Do you think that Ma and Uncle Max will show up or...

Re: Do you think that Ma and Uncle Max will show up or...

Postby Panpardus » March 18th, 2017, 2:14 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]

[quote="zerodix"]or other families of tlg main characters like fuli etc that would be nice[/quote]

I would love to see an episode that explains why Fuli is on her own at such a young age, (But that might be too deep of a topic for the target audince. Although with Scar coming back, maybe not.)

[quote="Squeely"]This reminded me that the possibility of meeting Pumbaa's old sounder is there. Man I hope that happens, always wanted to see what Pumbaa's life had been like and TLK 1 1/2 sadly denied us that.[/quote]

Yeah aside from the Timon And Pumbaa episode Home Is Where The Hog Is (Which we all know is NOT canon) we have no idea what Pumbaa's actual back story is and it would be nice to see a canon version of his back story[/quote]

Cheetahs are pretty independent after about a year and a half or so, so I'd bet Fuli's just at the age where she's left her mother somewhat recently. She cites solitary life as normal adolescent female cheetah behavior, which it is. It'd be interesting to see if she has/had any siblings though; an allusion to cheetah infant mortality rates would be a pretty bold move, but nothing too far out of the scope of The Lion King franchise, even within The Lion Guard itself.

Regarding missing parents, I'm actually more curious as to why we've never seen nor heard mention of Beshte's mother. Basi's always struck me as a single father for some reason. (Mothers are generally pretty sidelined throughout this series, now that I think about it.) And who are Tiifu and Zuri's parents? Are they related? And who are these other lions that Simba suggested for the guard back in Return of the Roar?
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TheLionPrince » March 21st, 2017, 2:03 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Yeah aside from the Timon And Pumbaa episode Home Is Where The Hog Is (Which we all know is NOT canon) we have no idea what Pumbaa's actual back story is and it would be nice to see a canon version of his back story.[/quote]

Wasn't Pumbaa's verse ("When he was a young warthog...") in "Hakuna Matata" supposed to be his backstory? In The Lion King 1½ , when he met Timon, he still referred to it claiming he drives "everyone away. People see me and they run for cover" because he "wrecks their appetite."
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Squeely » April 18th, 2017, 10:14 am

^It was, but I don't think that's what SG meant when he said he'd like to see Pumbaa's backstory. It's certainly not what I meant. I meant I'd like to see those events rather than just be told about them, see more of what lead to Pumbaa's exile and what his life was like.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby SimbasGuard » June 15th, 2017, 8:10 am

Squeely is right. I know Pumbaa's stench is super potent, but I'm sure there is more to the story of his past than his old Sounder banishing him for his flatulence. Although you are right TheLionPrince Pumbaa's verse in Hakuna Matata was an extremely simplified and shorted version of the story of his past.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard