Worried about this show. Will it be bad?

Re: Worried about this show. Will it be bad?

Postby SimbasGuard » August 14th, 2015, 7:12 am

Well I guess nothing is certain yet, however what I have seen so far has me convinced that the T.V. Movie or now that it has a name Return of the Roar is a Must see. Although I felt that way when I first heard of The Lion Guard, but now having seen the clip. I feel as if my feelings are justified.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby crownofsimba » August 14th, 2015, 8:17 am

Considering what I watched of Miles from Tomorrowland (which is another show on the same channel) I think the thing is is that its written primarily for young kids, and thus has certain things it will do that will generally annoy older viewers but won't really hurt the show much.

Mainly just don't expect the writing to be subtle and the jokes not to be corny, and you're set. I think it will be watchable, and I highly doubt it will be terrible, but lets just say that I'd bet that I wouldn't watch much of it if it wasn't The Lion King.

Although considering FIM had a similar target audience maybe we'll be really lucky, but since the cast is mostly younger I doubt it. I've heard that some people only watch Sofia the First when a disney princess shows up, and I imagine that with this I might watch a few eps (for reference I doubt the tv movie will be spectacular just because its a series intro, and they're rarely so) but will probably then only watch it if Simba or others are important in the episode.
crownofsimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby SimbasGuard » August 14th, 2015, 8:52 am

I was never expecting anything on the level of The Lion King, but this series will definitely be worth watching. At least from what Little we have seen. Yes it is a kids show, that was made quite clear when news first broke. But it seems that it will be a kids show that an adult won't have a problem watching (Well at least I won't). That is exactly what I was hoping for.

As for guest stars, since all of the potential guest stars are citizens of The Pride Lands and in some way connected to the star of the show. I can't see Disney making a big deal that Simba or anyone else guest stars in an episode, because they are supposed to be in The Pride Lands anyway. However this show looks as if it will be able to get by without the need for constant guest stars.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on September 7th, 2015, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 14th, 2015, 4:16 pm

and how do we still know its not like Jake and the Neverland Pirates?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » August 15th, 2015, 10:25 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]and how do we still know its not like Jake and the Neverland Pirates?[/quote]

Well going by what we have been shown, it seems to be well written, and there is no indication that anyone will be breaking the forth wall.

SimbasGuard

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard