New episode 'The Lost Gorillas'.

Re: New episode 'The Lost Gorillas'.

Postby Ninclow » December 3rd, 2016, 12:11 am

Like how the lion cub pinned two gorillas to the ground even though they're - what? Eighty kilos above his weight class? He should have bounced right off.

I REALLY wish Kion could stop having a breeze going toe to toe with animals SIMBA would struggle with...

But found the delivery of "Would you mind NOT standing on us?" actually sort of funny.

Also... By the time they're finished with the show, though I hope it will be a while to that happens, there'll bel like fifty wanna-be Hakuna Matata songs. :p
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Squeely » December 3rd, 2016, 9:04 am

Eh I didn't think this was that bad. Toilet humor's only at the start. I liked the characters of both princes - being screwballs but still wanting to be princely made them interesting enough, and I like the diplomacy between two kingdoms. I agree the British accents were ill-fitting, though I don't know that TLG is really to blame for that when TLK had Zazu and Scar. All in all, found this to be a pretty nice winter episode, though I will concede it probably isn't among TLG's strongest.

I still don't know how that snow never melted, though. Perhaps someone more science-oriented can offer an explanation?
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby zerodix » December 3rd, 2016, 10:33 am

i watched the first 5 minutes. then i was like "ok i am out"
zero points for this pumba/timon-style "humor" fart lame episode. this one will be forgotten.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Aelwen » December 3rd, 2016, 10:53 am

[quote="Ninclow"]Like how the lion cub pinned two gorillas to the ground even though they're - what? Eighty kilos above his weight class? He should have bounced right off.

I REALLY wish Kion could stop having a breeze going toe to toe with animals SIMBA would struggle with...
[/quote]

I wish this too! Yes they are teenagers and don't weight 150 kilos yet but they are still big. A year-year old lion cub weighs around 70-80 kilos. No way he could easily push down two gorillas roughly the same size as him.
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

Postby zerodix » December 3rd, 2016, 12:14 pm

i got bored at home and decided to reopen and watch this anyway.. well.. i dont know who writes these episodes, some tlg episodes are amazing and memorable, but i guess they do the "filler" thing too. i hope the next episode will make up for this monstrosity.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Panpardus » December 3rd, 2016, 6:26 pm

[quote="zerodix"]i got bored at home and decided to reopen and watch this anyway.. well.. i dont know who writes these episodes, some tlg episodes are amazing and memorable, but i guess they do the "filler" thing too. i hope the next episode will make up for this monstrosity.[/quote]

Wikipedia at least has a full list of who writes each episode's storyline, and it's pretty much a team of four or five core writers, usually with two or sometimes three people listed as primary co-writers, hence the varying qualities. Elise Allen is listed as the sole author on this one; she and John Loy seem to be on a lot of the episodes I've been less impressed with, though I'm not saying that they're bad writers.

[quote="squeely"]I agree the British accents were ill-fitting, though I don't know that TLG is really to blame for that when TLK had Zazu and Scar.[/quote]

True, and even though that stood out to me, they still worked as token British bad guy and token British snob. I'm just singling out The Lion Guard because it's got so many British/Australian/American-accented characters and has introduced only one new character (Sokwe) who actually has what sounds like some sort of African accent (although the way he pronounced certain words still gave away the fact that the voice actor is very Welsh) for a grand total of two African-sounding characters throughout a franchise set squarely in sub-Saharan Africa. (It's also my understanding that African audiences get the more British-populated versions of the episodes, so representation lacking much?)
Last edited by Panpardus on December 6th, 2016, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Lionkingview » December 4th, 2016, 2:11 am

Yep, after watching this rather anoying episode I decided to do a nostalgia critic style review of it. These gorrillas (voiced by to british youtubers whom i've never heard of ) were annoying
ImageImage
But in the end, the human soul
will ever reach for the truth
-Samus Aran-
Lionkingview
I go my own way

Pride Points: 6

Postby PridelandsPhantom » December 4th, 2016, 2:53 am

I just watched this episode and it was alright. It's not the greatest and the potty humor really bugged me A LOT. I've never liked it and think it's a cheap way to use comedy even if the show is aimed at younger kids. :x I didn't find the British accents annoying and I'm not really expecting there to be a lot of African accents on the show. I don't really think the Lion King had any. I did like the Lion Guard's reaction to the snow. It did bother me that the snowball didn't melt or the gorilla king didn't say something to Bunga before they got back to the Pridelands. It's a common fact that snow melts and being in the Pridelands the snow would be gone in seconds!!

I liked watching Fuli play in the snow and it's nice to see Kion being a cub and having some fun. I agree that Kion would not be able to pin down two gorillas young or not or even take down a forest hog. Adult lions have trouble taking down warthogs none-the-less gorillas! :eyeroll:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby PridelandsPhantom » December 4th, 2016, 3:36 am

I am answering an old question but Harambe was a gorilla killed at the Cincinnati Zoo when a young child fell into his enclosure and the zoo felt that Harambe was a threat to the child's life. He was shot and killed :cry2: Not sure why a meme is funny about a gorilla losing his life but that's who Harambe is.

On a different note, I to thought of Tarzan in this episode! :kiaraexcited: I thought of when he said Gorillas and half expected Kerchak to come out and say "Protect this family!" :lol:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 4th, 2016, 7:19 am

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]I am answering an old question but Harambe was a gorilla killed at the Cincinnati Zoo when a young child fell into his enclosure and the zoo felt that Harambe was a threat to the child's life. He was shot and killed :cry2: Not sure why a meme is funny about a gorilla losing his life but that's who Harambe is.

On a different note, I to thought of Tarzan in this episode! :kiaraexcited: I thought of when he said Gorillas and half expected Kerchak to come out and say "Protect this family!" :lol:[/quote]

these gorilla brothers did look alot like Tarzan material, what if they know Tarzan, this is where I like to twist thing in my role play
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard