What would be the date of Kions Birth

What would be the date of Kions Birth

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 12th, 2015, 5:57 pm

Ok since my Character is Kiara, I want to do something special to celebrate Kions Birth, like the tradition ceremony Role Play :newborn2: , cause we don't know if they will show this yet, but I just have this idea of being a part of his birth, but I want to do it when Nala was Pregnant with Kion or was, where are we with his birth right now till the day of his first release showing?.

And does anyone know how long Lionesses are pregnant for? or how long a Lion baby grows to be a cub size that we see Kion
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: What would be the date of Kions Birth

Postby Captain Cupcake » August 12th, 2015, 6:38 pm

Lioness pregnancies usually last around four months or so. Sometimes a bit less than that.

Kion and the various cub appearances in the films look more or less like 3-4 month year olds.

The sequel creates a bit of wonkiness with ages, though, so it's uncertain if the franchise really bothers to follow realistic lion aging all that much. If we're to believe Kovu(and, by extension of being in the same litter, Vitani) was really around for Scar to choose him as his successor, then he and his sister would be at least 7 or 8 months old at the earliest by the time Kovu meets Kiara. And yet... they're made to look exactly the same age. It's either because DisneyToons didn't really think about it too much, or they knew the age discrepancy but wanted to avoid things looking a bit awkward between Kiara and a lion cub that would already be twice her size(most likely this, given some deleted scenes involving Kiara's presentation as a baby and the Outlander kids witnessing it).

It's interesting to note the first film was originally going to put that "Kenya, 2 Years Later" earlier on in production after the time skip mid-way. It was probably around the time Simba still had that younger looking design with the mane all spiky looking, as shown in some concept art and old pencil tests. His mane still looks a bit more full than what would be expected, but you could probably buy it compared to the more finalized and blatantly more full grown adult design.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby SimbasGuard » August 16th, 2015, 9:44 am

I doubt the series will actually put any specific time on it. as all cartoon characters time freeze at adulthood and don't significantly age after that.

I can't really guess as to when Kion was born, but I am sure it was after Lion King 2. As for whether or not Nala was expecting him before Lion King 2 ended, I can't say for sure. Personally I think it was after.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on August 17th, 2015, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Origibro » August 17th, 2015, 4:12 am

There hasn't been a single human in sight in the movies, so this could be set back thousands of years either way.
May Nala cover you with positivity, love and joys beyond compare. :P
Origibro
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A true Nalaholic.

Pride Points: 0

Postby TheLionPrince » August 17th, 2015, 5:17 am

These characters presumably do have an understanding of time since Mufasa compared the reign of a king to the rising and falling of the sun (the sun has always been an indicator of time) and Nala asked Timon and Pumbaa for she and Simba to "be excused for a few minutes". Despite that the characters act and think as humans, it is doubtful they have an organized calendar of dates like we humans rely on. A better question would be how long after Simba's Pride does Nala give birth to Kion?
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » August 17th, 2015, 7:17 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]A better question would be how long after Simba's Pride does Nala give birth to Kion?[/quote]

That is exactly the right question, but I doubt that they will give a specific answer to that. The one thing I know for sure is that even thought it has been 17 years for us since Lion King 2. It has not been 17 years for The Pride Lands.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard