Regarding Roar of the Elders and kings...

Re: Regarding Roar of the Elders and kings...

Postby Claws » August 18th, 2015, 1:02 am

What really gets me thinking is why a Lion Guard in first place, like isn't the King supposed to be in a way a Lion Guard? the male lion leader is supposed to protect its pride, so I don't see the point of a guard...

But now about this post, I just think that supposing being a guard is such a great responsability and that one lion would be supposed to need some extra-help for this extensive task, like if a lion guard is to protect everybody, and it's supposed to do it alone it must have emerged from the need to be more powerful, and since the King would have different tasks, I guess that's why the roaring thing is given to the guard instead, because he'll be the one needing that aid.
But then again I will have to see why would it have ended with Scar, or why Simba didn't have it as he was only cub... Because hey I can understand it didn't continue with Simba because Mufasa wasn't there to give Simba a little sinbling to fulfill that place.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 18th, 2015, 1:16 am

[quote="littlelionman"]What really gets me thinking is why a Lion Guard in first place, like isn't the King supposed to be in a way a Lion Guard? the male lion leader is supposed to protect its pride, so I don't see the point of a guard...

But now about this post, I just think that supposing being a guard is such a great responsability and that one lion would be supposed to need some extra-help for this extensive task, like if a lion guard is to protect everybody, and it's supposed to do it alone it must have emerged from the need to be more powerful, and since the King would have different tasks, I guess that's why the roaring thing is given to the guard instead, because he'll be the one needing that aid.
But then again I will have to see why would it have ended with Scar, or why Simba didn't have it as he was only cub... Because hey I can understand it didn't continue with Simba because Mufasa wasn't there to give Simba a little sinbling to fulfill that place.[/quote]

meaning Simba wasn't ready for it yet? and Mufasa has died even before he could tell him about it? idk cause Mufasa already tells Simba about the great kings of the past just before he dies, so why wouldn't have Mufasa told Simba about it then?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2015, 1:26 am

Maybe Mufasa was going to tell him about it eventually when him and sarabi created a second cub but didn't get the chance to?

It's not like mufasa had the opportunity to tell him everything because he died early in Simbas life.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby crownofsimba » August 19th, 2015, 4:54 am

Since the powers that be remove it if it proves to be a problem, than that would mean that the powers of be probably try to mete out power in a way that balances it. I'll be interested if they get a nice backstory on it.

Altho its not really odd that Simba never got a second sibling, considering lions' weirdly low fertility in this universe plus the fact that Mufasa died before that was probably slated to happen (from an in-universe perspective). Interesting that the power then skips down... that would mean that Kion is unusually young to be able to use it, since it technically should be held by Simba's sibling who doesn't exist, and only go to him when they die.
crownofsimba

Pride Points: 5

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 19th, 2015, 5:39 am

[quote="crownofsimba"]Since the powers that be remove it if it proves to be a problem, than that would mean that the powers of be probably try to mete out power in a way that balances it. I'll be interested if they get a nice backstory on it.

Altho its not really odd that Simba never got a second sibling, considering lions' weirdly low fertility in this universe plus the fact that Mufasa died before that was probably slated to happen (from an in-universe perspective). Interesting that the power then skips down... that would mean that Kion is unusually young to be able to use it, since it technically should be held by Simba's sibling who doesn't exist, and only go to him when they die.[/quote]

:huh8: could you possibly simplify this more? not sure if I get it what you meant
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » August 19th, 2015, 6:12 am

1st part. Do evil and your power is taken away.

2nd part is technically wrong as it's only supposed to go to the second born cub, who doesn't have the right to rule but still has a responsibility to protect the pride.

That makes me wonder what happens to third and on royal cubs... I'm guessing they have some sort of duty that's important.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » August 19th, 2015, 7:53 am

[quote="Elton John"]That makes me wonder what happens to third and on royal cubs... I'm guessing they have some sort of duty that's important.[/quote]

I thought about that too, but after the 2nt born gets powers from the Great Kings, anything else seems not so great by comparison. Maybe any other royal offspring become part of The Lion Guard as well? Although based on the info we have been given. The Lion Guard may have a 5 member limit. Perhaps any additional member beyond the original 5 will not receive a power form The Great Kings.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby crownofsimba » August 20th, 2015, 5:09 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"][quote="crownofsimba"]Since the powers that be remove it if it proves to be a problem, than that would mean that the powers of be probably try to mete out power in a way that balances it. I'll be interested if they get a nice backstory on it.

Altho its not really odd that Simba never got a second sibling, considering lions' weirdly low fertility in this universe plus the fact that Mufasa died before that was probably slated to happen (from an in-universe perspective). Interesting that the power then skips down... that would mean that Kion is unusually young to be able to use it, since it technically should be held by Simba's sibling who doesn't exist, and only go to him when they die.[/quote]

:huh8: could you possibly simplify this more? not sure if I get it what you meant[/quote]

On which part? For the first its that considering that we know that the power is taken away if someone abuses it, it would make sense that it doesn't go the actual ruler, since the universe is trying to keep itself in balance or something.

For the second just that it's a bit odd of a situation because Simba never had a sibling (since Mufasa died), and thus Kion is getting the power at a young age. We could assume that in normal situations, in which the kings and queens have normal sized families, that the power would stay with the ruler's sibling until they died. But Mufasa's death made the Roar skip Simba's generation, since there wasn't any second-born to inherit the Roar, so now Kion is getting it at an unusually young age, presumably.
crownofsimba

Postby SimbasGuard » August 20th, 2015, 6:36 am

[quote="crownofsimba"]Simba never had a sibling (since Mufasa died), and thus Kion is getting the power at a young age. We could assume that in normal situations, in which the kings and queens have normal sized families, that the power would stay with the ruler's sibling until they died. But Mufasa's death made the Roar skip Simba's generation, since there wasn't any second-born to inherit the Roar, so now Kion is getting it at an unusually young age, presumably.[/quote]

That is a very intriguing possibility.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby crownofsimba » August 20th, 2015, 6:50 am

Presumably. I highly doubt this has occurred to the writers of TLG, although considering their care to make a backstory for Scar, perhaps it has.

I wonder if that's what Rafiki (or Zazu) will do, since its unlikely Simba knows much about it. Perhaps everyone thought it vanished when Scar misused it or when the line of second-borns was cut off, and everyone is shocked Kion has suddenly exhibited it. We'll have to wait and see.

It actually resembles the amulet from Sofia the First fairly closely, since its a magical artifact that also tends to punish its wearer if they do something selfish.

Although I wonder if/how all the rest of the Lion Guard are going to get the mark that Kion got, or if they'll get some sort of power as well.
crownofsimba

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard