Do you think that Ma and Uncle Max will show up or...

Re: Do you think that Ma and Uncle Max will show up or...

Postby Panpardus » October 16th, 2016, 4:02 am

It was one of those "My ma once told me about this guy's cousin's sister's uncle..." tall tales about the Zimwi. He really did nothing more than just mention the fact that he has a mother.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Nilla » October 16th, 2016, 4:17 am

yo I called it! I can't believe I missed that
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Timon the great » October 16th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Interesting that Timon mentions Ma on that latest episode as I took a look at this on YT. I figured that it would probably be the most likely outcome when I talked about Ma or Max making an appearance in another topic last year before the show premiered on disney channel.

But I find it to be best that they don't make an actual appearance because there's a good chance they'd probably look weird as Timon already does on this series and his appearance is nowhere near the quality of him on his film of 1 1/2.

Not to mention also the voices, as I highly doubt Julie Kavner (Simpsons voice actor) would come back to voice Ma again on this series if she were to make an appearance and now that it's been over a decade since LK 1 1/2 was made.

So I find it best that Ma's only canon appearance stays from this film also because I like her much more than uncle Max, and with Timon here.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Squeely » November 14th, 2016, 3:36 am

Woah didn't catch that reference. Neat!

Would still love to see the two. Would be cool if we met other members of the meerkat colony too.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Panpardus » November 14th, 2016, 7:11 am

This is just completely unfounded speculation, but there's going to be a monitor lizard named Kenge who appears as an antagonist in the upcoming season. Maybe he'll have something to do with the meerkat colony, depending on what species he's supposed to be.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby zerodix » November 14th, 2016, 8:32 pm

now we've seen the outlanders, this idea ain't so bad. maybe we will get a meerkat ep and if we met more warthogs or honeybadgers (or other families of tlg main characters like fuli etc) that would be nice
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Squeely » November 14th, 2016, 8:55 pm

[quote="zerodix"]and if we met more warthogs[/quote]
This reminded me that the possibility of meeting Pumbaa's old sounder is there. Man I hope that happens, always wanted to see what Pumbaa's life had been like and TLK 1 1/2 sadly denied us that.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Tsuki » November 14th, 2016, 9:19 pm

I think it's possible that they may have a cameo. :). It would be nice to see some of Pumbaa's family too.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Elton John » November 14th, 2016, 9:35 pm

[quote="Panpardus"]It was one of those "My ma once told me about this guy's cousin's sister's uncle..." tall tales about the Zimwi. He really did nothing more than just mention the fact that he has a mother.[/quote]

It's important because just by acknowledging her existence she might show up in a future episode.

Or might not.

But there's a chance even if it's fairly small.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » March 18th, 2017, 7:10 am

[quote="Timon the great"]Not to mention also the voices, as I highly doubt Julie Kavner (Simpsons voice actor) would come back to voice Ma again on this series if she were to make an appearance and now that it's been over a decade since LK 1 1/2 was made.[/quote]

Julie Kavner still does voice work for a living, On T.V. no less, so why wouldn't she come back? After all Jason Marsden, Lacy Chabert, and Andy Dick came back to voice Kovu, Vitani, and Nuka.

[quote="zerodix"]or other families of tlg main characters like fuli etc that would be nice[/quote]

I would love to see an episode that explains why Fuli is on her own at such a young age, (But that might be too deep of a topic for the target audince. Although with Scar coming back, maybe not.)

[quote="Squeely"]This reminded me that the possibility of meeting Pumbaa's old sounder is there. Man I hope that happens, always wanted to see what Pumbaa's life had been like and TLK 1 1/2 sadly denied us that.[/quote]

Yeah aside from the Timon And Pumbaa episode Home Is Where The Hog Is (Which we all know is NOT canon) we have no idea what Pumbaa's actual back story is and it would be nice to see a canon version of his back story
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard