bits you can't help appreciate how they're both concerned for their "babies". The return of Hakuna Matata was also pretty sweet, particularly at the end of the episode where everyone sings together.
Personally I really like seeing the royal family protecting or worrying over each other, so when Simba risks falling to the sinkhole to save Kiara, Nala and Kiara call for Simba preoccupied and Kion hurries to see if his dad is okay it really hit my heartstrings.

2. Can't wait to be queen
Since the series mainly focuses in the Lion Guard members having a sibling episode with Kiara and Kion was very refreshing. Throughout the series you barely see them interact with each other, and when they did they were just talking (The rise of Makuu) or standing next to each other (The Kupatana celebration), but when their relationship is the main focus it's really refreshing and new. They fight, they argue, but they still care for each other, and it's very sweet how it was handled.
We also see more Simba and Nala, and they interact mainly with Zazu. I can see a lot of parallels between Duties of the King and Can't wait to be King and I'm a sucker for that. In this episode we get to see a lot as well that though Simba is king he can still be silly, and it reminded me a lot of what he was like when he was a cub.

3. The trail to Udugu
At this point it's been almost 20 episodes since a Kiara/Kion episode, and since Udugu is exactly that, kinship between siblings, there's a lot more focus in their relationship. Mainly I love seeing how Kion and Kiara get along, how they play together but also argue from time to time.
Simba is also shown a lot on this episode, and I really love how he is portrayed to be a goof sometimes. He's doing his best to lead the Lion Guard, and you can tell just how much fun he's having. The song was also really fun both to listen to and watch.

I have a thing for royal family episodes :kionoops:
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby kszyni1 » May 16th, 2017, 8:49 pm

1) Lions of the outlands, we get to see Jasiri again, and its a awesome dark episode which gives us a little glimpse of the "much darker" season two coming soon. Also a great song. Super episode.

2) Never judge a hyena by its spots, First time we get to see a good hyena, Jasiri, and its a really fun episode with an amazing song and we get to see some implied romance. Amazing episode.

3) Fuli's New Family, very nice character development to Fuli, an awesome song just really enjoyed this episode.

Also a shout out to "the trail to udugu" and "Baboons"
kszyni1

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Panpardus » May 16th, 2017, 11:22 pm

Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Return to The Lion Guard