Possible Movie and series difference

Possible Movie and series difference

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 17th, 2015, 1:15 pm

ok I just thought of something that worries me, How do we know that the movie and series wont be the same concept age wise, I mean from what we have seen, its seems more for 5 to 7 year olds, now how do we know the movie will only be more mature enough and the series wont be? what if the series will be for the 2 to 4 years olds? :ehh2:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Possible Movie and series difference

Postby KingKivuli » August 17th, 2015, 1:21 pm

I doubt it will be a difference tlk has always been a family movie and from what I have seen will still be ad the trailer gives references to the first film. Take me for example when I was a kid I loved the colours the songs it wad a bright happy thing to watch. Now I am older I still love those things but can also pick up on the daft adult jokes they sneak in. I honestly think it will be an all age thing the bright colours and characters for kids but the nostalga and references for the family.... brace yourselves MLK I suspect we will have a member influx
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby SimbasGuard » August 18th, 2015, 8:27 am

I agree it, would not pay for them to attract one demographic with the movie and then alienate it with the follow up series.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » August 18th, 2015, 8:49 am

the movie footage looks promising, but I predict the series will be more like dora the explorer meets jake and the neverland pirates.. but i still have hope XD
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 18th, 2015, 4:27 pm

[quote="zerodix"]the movie footage looks promising, but I predict the series will be more like dora the explorer meets jake and the neverland pirates.. but i still have hope XD[/quote]

PLEASE dont say that! :ugh: I cant bare it, none of us would
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2015, 4:32 pm

I think of the 'movie' as more of a pilot for the tv series. As a way to introduce the new characters, give them some development and to set up the new lore.

Like an extended episode of the main series but in a more movie-like way.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » August 18th, 2015, 4:50 pm

It would not make any sense to change the tone of the T.V. Series to something different that what they establish in the movie. especially given that like Elton John says it is a television movie in the first place. I also think if Disney were to look to another series for insperation other than Jake and the Never Land Pirates. It would be Sofia The First.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Shadowfax » August 18th, 2015, 5:00 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"][quote="zerodix"]the movie footage looks promising, but I predict the series will be more like dora the explorer meets jake and the neverland pirates.. but i still have hope XD[/quote]

PLEASE dont say that! :ugh: I cant bare it, none of us would[/quote]

Well, at the end of the day...this shows target audience is young kids... like others have said, I doubt they'd suddenly change the age group for the series and the movie..
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 18th, 2015, 5:47 pm

I hope people aren't setting the standard too high. It's not going to be another TLK movie. It's a different style, in some cases a different canon if Kovu isn't there. I think it'll capture some of the essence of TLK and it'll have references galore.

The TV show is ultimately going to be for toddlers to maybe the ages of 7/8 I assume. Won't stop me from watching it though.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby SimbasGuard » August 18th, 2015, 11:57 pm

I for one am well aware of The Lion Guard's target audience, as well as the fact that it is not a theatrical movie. Neither of witch will stop me from watching it either. The only thing I'm hoping, for thanks to the previews. Is that the writing on the show won't be so child-like that an adult would not be able handle watching it. Thus far I have no reason to think that it will be anything other that a well written kids show that an adult can enjoy too.

SimbasGuard

Next

Return to The Lion Guard