Kopa or Kion?

Re: Kopa or Kion?

Postby SilverSimba01 » November 6th, 2016, 4:00 am

I would give my vote to Kion
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Simba_Lion » November 15th, 2016, 11:01 am

Both. (:
To me, the cub in the end of the first movie is Kopa: :newborn: He looks completely different than the newborn Kiara: :highfive:.
So he's kinda canon.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby Squeely » November 15th, 2016, 11:05 am

It's possible that the cub in the end of the first movie is Kion, especially now that we know he was born later than Kiara.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Simba_Lion » November 15th, 2016, 8:37 pm

You mean "It's not possible"
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeely » November 15th, 2016, 8:52 pm

[quote="Simba_Lion"]You mean "It's not possible"[/quote]
And how exactly is it not possible? We've got two golden-yellow babies with ear rims. I can see the cub at the end of TLK growing up to be Kion. It wouldn't surprise me if Kion was designed the way he was to match the cub.

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Postby Shadowfax » November 15th, 2016, 9:40 pm

I'd probably also go for Kion and I think newer generations watching TLK will make this link too when they watch the first TLK movie. Myself, I never really related the lion cub at the end of the first movie to Kopa, hence my decision for Kion.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby PrincessKiara » November 20th, 2016, 10:36 pm

Kion.

I don`t mind Kopa, but I don`t consider him to be canon, and he doesn`t have much of a personality. He`s more like Cub Simba than Kion is, so I find Kion to be a more unique character, as well as more sympathetic.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Simba_Lion » November 22nd, 2016, 10:25 pm

[quote="Squeely"]And how exactly is it not possible? We've got two golden-yellow babies with ear rims. I can see the cub at the end of TLK growing up to be Kion. It wouldn't surprise me if Kion was designed the way he was to match the cub.[/quote]

Because Kion is younger than Kiara, and the first-movie cub was born sooner than Kiara.
Simba_Lion

Postby Squeely » November 23rd, 2016, 12:42 pm

[quote="Simba_Lion"]
Because Kion is younger than Kiara, and the first-movie cub was born sooner than Kiara.[/quote]
There's nothing confirming that the first movie presentation took place before the one from the second movie, though. I know Simba appears older in the second movie, but that can be chalked up to how SP's artists changed his design.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby SimbasGuard » December 25th, 2016, 6:11 pm

It's hard to debate this because Kion's existence is a retcon. I believe that we are supposed to believe that the cub at the end of The Lion King is Kiara, because Kiara is heir to The Throne. The Lion King begins with the presentation of Simba, The Heir to The Throne, So why would it end with the presentation of Simba's cub that is not Heir to The Throne.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard