Problem with Simbas look on Screen shot at end of Premier

Re: Problem with Simbas look on Screen shot at end of Premie

Postby Hatari05 » August 18th, 2015, 2:43 am

Animation change is animation change it happens Venom in spectacular Spiderman didn't look like venom either nor did green goblin. Arcee in prime looked nothing like any Arcee, Karai looked different in turtles forever so did Splinter and shredder and April did it make the characters not themselves no splinter was just as wise and compassionate and Karai's emotional struggle was all the same and Shredder was just as monstrous and ruthless.

I know it's a weird comparison but lion king hasn't had something on that level that people actually agree on but I can use in universe examples as well. I admit many of the characters look different in Simba's pride but what's it matter Simba is still uncertain of his own choices he still looks up to his father above everything else, he is still driven by his anger of what Scar did and is still haunted by guilt due to the decisions he made. In essence he is still the same character just changed by the events of the first movie. Nala still acts as Simba's moral compass and guide helping through his uncertainty and standing by him she can also still fight as shown when she pins Vitani down. Pumba is still Pumba as is Timon. Rafiki is still the wise baboon who guides others while maintaining his happy and cheerful demeanor.

So no matter how the characters look it's irrelevant so long as they are the same characters, Xaiver in days of Future Past looks nothing like the character but it doesn't matter he plays the role incredibly the same holds true here don't concern yourself with the animation focus on what matters the characters and the story, it doesn't matter if Simba looks entirely like Simba what matters is that he acts like him that he shows the same characteristics that he is deep down Simba.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Akril » August 18th, 2015, 3:14 am

I wish I could find it, but there's a clearer version of that screenshot that I *think* was posted here, and from looking at it, it's clear that Simba's unusual chin is just a coloring error, not a radical design change: the artist who did that graphic (it seems to be an "expanded" version of this picture, not an actual screenshot from the show) colored the part of Simba's mane that's under his jaw the same color as his chin instead of the dark red it should have been. (Simba's tail tuft is also uncolored in that picture as well.)
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 18th, 2015, 3:26 am

[quote="Hatari05"]Animation change is animation change it happens Venom in spectacular Spiderman didn't look like venom either nor did green goblin. Arcee in prime looked nothing like any Arcee, Karai looked different in turtles forever so did Splinter and shredder and April did it make the characters not themselves no splinter was just as wise and compassionate and Karai's emotional struggle was all the same and Shredder was just as monstrous and ruthless.

I know it's a weird comparison but lion king hasn't had something on that level that people actually agree on but I can use in universe examples as well. I admit many of the characters look different in Simba's pride but what's it matter Simba is still uncertain of his own choices he still looks up to his father above everything else, he is still driven by his anger of what Scar did and is still haunted by guilt due to the decisions he made. In essence he is still the same character just changed by the events of the first movie. Nala still acts as Simba's moral compass and guide helping through his uncertainty and standing by him she can also still fight as shown when she pins Vitani down. Pumba is still Pumba as is Timon. Rafiki is still the wise baboon who guides others while maintaining his happy and cheerful demeanor.

So no matter how the characters look it's irrelevant so long as they are the same characters, Xaiver in days of Future Past looks nothing like the character but it doesn't matter he plays the role incredibly the same holds true here don't concern yourself with the animation focus on what matters the characters and the story, it doesn't matter if Simba looks entirely like Simba what matters is that he acts like him that he shows the same characteristics that he is deep down Simba.[/quote]

I understand, but dont forget some fans who are also fan artists (like me) are also inlove with the character structure, shape and design< some of us love watching the behind the scenes of the Drawing and how they built them, that's why we TLK artist love to draw TLK, so point is we don't like to let go of the TLK Lion style. Its like a signature. and we don't want a change in there design, to fool viewers or confusing them possibly. some of us prefer TLK Lions over other cartoon lions, and that me saying this as a picky stubborn person.

I mean this series will TOTALLY make the Timon and Pumbaa show look from cheezy to just crap now.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard