According to the voice actor of Timon, season 2 will be...

Re: According to the voice actor of Timon, season 2 will be.

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 19th, 2016, 4:54 am

but they still have no shown any pride lionesses yet, and its really bugging me
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » November 19th, 2016, 9:08 am

Yes this continues to be the only major flaw of the series.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 19th, 2016, 5:43 pm

I mean whats worse is they show the outsider lionesses, but they still have not shown any pridelander lionesses
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Squeely » November 20th, 2016, 8:14 am

I agree, I wanna meet some Pridelander lionesses! Maybe they could even give an explanation as to why they seem to be absent from Pride Rock so often. I'd really love for a lot of lionesses to get some screen time, show off what kind of people they are, really flesh out the pride. That's probably asking too much from a show that sidelines the female characters a lot, though :(
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby SimbasGuard » November 20th, 2016, 12:14 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I mean whats worse is they show the outsider lionesses, but they still have not shown any pridelander lionesses[/quote]

that jumped out at me as well.

[quote="Squeely"]I agree, I wanna meet some Pridelander lionesses! Maybe they could even give an explanation as to why they seem to be absent from Pride Rock so often. I'd really love for a lot of lionesses to get some screen time, show off what kind of people they are, really flesh out the pride. That's probably asking too much from a show that sidelines the female characters a lot, though :([/quote]

They could at least introduce us to Tiifu and Zuri's Mother/Mothers

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kallo » November 21st, 2016, 8:11 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I mean whats worse is they show the outsider lionesses, but they still have not shown any pridelander lionesses[/quote]

But the fact that they did, gives me hope that we'll see some lionesses at Simba's pride at some point. For a while I was worried they might've not appeared because reasons of budget, time, or animation complications, but the fact that they had an entire pride of Outlanders, confirms that they CAN have more background characters appear, if they so choose.

I don't have any hopes for huge leaps of advancements for Season 2, but I have constantly had this feeling that S1 has been very much a "testing the waters" kinda season. Shame, in a sense, that they'd wait until S2 to get more deep into the series, instead of doing so right from the get-go. But the biggest issue with that is probably the channel the show is on. I feel like the show staff are really trying their best with the show, but the channel is what's been keeping them from a lot of things during this season. Or at least that's the vibe I'm getting from the show. It has this "we want to do more with this but we can't" feel to it, if that makes any sense. It seems the show staff respect TLK's legacy and TLG's viewers, but the channel doesn't.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby Squeely » November 21st, 2016, 9:59 am

[quote="Kallo"]It has this "we want to do more with this but we can't" feel to it, if that makes any sense. It seems the show staff respect TLK's legacy and TLG's viewers, but the channel doesn't.[/quote]
While I enjoy the heck out of TLG, I agree. I still don't know why they opted for Disney Junior instead of XD. The show does push the boundaries of what a preschool show can show, at the very least.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby SimbasGuard » November 22nd, 2016, 5:56 am

[quote="Squeely"]While I enjoy the heck out of TLG, I agree. I still don't know why they opted for Disney Junior instead of XD. The show does push the boundaries of what a preschool show can show, at the very least.[/quote]

I agree as well The Lion Guard has very much impressed me with the Uh.."risks?" That they have taken with a so called preschool show. I don't think that the target audince has limited the writing too much. However I have to still consider that when it comes to what I hope to see on the show. The fact that The Lion Guard was to be a Disney Jr. show was the only negative thing that jumped out at me. One area where the fact that The Lion Guard is a Disney Jr. show works against what I would like to see is with the DVD releases. Ideally I would like 1st season release, with the the episodes in the order that they originally aired, with making of segments, and creator commentary on at least some of the episodes. What I have to settle for are several smaller releases, with episodes in random order and with very sparse bonus features. Which is exactly what I expected from The DVD Releases. :sad: At least they are releasing the show on DVD.

SimbasGuard

Postby Squeely » November 22nd, 2016, 6:06 am

^There's always hope they'll make an exception because it's TLK.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby SimbasGuard » November 22nd, 2016, 6:18 am

I guess that is a possibility, but in the meantime I'll grab the DVDs they do release just to be on the safe side ;)

SimbasGuard

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard