Sweet mufasa in the clouds...3 minute plus long clip!

Sweet mufasa in the clouds...3 minute plus long clip!

Postby Elton John » August 16th, 2015, 11:45 pm

Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Sweet mufasa in the clouds...3 minute plus long clip!

Postby Lauren » August 17th, 2015, 12:00 am

Okay...My thoughts:

1. Kion pouncing on top of Bunga...guess he's got his mother's classic pinning move like she did on Simba when they were cubs. :D
2. I can't wait to see more of Fuli. She looks good so far.
3. I suppose those must be a different type of Outlands unlike the ones from the second film. I'm not sure, but hopefully it will be explained.

I'm looking forward to seeing the TV movie and show soon. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby HasiraKali » August 17th, 2015, 12:06 am

This is exciting!
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby TheLionPrince » August 17th, 2015, 12:08 am

So, this is an extended version of the clip released on Wednesday? Much like Laura, Kion's pouncing skills reminded me of Nala's "pin ya" pounce on Simba and the Outlands they called in the clip looks similar to the gorge from the first film. Anyway, great find although I don't think it needed its own thread.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » August 17th, 2015, 12:12 am

sory lol. i'll tone down the topic creating for unique news.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » August 17th, 2015, 12:18 am

Not really any new material. Just stuff they already released in clips but now in the full length 3 minute version. Still not bad though.

Although I do have to yet get used to the slightly different art style compared to the movies. It's obvious that TLG is mostly using CGI rather than traditional animation, but I think they did a reasonable job merging the two elements together.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » August 17th, 2015, 12:35 am

https://www.facebook.com/656444598/videos/10153034341054599/

The whole thing, with don hahn

apparently the lion guard is a role carried out by the second born cub of a king and queen....and that scar was the leader of his own group? interesting...

and scar pretty much killed off his own guard? Pretty dark for a disney jr show lol.

and kion is worried about him being tempted to use the roar of the elders for evil?
Last edited by Elton John on August 17th, 2015, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbaPrescott » August 17th, 2015, 12:49 am

I absolutely love this song for some reason. In fact, I might just have to put that on my mp3, voices and all (I'm sure I can handle it until they release the full song).
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby crownofsimba » August 17th, 2015, 1:04 am

[quote="DGFone"]Although I do have to yet get used to the slightly different art style compared to the movies. It's obvious that TLG is mostly using CGI rather than traditional animation, but I think they did a reasonable job merging the two elements together.[/quote]

I don't think it would be possible to make a television show nowadays traditionally, its simply too expensive, and several shows have shown that you can make beautiful animation in flash and its equivalents. Like Star vs. the Forces of Evil is gorgeously animated while being done in ToonBoom.

Most people seem to take issue with the style, but I'm not sure whether the TLK style could have been preserved with the switch.

Although I did see someone complaining about the tweening somewhere but I'm not really knowledgeable enough to tell if its good or bad. Although considering the general way animated shows work, the animation will improve markedly as the team gets used to the tools.
crownofsimba

Pride Points: 5

Postby DGFone » August 17th, 2015, 1:24 am

I guess I can get used to the overly smooth animation and other such traits - it's why I said I think they did a reasonable job merging traditional with CGI animation.

The thing that most displeases me is not in fact a by-product of computer graphics: the character designs feel a bit... off. They look more cutsey (which considering the target audience, yeah...), and for a lack of a better word, cartoony? If they can change the designs to fit closer to the TLK style, it would be awesome, but I doubt they will do that this late in the sage of development.

Although, in its own way, the different style will help set The Lion Guard apart from the movies, and perhaps it will become its own thing in its own right, rather than another TLK-themed tv show.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to The Lion Guard