anything lion guard

Re: anything lion guard

Postby zerodix » October 5th, 2019, 10:31 am

i hope for night pride merch and hopefully a special on tv but a new season is not coming, too bad
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Stormy » October 6th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Even with that petition going around, I honestly don't see The Lion Guard getting another a season nor a spin off for that matter. Not sure why, but I just don't.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby goody2shoes » October 6th, 2019, 3:48 pm

yeah petitions don't work really. people have been trying that for a lot of years with backyardigans and lots of other shows. so i don't know if it will work for the lion guard. but there is hope for it and i hope they do make many more seasons for the lion guard.
goody2shoes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: 10

Postby moonsugar33 » November 10th, 2019, 10:26 am

I recently caught up on Season 3. Wow!!!! I really really loved it!

But WoOoOoOow there were a lot of animation errors! The walk/runcycles for many animals, including the Night Pride and Vitani's Guard, felt really mechanical and not at all like the weighted pad of a big cat or the careful glide of a bird. They rarely interfaced with their environment in immersive or realistic ways- like when Bunga leapt up Mama Binturong's giant pile of Tuliza flowers and didn't leave footsteps or send any tumbling, or when the Guard jumped on the log to ride down the river to the Pridelands, and nobody dug in their claws or lowered their centre of gravity to in order to stay balanced. It really makes it feel like cutout characters on a flat, static background - the only thing I never noticed any slack on were the shadows. Always an oval gradient shadow right under a character.
:dramaqueen:

In the last episode, mud splashed on Beshte's nose, but when he talked you could see his nose crinkling but the mud splash stayed the same shape. Azaad's nose floated in front of his face as well. You can see how assets are layered in each scene in the animation program really easily, and that's not a good thing.

I felt really strange watching the last episode, where we catch up with the characters from Simba's Pride.
I would really love to see some of those scenes reanimated in the traditional style. Maybe some fan talent could give it a slightly more familiar angle.

My grumbles aside, I adored most of Season 3, especially the last third! My favourite new characters were Baliyo, Queen Janna, and Makini's mother. I thought Kion and Rani's relationship developed at a really appropriate pace and I liked Binga too! I loved the skies around the Tree of Life and the bioluminescent fungi within it. I also thought it was really lovely that Rani could talk to her parents the same way Kion talks to Mufasa - I wish we'd gotten a scene where she talks to her grandmother. But I was amazed and delighted that they dealt with her death as much as they did. They really went and did it! That's exactly the kind of scene I could picture a Disney exec going "Nope, you can't put that in there. Write for the target audience please." But they let 'em! And they did a great job!
I might have bones to pick with some of the voices, some of the finished visuals, y'know :vitaniignored: but I think it all got wrapped up pretty well. The last impactful song I recall is Power of the Roar, which feels fitting, and nice.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby SimbasGuard » February 23rd, 2020, 11:20 pm

Had to Quote Myself and re-post This

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="Kallo"]that the Finnish dub got our very own original voice actor for Scar back into the role, which is no small feat and has made me really happy. They're really putting a lot of effort into the dub over here, and I almost wanna watch it more in my language now, heh, which is rare. I'm so excited for Scar's VA to be back, since I've always found him the best voice for Scar and to me, it feels so much more like the "real Scar" now.[/quote]

That is just too awesome 8-) :thumbsup:

[quote="JackStover"]101 Dalmatian Street premiered internationally this month. I still find it absurd how 101 Dalmatians got the cartoon for older kids, but the cartoon based on The Lion King got trapped in the preschool webbing. 101 Dalmatian Street will go on to find a much broader audience, with much more acclaim, while the vast majority of people never gave The Lion Guard a chance because it is, at the end of the day, a preschool cartoon.

Demographics matter. Somebody is going to be less ashamed watching something made for older kids, like SpongeBob or Gumball, than they are of something that is on the same level as Dora the Explorer and Paw Patrol.

I feel like The Lion Guard was never truly preschool. The songs are the only things that are. Its writing is fairly consistent with TV-Y7 cartoons and season two has even had proper continuity. But The Lion Guard is and will always be a preschool cartoon and that hurt it so, so much.[/quote]

I agree with everything you said. I adore The Lion Guard and it does not feel like a Preschool show to me either. Tying it into Lion King Canon was brilliant, but targeting a preschool audince was a huge mistake. The show had a much broader appeal just by the virtue of being connected to The Lion King Franchise.

[quote="Ninclow"]Why do episodes of an American show get released with a dub more than eleven days early in Ukraine of all places?[/quote]

That makes no sense to me at all :? I could make a political reference here, but I won't ;) :lol:

On the upside Season 2 has one more episode that we thought we were getting :thumbsup:[/quote]
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » February 24th, 2020, 12:29 am

Speaking of 101 Dalmation Street it still hasn’t aired anywhere in America. Last I heard it was coming to Disney + here but.... when?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » February 24th, 2020, 7:58 pm

I have no clue, but when I "spot" it on Disney + I'll let you know.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby goody2shoes » February 24th, 2020, 8:08 pm

why do they have to have stuff exclusive to disney+ or netflix or stuff like that i would rather have them put stuff on tv i don't really want to pay for those things and if they change their minds and have new episodes of the lion guard again i hope it goes on tv and not disney+ which i would like the lion guard to have more the 5 seasons maybe keep having new episodes and never end like with spongebob the lion guard can do that it is a really good show and doc mcstuffins has had 5 seasons so far.
goody2shoes

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: 10

Postby Stormy » February 24th, 2020, 8:23 pm

The Lion Guard cannot have a large run like Spongebob can. Sure, TLK can be considered just as or even more iconic as Spongebob, but the difference is TLG would not have the capacity to run as long as Spongebob because of the way they are set up. The theme will let you run out of ideas, spongebob you can come up with as many stupid ideas as possible and still have 10 more seasons.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbasGuard » February 24th, 2020, 11:20 pm

The reason Disney + (or any other streaming service) has original/exclusive content is to get subscribers. The Reason I got Disney + is because of all the Marvel Series that are coming up, The New Star Wars content (The Mandalorian is awesome), and most of all I knew The Lion Guard would be there (With the episodes in proper order).

The reason I think that if The Lion Guard continues in some form it will be on Disney + is because. I don't think The Lion Guard was as successful on TV as Disney had hoped (That is Disney's fault, a sporadic airing scheduled will kill a TV Series. Especially if your target audiences may not understand airing schedules to start with. Pulling the show off regular Disney Channel before Season 2 Ended was a huge mistake too). If they make new Lion Guard episodes for Disney + it will give Disney + more original content to boast of, It will likely get any of us Die Hard Lion Guard fans (That haven't already) to subscribe. On a new venue Disney, [i]could [/i] take "The Lion Guard" from a Preschool Show to a show aimed at a wider audience. Take the maturity level of "The Lion Guard" up to that of The Lion King. I think We could easily get at least 2 more seasons out of that.

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard