Sweet mufasa in the clouds...3 minute plus long clip!

Re: Sweet mufasa in the clouds...3 minute plus long clip!

Postby crownofsimba » August 17th, 2015, 1:34 am

True. I think maybe part of it is a lack of lines, or at least weaker lines? Also this is one of the first entries in which there are several more species being shown as characters, and that causes the design for that animal to become anthropomorphic versus realistic, which TLK generally had animals that weren't either lions or part of the small cast of main characters. Like compare Fuli to the cheetahs during the Circle of Life sequence.

But its definitely been simplified. Lines are much smoother and there's less fur detail, but whether that's an aesthetic or technical choice I couldn't say. The animation will probably get more fluid over time, though, I've watched quite a few shows from this era and that's a consistent development. Especially fur, considering Kion's dramatic mini-mane.
crownofsimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby Buffy » August 17th, 2015, 3:28 am

So does Kion have a roaring superpower?

Truly, I am excited to see it. But I'm a bit sceptical if he's gonna have super powers.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Claws » August 17th, 2015, 4:11 am

Well animation isn't what I would like but it's understandable that traditional would be far from expensive for th budget.. still it's very cute tho nwn and well, I hope you're wrong, Buffy, a super roaring?... not my cup of tea, hahaha I'd like him to be more vulnerable, but it is Disney Junior soooooo I'll let it pass xD
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby crownofsimba » August 17th, 2015, 5:14 am

If its anything like Sofia the First it will have its limits. Like trust it to give out if he ever wants it to do something vaguely selfish with it.

But like its going to be a deus ex machina a lot of the time that's just sort of the way it goes with this age group. If they can get CLEVER with it then we'll see.
crownofsimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 17th, 2015, 5:51 am

IM LOVING IT SO FAR
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » August 17th, 2015, 8:58 am

This is awesome, and the backstory actually sounds very deep. I doubt The Roar of the Elders will make Kion invulnerable. It just seems that it is an ability that will give him an edge in his position as the leader of The Lion Guard. Which let's face it if a team of cubs is defending the Pride Lands, they will need some type of advantage in battle. The only potential draw back I see story wise is if The Lion Guard is responsible for the protection of The Pride Lands. It makes Simba and Kovu somewhat less important. Although I doubt a team of cubs with magical powers or not could successfully defend The entire Pride Lands. Simba and Kovu would still need to make there patrols. I know Kovu has yet to be announced as even being in the show, I just assume he has to be there.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Yumacub » August 17th, 2015, 10:25 am

The animation reminds my of MLP: FiM but still nice, nonetheless! I just wish it was as fluid as the original film we all know and love. <3 You guys should check out the amazing animation in Braindead13. It's one hell of a game from the 90's but check it out! You can watch it on youtube!
ImageImage
Yumacub
Queen of the Wildlands~

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Love is what it's all about! <3

Nickname(s): Yumi Yuma YC
Pride Points: 8

Postby zerodix » August 17th, 2015, 11:37 am

I think the animation is great, and this clip HAS some new material, it is not just the two short clips merged together. it was also fun to see the first footage, the pouncing of kion, merged into the show. this news sure deserved his own thread! great find and I can't wait to see more of this...
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard