According to the voice actor of Timon, season 2 will be...

According to the voice actor of Timon, season 2 will be...

Postby Elton John » October 22nd, 2016, 4:04 pm

....much darker, more kind, honest, and loving than season 1.

Kevin Schon says this on his twitter.

Fascinating.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: According to the voice actor of Timon, season 2 will be.

Postby TheLionPrince » October 22nd, 2016, 5:29 pm

Where specifically is that tweet: https://twitter.com/kdschon?
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » October 22nd, 2016, 5:40 pm

October 7th. I'd screengrab it but imgur is down for me.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » October 22nd, 2016, 6:33 pm

So I'd hope...
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbaPrescott » October 22nd, 2016, 7:39 pm

Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Panpardus » October 22nd, 2016, 10:30 pm

Okay, now I really like where this is going. Do you guys think this means the show might become less episodic and really kick off a story arc?
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » October 22nd, 2016, 11:14 pm

Don't know. Probably not.

However we might be getting a bit more thoughtful stories.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 23rd, 2016, 8:05 am

If they are saying that it will be darker, Im thinking they have been listening to the older fans maybe.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Rollo » October 23rd, 2016, 2:28 pm

[quote="The Lionvengers"]However we might be getting a bit more thoughtful stories.[/quote]

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Darker storylines and Disney Junior is not a realistic combination, no matter how 'adult' TLG is compared to say, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. If TLG was moved to Disney XD I could believe it when they say it'll be darker and more 'shocking'...but not on Disney Junior. We're not gonna see any bloody fight scenes or anything like that.

You need to keep in perspective that this is a children's show aimed at toddlers. That doesn't mean it can't be a good show, but I don't think it'll have the epic story arc we're all looking for. Nothing wrong with that, I just don't want people getting so disappointed when people involved with the show try to make it out to be a bit more than what it is. I think the creators are well aware that TLG doesn't match anywhere near TLK's storyline or even Simba's Pride in terms of maturity. But they should bear in mind that we're not the target audience for this show--it doesn't really matter whether we like it or not :P

If it keeps little kids entertained enough to sing the songs, buy the toys and remember the messages the episode teaches them, then hey, I think they've succeeded.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » October 23rd, 2016, 2:37 pm

The show isn't going to get darker, I agree. Only so much you can do with a disney jr show.

I think at best the writing quality will have increased. Maybe a few tearjerker episodes. Something like 'and maggie makes three' from the simpsons or 'jurassic bark' from futurama. This is me being optimistic.
Elton John
I’m with you

Next

Return to The Lion Guard