anything lion guard

Re: anything lion guard

Postby Kallo » April 26th, 2018, 2:15 pm

Shame to hear. But at least we'll still get one more season. Hopefully they'll go all out with it. I think the show just never took off like intended. Disney as a company and the actual people creating the show probably had certain great ideas and plans for how the show would be, but overall it ended up being kind of a mess throughout its whole lifespan so far. I feel like it kinda took a dip because, for one reason or another, they never could make the show what they wanted it to be, and then everybody involved sorta lost their interest in even working on it. This is the impression I got anyway. Then the show just never got the chance to bounce back up.

I think there *might* be a chance for Disney planning for the franchise's future a bit ahead, though. The Lion King franchise has been quite dead throughout its entire existence, honestly, and I think this show might have been a good "testing the waters" and "learning from mistakes" kinda thing for them to bring something new TLK related back soon. I don't think they're gonna just drop TLK and forget about it again like they did for a long time after TLK3. They've been doing a lot of shows recently based around their movies, and TLK is one of their most successful/famous brands. Once TLG ends, I think that's it for the series, and it won't be renewed as it is. But I think what we MAYBE could expect from them is that they end The Lion Guard properly, and then sometime after the live-action movie comes out and is fresh on people's minds (assuming it does well) the show's staff will move to work on a new Lion King related show. Perhaps somehow tied to TLG also, but they might decide to avoid making the same mistake and make it more mature this time. Of course, that's pure speculation on my part, but I could see that happening. Funny enough someone mentioned MLP in this thread. Hasbro is currently planning to release G5 of MLP in 2020, and apparently its target audience is gonna be teenagers and young adults. I could very easily see Disney trying to compete by releasing a new Lion King show (a new generation of Lion Guard, if you will), that will be more mature as well. That's what I would do anyway; end TLG properly and tie all the loose ends with TLK2, then after a couple of years with the live-action movie keeping the franchise hot, start a new, more mature series from scratch that will continue the story, but after the events of TLK2.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » April 27th, 2018, 12:19 am

That idea could work very well, and as much as I hate the idea of an extended hiatus. It would save Disney the trouble of having to jump the show forward, or to another channel with no explanation. Thus avoiding any shock from the current target audince. :thumbsup:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Kallo » April 28th, 2018, 8:56 pm

Whatever they'll end up doing, I just have a feeling they're gonna do something more with the TLK franchise in the upcoming years. Seems like they've really been trying to bring it up from its grave these last few years. With the live-action movie coming out next year, there's just too much potential there to waste and abandon the brand. I can't see them not taking advantage of it.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » May 14th, 2018, 8:57 am

Excellent points.

There is also the fact that from the get go Disney has been saying that The Lion Guard is canon. There would be no need for them to do that if they had nothing in mind for the property that just 3 seasons of a preschool show. That because it is a midquel, would then require them to explain the whereabouts of (at least) the show's major characters during that 2nt half of Lion King 2.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » May 18th, 2018, 1:18 pm

So a bit more information about the rest of the series (per FB Fanpage and a tweet from Ford Riley):

Season 2 has a total of 28 episodes (not including The Rise of Scar), so we've only got 8 left this season. Additionally, they might not air anything new until July since nothing seems scheduled for next month. The only reason I can think of for the odd scheduling we've seen this year is just to build anticipation and find some way for the series to end coinciding with the release of the "live-action" film remake in July of next year.

Season 3 apparently starts with another hour-long "movie" (presumably something to introduce Rani and her pride, regardless of whether or not Scar is done for at that point) then goes on for just 18 episodes. Hopefully the significantly fewer number of episodes means that they've opted for quality over quantity. If the series ends after that, might as well go out on a strong note.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » May 18th, 2018, 3:59 pm

[quote="Panpardus"] Additionally, they might not air anything new until July since nothing seems scheduled for next month. The only reason I can think of for the odd scheduling we've seen this year is just to build anticipation and find some way for the series to end coinciding with the release of the "live-action" film remake in July of next year.
[/quote]
IMDb says the next episode comes out 10th June. Not sure if it's true though. :(
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » May 18th, 2018, 4:28 pm

it’s not true.

IMDB is loaded with fake or misleading info.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » May 18th, 2018, 4:41 pm

*autistic screeching*

I was looking forward to that... What the heck is going on with DIsney TV Animation? They're making Steven's Universe look relatively consistent.

Edit: Never mind. They're apparently making 13 on-going TV shows with 3 more in production.
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » June 6th, 2018, 9:56 pm

nevermind..,
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » June 20th, 2018, 3:51 am

Apparently we won't see any new Lion Guard episodes until September :sad:

http://lionguard.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:73749

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard