Magic in a Mostly Natural World?

Magic in a Mostly Natural World?

Postby Yumacub » August 17th, 2015, 9:23 am

Not sure how I feel about that magic marking or the 'powerful' roar Kion brings off in that clip, but then again, this was a spin-off made for preschool age kids so it's almost like a modern lion king series for small children, and the people in charge aren't seriously thinking about our age group. Most of us are probably in our 20's or late teens.

Though being a die-hard TLK fan myself, I'm still super excited. :lol:
I just hope it's not a let down anyway, despite the age group the show is aimed at. The Lion King was and always will be apart of my childhood and even still as I continue to grow older! :P

I'm also extremely happy over the fact they gave him a 'Muffy tuft'. Maybe Mufasa's spirit is within Kion and Kion's using what may be a gift from The Great King(s) of The Past. :)
ImageImage
Yumacub
Queen of the Wildlands~

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Love is what it's all about! <3

Nickname(s): Yumi Yuma YC
Pride Points: 8

Re: Magic in a Mostly Natural World?

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 17th, 2015, 11:32 am

[quote="Yumacub"]Not sure how I feel about that magic marking or the 'powerful' roar Kion brings off in that clip, but then again, this was a spin-off made for preschool age kids so it's almost like a modern lion king series for small children, and the people in charge aren't seriously thinking about our age group. Most of us are probably in our 20's or late teens.

Though being a die-hard TLK fan myself, I'm still super excited. :lol:
I just hope it's not a let down anyway, despite the age group the show is aimed at. The Lion King was and always will be apart of my childhood and even still as I continue to grow older! :P

I'm also extremely happy over the fact they gave him a 'Muffy tuft'. Maybe Mufasa's spirit is within Kion and Kion's using what may be a gift from The Great King(s) of The Past. :)[/quote]

my thoughts exactly but to me he still seems to look more like cub Simba I think :)
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby zerodix » August 17th, 2015, 1:04 pm

:P there is an explanation about that magical "roar of the elders coming out of Kions shoulder logo power" thingey... scar had it too, as beeing a second royal cub. and that he killed of his royal lion guard, was told before they released the 3 minute during footage of the lion guard. I am not into magic, but how they did it, kinda blends in with the lion king universe. didn't we had a ghost mufasa already? kinda magic too.. and we have rafiki with his voodoo-ish hobbies :)
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Carl » August 18th, 2015, 1:39 am

[quote="Yumacub"]Not sure how I feel about that magic marking or the 'powerful' roar Kion brings off in that clip, but then again, this was a spin-off made for preschool age kids so it's almost like a modern lion king series for small children, and the people in charge aren't seriously thinking about our age group. Most of us are probably in our 20's or late teens[/quote]
That's where you're wrong; they are seriously thinking about our age group. Most people who watched TLK as kids back in '94 are in their 20s already. These people are now having kids... preschool aged kids. Disney thought about this, no doubt. They know the 20-somethings who loved the films growing up will be exceedingly eager to introduce this show to their kids now. The timing is perfect for that. They also know that we'll be expecting a lot from the show, which I think is why we've heard some of the things we have. Haven't so many people said "I want a new Lion King that talks about Scar's/Mufasa's past"? Now TLG is going to include some information about that, as it has been revealed that Scar led the Lion Guard back in the day. Based on what we've seen it also looks like a more mature show than a lot of people have expected. I'm pretty sure that Disney is well aware there are a lot of 20-somethings who are hoping this will be good.

As for the roar of his; it's a reference to Mufasa appearing in the clouds, and this means we're finally learning more about the spirituality of the TLK universe. The marking does seem pretty strange, but the facts are we do see some magic in TLK and TLKII:SP. It's not gone into in much depth because it wasn't necessary. Even so, I've seen a lot of fans take an interest in is exploring the spirituality of the series. People have created their own mythos around the Great Kings of the Past, and I'm sure that Disney chose to include this element of magic in the series not only for the sake of the children viewers, but for those fans who want to know more about the spirituality of TLK.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 18th, 2015, 2:03 am

Julie your words sound comforting, I pray that you are right! we all do

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KiovuLove » August 18th, 2015, 2:10 am

I just hope it doesn't go much farther than that. Julie you definitely put it in a way I couldn't think of. It's a wierd mystical spirituality that's in the franchise and they're just continuing that. They know what kids these days like. Giving a lion king universe character power instantly made me think about frozen for some reason
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2015, 2:14 am

at least it's a power that makes sense within the lion king universe.

They didn't give Kion the ability to turn into an enormous green rage monster who gets stronger as he gets angrier.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KiovuLove » August 18th, 2015, 2:19 am

True
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 18th, 2015, 3:03 am

:-O :saywhat: :ooh2: OOOOOOOOOOH so this is what they ment by "meets the avengers", to be honest I almost completely forgot about that, now Im getting the whole picture, but how the roar of the elders came to be now that's still a mystery.

OK so what if.....they have the whole gang have there own special power or would that be too much? cause think of it what if Kion needed saving? every hero needs helps too sometimes.

god I new some clue was missing from my mind, now I feel so dim witted right now :innocent: :embarrassed: :nukacool: :nukalaugh:

gothprincesskiara

Postby Elton John » August 18th, 2015, 3:16 am

I wonder how much of an "avengers" influence this show will have?

In the comics and movies the avengers fight each other as much as they fight the villains. I can see the lion guard arguing amonst each other but not.

also, based on the dialogue from the audition "Till the pridelands end, Lion Guard defend!" reminds me a lot of "Avengers, ASSEMBLE!"
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Next

Return to The Lion Guard