"Call of the Guard" Lyrics?

Re: "Call of the Guard" Lyrics?

Postby Squeely » June 17th, 2017, 1:18 am

I always kinda assumed they were saying "Zuka Zama" where you've got "Tutazame". I wonder which one's right.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Re: "Call of the Guard" Lyrics?

Postby rayman5300 » April 22nd, 2018, 6:23 am

Panpardus, hi! I also happen to be from Kenya, and have tried to decipher the lyrics to this song myself. I think your friend did an excellent job translating the bits that she could, and I also have a few additions myself (I'm not 100% sure about some of them, but I'll do my best.) For instance, after the first "tutazame, zame zame", I believe the words are "Ona, hawamo hapa wazee" repeated 3 times, meaning "look, elders, they are here", and I think that must be referring to the kings of the past being informed that the lion guard has been made, so the "tusaidie" is supposed to represent kion and his friends asking them for help.

As for the blurry middle section, before the next chorus, this is what I could make out:
Mama kumbe, kumbe, tukumbe! (Mother, behold, behold, let us behold!)
Mama kumbe, kumbe, simba! (Mother behold, behold the lion!)
Tunaweza kumbe, heh! (We can behold this)
We, kumbe, kumbe, tukumbe! (Hey, behold, let's behold!) (it's then repeated)

Now as for the next few lines after the next "tutazame" part, this is the part I'm the least sure about, but here's what I think:
Mwana mkikindaa, na!(Son, you prepare them!)
Mwana mkikindaa, na!
We, kilele, jamaa! (Go to the top, dude!)
Nasi, wakulindana! (Us, we will protect each other!)

Now, the last bridge is pretty blurry, but it becomes much clearer towards the end. At the climax, and then towards the last chorus, here's what they say:

Tutakutana! ( We will meet!)
Wanyama wote, wanayama! (All animals, animals! [Also, I'm surprised your friend didn't catch this- the first time I heard this song, it was the only part I heard loud and clear!])
Tunaweza maendelea, Simba! (We can keep going, simba/lion?[I'm not sure if they mean Simba the character, or the word lion here)
Tunaweza maendelea, Simba!
Tunaweza endelea, heh! (Hey, we can keep going on!)
Tutunze we wanyama! (Keep us safe, you animals!)

Then there is a repetition of the previous verse, but instead of "tutunze we wanyama" at the end, it's "wanyama, we, wanyama!", then it moves on to the last section.
rayman5300

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard