Bunga's Uncles?

Re: Bunga's Uncles?

Postby Tsuki » August 19th, 2015, 8:59 pm

I have two possible theories.

1. Timon and Pumbaa are Bunga's "uncles". Meaning they are friend's of his family or he regards them as family though they aren't blood related. For example, I call a few of my Dad's friend's uncles as they have been around all my life and are good friends of the family. Or it may not be Timon and Pumbaa but another creature that Bunga holds in high regards. A bit like Milla has suggested (which would give the film a nice feel)

2. It IS Bunga's blood uncles that say this.

However, there is something that is puzzling me. Does the Lon Guard take place after or during Lion King 2? If after....didn't Timon and Pumbaa come up with a new moto and ditch the whole Hakuna Matata (honestly that annoyed me so much)? If so.....then maybe theory one isn't true/doesn't make sense.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Elton John » August 19th, 2015, 9:03 pm

That hakuna matata ditch in tlk2 felt like a throwaway joke to me.

What millia says makes sense considering she was from africa.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » August 19th, 2015, 9:52 pm

I am convinced that The Lion Guard takes Place After Lion King 2

Like Elton John said, Timon and Pumbaa getting a new motto in Lion King 2 was a joke.

O.K. now even though it is part of African culture for kids call adults Uncle. The Fact that Bunga said MY Uncles still stands out to me. If it was just included as a cultural reference why did Bunga state that they were His Uncles rather than just Uncles?
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Milla » August 19th, 2015, 10:02 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I am convinced that The Lion Guard takes Place After Lion King 2

Like Elton John said, Timon and Pumbaa getting a new motto in Lion King 2 was a joke.

O.K. now even though it is part of African culture for kids call adults Uncle. The Fact that Bunga said MY Uncles still stands out to me. If it was just included as a cultural reference why did Bunga state that they were His Uncles rather than just Uncles?[/quote]

I don't know how it goes with English, but in Swahili grammar saying "Uncle Timon" will make no sense, you have to say "MY uncle Timon" because you are the one who is talking about that person so you should refer to yourself. It's hard to explain it, but when I hear someone saying "MY uncle 'name' "(even if they don't relate to you) in Swahili it will sound normal.
~HAKUNA MATATA~ ~HAKUNA MATATA~ ~HAKUNA MATATA~
Milla
Simba-saurus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Muna
Pride Points: 16

Postby SimbasGuard » August 20th, 2015, 6:14 am

O.K. Thanks for that. In English the term is just Uncle Name.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Milla » August 20th, 2015, 2:15 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]O.K. Thanks for that. In English the term is just Uncle Name.[/quote]

Alright then. It looks like they brought in Swahili grammar to TLK :P
Problem solved... does anyone want to say something or should this thread be locked? :hmm:
~HAKUNA MATATA~ ~HAKUNA MATATA~ ~HAKUNA MATATA~
Milla
Simba-saurus

Nickname(s): Muna
Pride Points: 16

Postby SimbaPrescott » August 20th, 2015, 2:41 pm

If I'm honest, I think it's likely a coincidence, since a lot of cartoons use the 'My Uncle (name) says' phrase. But that's just my opinion :P
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby KiovuLove » August 20th, 2015, 3:09 pm

I actually did notice and figured it was timon and pumbaa. Just didn't think about talking about. I just kind of assumed that they may have taken him in like they did for simba. I mean they sort of took him in for a selfish reason (timon mostly) though pumbaa makes me think of a child wanting the poor stray dog bit. Plus I think having simba in their life, they probably started caring a bit more.
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Marizzle » August 20th, 2015, 3:27 pm

At the beginning, I thought it was a coincidence, as, just like SimbaPrescott said, the "My Uncle XXX" term is used in animation very often. However, with Milla's reveal about the African tradition, I am find myself to be split. Was it really just a coincidence, or was it done on purpose? :think:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard