A whole lot of new tlg info plus clip with voice acting!

Re: A whole lot of new tlg info plus clip with voice acting!

Postby crownofsimba » August 15th, 2015, 3:09 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]Or he may be a nonspeaking role. I suspect he (and perhaps Vitani) will be seen in the background here and there, even if they do not speak.[/quote]

True. If we're lucky they may grow the cast later if the stories get more varied. I doubt season 1 will have arcs that last more than an episode, but if it can last it might develop.

We're supposed to be getting news on it the next few days for the D23 expo I'm assuming, I think someone said that somewhere (or in this thread)
crownofsimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby Milla » August 15th, 2015, 5:07 am

More voice actors new!

http://tvnewsroom.org/newslines/enterta ... off-84545/

On the Last day of D23 we will get lots and lots of news...
~HAKUNA MATATA~ ~HAKUNA MATATA~ ~HAKUNA MATATA~
Milla
Simba-saurus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Muna
Pride Points: 16

Postby FireAndSun » August 15th, 2015, 5:40 am

Well, I'm glad to see James Earl Jones is coming back to voice Mufasa, even though I doubt Mufasa will show up much. No one could ever voice Mufasa quite like he can. I'm sure it's already known that he's voicing Mufasa again, but I'm terrible at keeping up with the news for this show.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby Shawry111 » August 15th, 2015, 6:35 am

So just saw this:

A special preview of “The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar” will be presented at Disney’s D23 Expo in Anaheim, California, on SUNDAY, AUGUST 16 (2:00 p.m.).

Technically I have to wait two days for this because Americans are a day behind. But can't wait none the less :(
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby SimbasGuard » August 15th, 2015, 10:54 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]Or he may be a nonspeaking role. I suspect he (and perhaps Vitani) will be seen in the background here and there, even if they do not speak.[/quote]

That would be a very good way to get Kovu (and hopefully Vitani) in the show at least as well as solving the problem of having to explain why he is not there. I know Disney could conveniently forget Vitani, but Kovu is far too important to forgotten about.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on August 15th, 2015, 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Shawry111 » August 15th, 2015, 11:04 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="Julie Skywalker"]Or he may be a nonspeaking role. I suspect he (and perhaps Vitani) will be seen in the background here and there, even if they do not speak.[/quote]

That would be a very good way to get Kovu (and hopefully Vitani) in the show at least as well as solving the problem of having to explain why he is not there. I know Disney could conveniently forget Vitani, but Kovu is far too important to forgotten about.[/quote]

Couldn't they get Jason Marsden in, he ain't doing anything, just get Kovu and Vitani etc and put them in the show, it would make it so much better, but I'm probably being a bit naive...

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby Carl » August 15th, 2015, 11:10 am

^ Well we seem to have evidence that he knows nothing about what's going on in the show, so for whatever reason, he isn't involved.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SimbasGuard » August 15th, 2015, 11:15 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]^ Well we seem to have evidence that he knows nothing about what's going on in the show, so for whatever reason, he isn't involved.[/quote]

That came as a surprise to me I though if they could get anyone back it would be him :sad:

[quote="crownofsimba"]Jeff Bennett is interesting for Zazu, he was also Brooklyn in Gargoyles among other things, but I guess he'd have to fake an English accent for it.[/quote]

Actuality Jeff Bennett Sang as Zazu in the Now removed added scene The Morning Report from The Lion King Special Edition. I'm sure he will do a good job as Zazu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71TN8NTtNBU

I didn't really think that Nev Campbell would come back as Kiara.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Shawry111 » August 16th, 2015, 12:42 am

Oh god damn! Simba's so cute in The Morning Report, haha! I don't know how I feel about Evan Saucedo's voice in this... I'm sure they could have toned the high pitch singing down a bit and just got Jason Weaver to sing it, that's probably the reason the song wasn't in the original release, what does the "Special Edition" add anyway?

So Jeff Bennett is coming back as Zazu?

Does anyone else just love Simba's little wiggles he does in The Morning Report and Hakuna Matata, so cute! :) ;) 8-)

Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Postby DGFone » August 16th, 2015, 12:53 am

By the way, in the clip that was released recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKna2EJ ... eyJuniorUK

Did anyone else notice that at the end, when they show the title card, that they got James Earl Jones to do the voice over?

Guess they hired him to do a bit more than just voice acting Mufasa. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard