Lion Guard merchandise?

Lion Guard merchandise?

Postby zerodix » June 27th, 2015, 6:33 pm

Since there will be a movie, series and 5 books, I was wondering.. will there be more merch? Like kids clothing, toys, plushies, maybe collectibles or playsets? Is anything known about this?
On the internet I still can't find anything, the Disney store hasn't got its hand on this project either..
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Re: Lion Guard merchandise?

Postby Elton John » June 27th, 2015, 6:44 pm

I was at hollywood studios at dw today, saw no tlg merch in the dis jr store.

Maybe this fall they will release it?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby zerodix » June 27th, 2015, 6:48 pm

I hope so. I just returned from the website of the Disney Store, and searched within the Disney Junior section (which is sorted by the several shows/series there are right now) and I also didn't find any TLG items. Since the series/movie are to be released this fall, it kinda surprises me. The Original movie back in 1994 wasn't even released yet and mac Donalds, toy stores and...well almost every kind of shop, had Lion King merchandise. It came before the movie came! What happened with the lion cub enthousiasts from the old days *sob the sob sob*
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Postby Elton John » June 27th, 2015, 7:12 pm

Remember tlg doesn't release till november, and is just a tv movie so it won't get the same level of promotion as a theatrical release.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbaPrescott » June 28th, 2015, 12:36 pm

I'm pretty sure a press statement mentioned merchandise of TLG. It'll probably come out shortly after Disney start showing the trailers for it, but not before, I'd imagine, since kids won't know who he is and not many will want to purchase anything.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby SimbasGuard » June 29th, 2015, 9:01 am

Disney did confirm that there would be Lion Guard Merchandise. I think the earliest it will come out is November. Disney definitely will not release any merchandise until they have at least run some T.V. adds for The Lion Guard...Unless they preview Lion Guard merchandise at D23, but I'm not even sure that is something that Disney would do at their convention.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on September 7th, 2015, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » June 29th, 2015, 4:57 pm

such a long wait for november :x but there was also a series to be aired, wasn't that before or after the movie came out?
since jake and the neverland pirates has a lot of goodies, I do sure hope the same amount will be up for TLG.
Also, because the lion king kids of yesterday, are the parents of today. I can imagine 30 year old purchasing a lot for their toddlers when it gets in store! since i am an aunt-to-be, I will be one of them too :D
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby Elton John » June 29th, 2015, 5:33 pm

I know I want a kion and a fuli plush.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby KiovuLove » June 29th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Lion Guard is being released in November...well the movie is anyway. That's right before Christmas. I cant imagine Disney passing up on that opportunity. I know it's not gonna be like Frozen, but they did the same thing for Frozen. In fact that movie came out on Thanksgiving. Merchandise still sold even with it being so close to the season. I feel there will be at least SOMETHING released with the movie
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby SimbasGuard » June 29th, 2015, 9:42 pm

[quote="Elton John"]I know I want a kion and a fuli plush.[/quote]

Same here.

The Lion Guard Series will premier in 2016 my guess is that it will be some time in early January.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Next

Return to The Lion Guard